• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

Would it be fine for me to request a 2 week ban anyhow? I'd rather try to distance myself from this place for now, and I think it'd be beneficial for my own sake. If I end up regretting it then it's on me lol.
Just do what I did.

Sign off. Un-bookmark PC if you have it book marked. Don't get back on for two weeks.

You don't need a ban to leave this place. I didn't when I took a hiatus.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Just do what I did.

Sign off. Un-bookmark PC if you have it book marked. Don't get back on for two weeks.

You don't need a ban to leave this place. I didn't when I took a hiatus.
I wouldn't be asking for a ban if it was that easy for me.

The harder it is for me to access the forum, the less incentive I'll have to visit here. I'll take what I can get at this point, since I am a bit desperate about my studies.
Depending on what browser you use, there are quite a few scripts available that either limit your time on a site or outright block you from accessing them! I use Chrome and upon a quick search there are at least 4-5 scripts & programs available to remedy your issue.
That's a good idea, dunno why I didn't think of that. I know how to block websites using the hosts file so I'll go do that as well. Cheers!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Yeah typically we don't do ban requests, but if you have a compelling reason behind it you may as well PM a higher staff member and we'll see what we can do. We're human after all.

That said, if you can find another method of distancing yourself for whatever reason; that would be much more beneficial. If you want to access PC, banned or not, you will find a way. So ultimately it comes down to your willpower.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Alright, another dumb question. I've been experimenting with png. files and have been trying to get rid of the white background in my avatar because it looks sloppy, but to no avail. I've tried different images, all with no luck. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not working for me at the moment?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Alright, another dumb question. I've been experimenting with png. files and have been trying to get rid of the white background in my avatar because it looks sloppy, but to no avail. I've tried different images, all with no luck. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not working for me at the moment?

Are you sure your avatar has transparent background, and not white? There are programs out there online that allow us to add transparency into pictures (Pixlr would be one example) if we don't have any advanced image-editing software installed in our computer, haha.

CoffeeDrink

Years
Are you sure your avatar has transparent background, and not white? There are programs out there online that allow us to add transparency into pictures (Pixlr would be one example) if we don't have any advanced image-editing software installed in our computer, haha.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure. I'll just have to do some fiddling then, no problem.

Edit: oops, I'll try it right now.

Edit 2: Sorry bout that. Apparently it works now *rolls eyes*

Edit 3: It's only working for posts, however. In my profile there is still a white background to it. Tried using a .png (transparent, of course) for my profile pic and still the same thing. What's? The deal? Why is it being so difficult? *straps the .png down and starts pulling teeth*

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Edit 3: It's only working for posts, however. In my profile there is still a white background to it. Tried using a .png (transparent, of course) for my profile pic and still the same thing. What's? The deal? Why is it being so difficult? *straps the .png down and starts pulling teeth*

The transparency of our avatar gets removed when re-sized in profiles, conversation pages, and some other similar areas. Sadly, this has always been an issue.

CoffeeDrink

Years
The transparency of our avatar gets removed when re-sized in profiles, conversation pages, and some other similar areas. Sadly, this has always been an issue.

Wonderful. And one last thing. Is there a way to combine an image and a music player on this forum? I'm been dinking around with this for about an hour and a half. I know it's possible, as I've done it a few times before in other forums. So, is it possible here or was it never possible? I'm trying to remove that excess space I have in my new signature, but so far. . . it'd be great to see this working. It'd make more sense, too. . .

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Wonderful. And one last thing. Is there a way to combine an image and a music player on this forum? I'm been dinking around with this for about an hour and a half. I know it's possible, as I've done it a few times before in other forums. So, is it possible here or was it never possible? I'm trying to remove that excess space I have in my new signature, but so far. . . it'd be great to see this working. It'd make more sense, too. . .

You have to use CSS in your signature to do so. Standard signatures can not do this and you have to get your music from a website that allows embedding to signatures to get the player to even appear in the CSS.

