• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recent Gaming Purchases

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • I plan on picking up Sonic Colors Ultimate (PS4) today.

Yes I heard about the glitches. You fail to understand how LARGE my backlog currently is. I'm still about a year+ behind on games. They should be fixed through patches by the time I actually get around to playing it.

Years
  • It wasn't exactly recent but my last game purchases were The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and The House Fata Morgana both for Switch.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Tales of Arise.

With two Tales of Games I like and two I absolutely do not like; let's see how this one breaks the tie.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Tales of Arise.

With two Tales of Games I like and two I absolutely do not like; let's see how this one breaks the tie.
    Which are the two you don't like and which are the two you do like?

though speaking of Arise I started that myself today too, we'll see how it goes

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Which are the two you don't like and which are the two you do like?

though speaking of Arise I started that myself today too, we'll see how it goes
    I really like Phantasia. It's the first one I played and I have a lot of nostalgia for playing the GBA port of all things during my childhood.
    I also really like Berseria and for me it not only has the best and well written cast but also includes my favorite Tales of character so far. It also has a pretty good story and gameplay wise I never really felt the need to grind.

Eternia I just don't like basically anything about it. Boring plot, boring characters, somehow I feel incredibly underleveled and there doesn't seem to be any good place to grind where I am right now. And even though, the battle system is very similar to ToP. Something about it just rubs me the wrong may. I've actually tried many times to get back into it and every time I put it down again very quickly.
    Zestiria is just a letdown. I do like some of the characters. The premise is ok, I guess. The gameplay is weird, however. The first couple hours were ok but now it seems like the enemy levels are catching up very quickly. I remember beating the last boss being a huge pain. I've also heard that grinding in this game is very much necessary. So I don't know what to think about that.

It's not that I don't like grinding. It's just that grinding in a Tales of game always seems very tedious.

I've started Arise, but I'm very much still in the tutorial area. I do like to assume I've already figured out one of the plot twists. Though, for all I know that might be explained fairly shortly after; so basically, me figuring it out 5 minutes before it happens. xD

Years
  • Bought Deathloop yesterday for my PS5. I'm really enjoying it so far, the gameplay loop (hah) is really well done and there's a great deal of freedom given in terms of how you accomplish tasks.

Years
  • The other day I bought Guilty Gear: Strive after being recommended it for months, and it's probably the most fun I've had in a fighting game in the past few years. The pacing feels much nicer and beginner-friendly compared to previous GG games.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Managed to find a way to get Super Mario Maker 2 for about 75% of the price. Just enough to also get a NSO subscription.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Preordered SMT V yesterday - just a month to go! Also bough Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth from the eshop, it was on sale so I figured might as well.

Back