• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serebii or Bulbapedia?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Do you guys use Serebii, Bulbapedia, or some other source to look up information about Pokemon?

For news, I always go straight to Serebii, but for information on a Pokemon, I go to Bulbapedia. I don't think I can do without either of these websites, to be honest.

Years
  • I use Bulbapedia because it has a better UI design. Serebii's UI design is outdated and it is hard to navigate through the website.

pkmin3033

Agreed about Serebii's UI, it's absolutely awful. You would think with all the money the site probably makes they could afford to hire a designer. A proofreader as well because the grammar, spelling, and punctuation on some of the pages is embarrassingly bad.

That said, I'm used to navigating Serebii at this point and the game info is clustered together pretty well, so it's what I usually use. But if I want more data than the basics I'll go with Bulbapedia.

Years
  • I also use both. Serebii is great for following the news and looking at newer in-game sprites that Bulbapedia is always slow to get. Bulbapedia is absolute gold for information.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Pokemondb. 🤷

I used to have a problem with Bulbapedia slowing down my computer really bad, but it seems to have gotten better, so I might use it more in the future. Did anyone else experience that?

Years
  • Serebii for the bulk of my look ups.
    Bulbapedia occasionally for info that's either harder to find on serebii or just not there afaik.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I pretty much forget Serebii exists tbh.

I use Bulbapedia 99.99% of the time, it's just more convenient.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pokemondb. 🤷

I used to have a problem with Bulbapedia slowing down my computer really bad, but it seems to have gotten better, so I might use it more in the future. Did anyone else experience that?

Yeah, it's slow sometimes for me, too. But that might be a server issue, not my computer. /shrugs

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Serebii looks awful, and Bulbapedia is really slow. I use PokémonDB for the convenience.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    I use PokemonDB for the ease of looking up a Pokemon's information. I actually prefer Serebii's look to Bulbapedia so I tend to use Serebii more often when looking up items, abilities, or other miscellaneous Pokemon things.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Favors Serebii typically. Checks Bulbapedia for things like move/ability interaction edge cases (example: Stance Change and Soak).

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémondb for stats, learn sets, move compatibilities, gen comparissons, etc.

Serebii for Pokémon locations, TM locations, items, and more detailed data on certain abilities' or Items' effects.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Usually find Bulbapedia easier to navigate and more useful than Serebii for things like past-generation movesets

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've always preferred serebii for movesets and stats. I use bulbapedia for anything that requires more info

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I've noticed I've been using Bulbapedia a lot more when looking at Pokemon stuff but then again I tend to use Google and click on Bulbapedia. The UI is nicer too.

For Pokemon news, there's discord for that.

Years
  • I use Pokemondb for team planning, since it has such a nice Pokémon list for each game and great layout, where I can quickly see stats and movesets. Then I use Bulbapedia for everything else, including checking routes encounters, items description and location and so on... Haven't been on Serebii in ages personally.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I haven't used Serebii for a long time. I mostly use Bulbapedia and Pokewiki (German website) for information about certain Pokemon. Those two are kinda similar in the aspects that I care about, but the latter is a little more condensed. Bulbapedia has just way too much stuff for every individual Pokemon. Especially when I just want to look up movesets. Why are they so far down? D:

Back