• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • /r/smashbros has updated their tier list again, though I feel it's a bit too late, because a patch is upon us once Cloud becomes available:

Spoiler:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • It's funny that Zelda is both the best and worst character in the game according to this.

And the different versions of Samus are on opposite ends, too.

Spoiler:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • It's funny that Zelda is both the best and worst character in the game according to this.

Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    It's funny that Zelda is both the best and worst character in the game according to this.

Spoiler:
    It's always been that way really. It is kinda both weird and funny though how the same person is both the best and the worst character at the same time.

idg what's with reddit and Roy though, they keep placing him higher than they should.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Looks like Project M has ceased development all of a sudden. Some argued that the development team have received a C&D notice but there was no mention of it, but this is pretty saddening to hear:

https://projectmgame.com/en/
    Spoiler:

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Looks like Project M has ceased development all of a sudden. Some argued that the development team have received a C&D notice but there was no mention of it, but this is pretty saddening to hear:

Spoiler:

Well this sucks. I was hoping to play as Lyn, Knuckles, Isaac and Sami. We didn't even get the costumes that they made for Roy and ZZS. Oh well. I really wanted to play as Lyn. I guess I have to start making my own Lyn PSA.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I wasn't fully invested in Project M, because I have a dislike towards the impression that the creators of mods/hacks of any game believe they can make a better game than the original creators, kind of like fanfic writers. I look forward to see what new projects they're going to build from the ground up.

Moving on, there's a rumor on when both the Cloud DLC and the Smash broadcast will be out.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023

Spoiler:

Did you hear about the leak? I've downloaded it. Let's just say Lyn, Knuckle and Isaac is awesome. Shame that Isaac is unfinished.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    It really is sad to see development of Project M come to an end. And before they even made a PAL version, too. It was such a great mod, almost like a unique Smash game in its own right.

;-;

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Looks like Project M has ceased development all of a sudden. Some argued that the development team have received a C&D notice but there was no mention of it, but this is pretty saddening to hear:

Spoiler:

Oh man, this news makes me really sad. I absolutely adore Project M, as I've been playing it for close to two years now. Strangely enough, this happens shortly after I decided to quit Smash (due to a lack of time on my end), so I probably wouldn't have been able to play any future versions anyway. :/

Regardless, I still want to thank them for everything - for all their hard work, and for enchanting me with an awesome two years of playing their game. I really wish the best of luck to them in any of their future endeavors. Thank you, Project M team!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    You would think that they would at least have finished and released the new update before calling it quits....

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    You would think that they would at least have finished and released the new update before calling it quits....

Apparently... It never strike them in the 6 years that they were working on PM that there are some legal dangers when modding a game. I don't understand why are they suddenly realizing it now.

Honestly though... As long as they're not making profit, misusing IP, overstepping their boundaries, then they really should have no legal dangers or problems.

Years
  • Quoted from a facebook post by Mewtwo2000
    They never thought further than a C&D, a letter or message that would tell them to stop with no further actions if agreed. But the possibility of a legal action without a previous warning has come on the table in the last days, and talking with an actual lawyer about it has changed all what the PMDT feared. Let's say it's changed from the possibility of being told to stop at anytime to the fear of having to pay millions of dollars if dared to do even a single further release. Something that comes to be useless in the end, cause no matter what, somebody will leak stuff, and Project M will be on the spot more than ever.
    Whatever it was they noticed, they aren't going to be telling anybody which is the reason they purged some members from the dev team that couldn't be trusted with it.

I just feel bad for them at this point. I'll forever be curious as to what it was that led them to go check with a lawyer.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Quoted from a facebook post by Mewtwo2000

Whatever it was they noticed, they aren't going to be telling anybody which is the reason they purged some members from the dev team that couldn't be trusted with it.

I just feel bad for them at this point. I'll forever be curious as to what it was that led them to go check with a lawyer.

Yet they only started saying that right after the build was leak. Had they just said that in the beginning then the community wouldn't be so split and vile right now feeling that they were betrayed.

Years
  • Yeah, the whole thing was handled poorly but I guess they were content with being yelled at if it meant people didn't start digging into the real reason they stopped. Didn't work quite so well.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Okay, playing the leaked dev build and watching the leaked Lyn VS Knuckle video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxbgK__kUR4) again, I've noticed many differences.

Lyn's A Combo.
    In the leaked video, he "A combo" involves her using swords that slashes both ways (2:08), instead of the awkward punching and kicking that seriously doesn't fit her character. Furthermore, it appears her "normal A Combo" can chain into "Up A combo" and to "Down A combo" (2:06), which is something that the leaked dev build couldn't do.

Lyn's Side B (Mirror Step)
    Her Side B is the same as the one in the leak build, but there's some notable differences. If you watch from 4:49 in the leaked video, you'll notice that her SIDE B does not put her into a helpless state. It also has less ending lag as shown in 2:28 in the video.

Lyn's Down B (Vantage).
    Now here's the major difference. In the leaked video, her Down B was a proximity move where she strikes when the opponent is in front of her (critical if sweep-spot). In, 1:43, you see the guy couldn't use Vantage because he wasn't close enough. Then you see him successfuly trigger Vantage at 2:09. Triggered it again at 6:15. The Down B in the Leaked Dev build doesn't even work.
    Note: Thankfully, someone fixed it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf7F9W0cW20)

Lyn's Up B (Leap of Fate [Apparently])
    In the leaked video, her UP B is drastically different from the one in the leaked Dev Build. The one from the leaked dev build resembles Marth's UP B, and puts her in a helpless state. However, in the leak video as shown in 5:30, her UP B was a spinning jump that resembles her moveset as a Blade Lord (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gutrFRkRow). In addition, it also doesn't put her into a helpless state, and allows her to chain into other moves afterwards. In addition, you can also cancel her UP B with a jump (5:45).