CoffeeDrink

Years
You have to use CSS in your signature to do so. Standard signatures can not do this and you have to get your music from a website that allows embedding to signatures to get the player to even appear in the CSS.

So, when you say standard signatures, that means that even with CSS code I cannot do this? In short, is it even worth investigating further?

Edit1: What I mean to ask is if CSS code can only be utilized by certain members, or if it can be utilized and it's just not a 'regular' signature.

Edit2: just thought about asking if HTML works here. It's been a long time since I've took a crack at this stuff, like six or seven years long so a little bit has changed but it is fundamentally the same.

Edit3: Found the code wraps. . . stand by.

Last edited:
Years
I don't know if this is worthy of making a thread or not, but one of the threads I made in Technology and Internet was locked because they already had a thread that discusses the same topic. Couldn't what I posted just have been moved into the remaining thread instead?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I'm not going to speak for Tsutarja, but the answer could come down to just how he handles the situation differently from other moderators. I'll send him a link to this thread so that he can be sure to answer your concerns.

Edit: Also, to add, if you have a question with how a moderator handled a situation that you were involved in, you can always send them a private message. If you want to discuss it further, you can always send a private message to a member of h-staff. That way, you can be sure that we'll answer any questions you may have.

Last edited:
Years
I don't know if this is worthy of making a thread or not, but one of the threads I made in Technology and Internet was locked because they already had a thread that discusses the same topic. Couldn't what I posted just have been moved into the remaining thread instead?
I'll go ahead and respond to this, since I was the one involved. However, what Astinus said pretty much summarizes my exact thoughts; when it comes to handling duplicate threads, not every moderator may take the same action. You're absolutely right in that I could have merged and edited your post into the already-existing thread on the matter, so I'll take that into consideration next time something similar in the future happens. Just remember to look through the section first next time to make sure no topic on the matter already exists. :)

Also, I'm always open for concerns if you want to talk with me through PM on how I may have handled something. There's no need to come to CQ&F and publicize the issue, because then that creates unwanted tension and drags in others who were not involved. If you're unhappy with the response you receive, then feel free to take it to h-staff as well, and they will evaluate your concern and any actions taken by the moderator.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Just saying, I think it's not good to make this kind of things public. If you have an issue with some person, Or you want to say something to a mod about certain situation it's better to use the PM's.
Just saying, This is the kind of stuff that it's not good for members and mods.

Eh, it varies from case to case. There's a reason why there's a Staff Feedback thread in the first place and although it may seem bad, it's sometimes good to air your dirty laundry out in the open. It all depends on the situation.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Tastes are tastes, I don't know but I had lots of bad experiences on my life because I made my issues with certain persons public. Since that, I don't do that anymore. It just puts people against eachother by a stupid thing.

PS: I respect your opinion, If you don't care about showing your issues with certain people is ok.

Mhmm, that's why I said it varies from case to case. It's up to the individual in the end whether or not they want to make their cases public as it's that persons past, present, and possible future experiences that help shape their decision making when it comes to handling these matters. In the end the person's going to do what's most comfortable for them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
How do you change the name of a thread you create? Sorry for the dumb question, I'm having trouble figuring it out lol

Years
How do you change the name of a thread you create? Sorry for the dumb question, I'm having trouble figuring it out lol

Edit the first post, then click Go Advanced. At the top there will be a box with the title of the thread, and if you click it, you can edit the title.

Years
Hi there! :)

There are two ways you can do that! You can either double-click under the thread title from the section's index and edit it from there, or go to the top of the thread, and under the Thread Tools menu, click on "Edit Thread" and rename it from there.

Hope this helps! :D

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
I want to trade a Pokemon away, but I don't know exactly what I want in return, so I want to get some offers before I actually do the trade, should I post it in a normal thread in the Trade Corner, or in the Quick Trade forum?

Years
I want to trade a Pokemon away, but I don't know exactly what I want in return, so I want to get some offers before I actually do the trade, should I post it in a normal thread in the Trade Corner, or in the Quick Trade forum?

Quick Trades is where you want to post if you're looking for simple trade requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back