Lyn's B (Bow and Arrow).
    In the leaked video, at 2:20, notice how her bow and arrow isn't ridiculously strong as the one in the dev build? I mean the one in the dev build has extremely fast range with high knock back. Not to mention quick execution as well.

Lyn Dash Attack.
    In the leaked video, at 4:45, Lyn demonstrated a different dash attack than the one in the dev build. She doesn't roll, but she still end up facing the other direction. Honestly, though, the one in the leaked video suits her more. Why the hell would she be rolling?

Lyn's jump forward A combo.
    As shown in the leaked video, in 8:50, Lyn's air foward A actually has a combo where she slashes multiple times. The one in the dev build only have her slashes once.

Lyn can wall-jump.
    In the leaked video, Lyn has the ability to wall jump. She doesn't have that ability in the dev build (at least I didn't try yet).

Lyn has smoother animation, effects and voice.
    Compare the animation in the leaked video to the one from the leaked dev build. Lyn attack animation is much more smoother in the leaked video. Furthermore, she also has more voice dialogues in the leak video. In addition, the Lyn in the Dev Build has a lightning effect whenever she hits an opponent (where does the lightning come from?), whereas the one from the video doesn't.

Judging from the leaked video, it seems like Lyn was able to combo quite quickly, where she can branch her A combo to up, down or foward.
    Anyway, after close analyzing the Lyn from the leaked video and the Lyn from the Dev Build, I think the build in the Leaked video is actually more complete than the dev build leaked recently. Yes, I know that the video was released a year ago, and the dev build was leaked only a few days ago, but who's to say that the recent leaked dev build wasn't actually an old and outdated dev build??

Yeah, the whole thing was handled poorly but I guess they were content with being yelled at if it meant people didn't start digging into the real reason they stopped. Didn't work quite so well.

I actually find it deplorable and kinda annoying. I know they're doing it for free, and I respect that. I can also respect that they wanted to hog everything that they've done (Lyn, Knuckle, Isaac, etc). However, I can't respect and I didn't like the fact that 2 of the PDMT members literally flamed one member for leaking the code after PM was disbanded. I mean... your work is as much as that member's work. If he wants to leak it, then there's really nothing stopping him from leaking it. I mean he made the code, so why can't he share it with the community?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I actually find it deplorable and kinda annoying. I know they're doing it for free, and I respect that. I can also respect that they wanted to hog everything that they've done (Lyn, Knuckle, Isaac, etc). However, I can't respect and I didn't like the fact that 2 of the PDMT members literally flamed one member for leaking the code after PM was disbanded. I mean... your work is as much as that member's work. If he wants to leak it, then there's really nothing stopping him from leaking it. I mean he made the code, so why can't he share it with the community?

A couple of things. He did not just just leak the code, but the entire dev build as well. The vast majority of the things that he leaked were not his to release in the first place.

Secondly, regarding the flaming: the leaker dude was known to be kind of a jerk to the rest of the dev team (even while he was a part of the team). While that doesn't justify the flaming, it does give a little bit of background to the heated response.

Finally, the two PMDT members that flamed the leaker were under a ton of stress that day, and later apologized. They're pretty cool dudes normally, but their emotions got the better of them (which, in a situation such as this, is understandable.)

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    A couple of things. He did not just just leak the code, but the entire dev build as well. The vast majority of the things that he leaked were not his to release in the first place.

Secondly, regarding the flaming: the leaker dude was known to be kind of a jerk to the rest of the dev team (even while he was a part of the team). While that doesn't justify the flaming, it does give a little bit of background to the heated response.

Finally, the two PMDT members that flamed the leaker were under a ton of stress that day, and later apologized. They're pretty cool dudes normally, but their emotions got the better of them (which, in a situation such as this, is understandable.)

I'm pretty sure it wasn't him that leaked the build in 4chan. In one of the posts, he claimed that someone already uploaded a build in 4Chan. I don't think he ever claimed that he uploaded the build, and when the PMDT staffs were addressing him leaking stuffs, I'm pretty sure they were only referring to the codes that he created.

I don't know about the leaker, but Soj (one of the PMDT members), is notoriously known for being horrible over the internet in the past. Yeah, they apologized afterwards, but that's was when they got flamed back by everybody else. Furthermore, an apology means nothing considering one of the PDMT staff edited his own post afterwards, but still left all the insults and flaming in.

Stress that they got themselves into. Had they been just straight up honest about the whole situation from the beginning, than the community wouldn't spam them asking for the reasons for the sudden cancelling (they ended up releasing the real reason few days later). Not trying to be mean, but saying a patch (3.6) being complete when it's clearly not, does rub people the wrong way considering how they hyped everyone up with updates for the next beta from months before.

I know I probably sound like an extremely selfish person, but I like the fact that the leaker (whoever he maybe) leaked the build out (even if it is outdated). At least, it gives people the opportunity to play the unreleased characters. I mean if one day I was going to suddenly cancel my hack, I'll release everything I have (complete or not), at least then... People can play it or continue it if they wish to.

Last edited:
    Back