• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
  • I'm pretty sure it wasn't him that leaked the build in 4chan. In one of the posts, he claimed that someone already uploaded a build in 4Chan. I don't think he ever claimed that he uploaded the build, and when the PMDT staffs were addressing him leaking stuffs, I'm pretty sure they were only referring to the codes that he created.
    That's not true. He heavily implied he posted the build, and the PMDT members were addressing him regarding the leaked build in addition to the codeset.

I don't know about the leaker, but Soj (one of the PMDT members), is notoriously known for being horrible over the internet in the past. Yeah, they apologized afterwards, but that's was when they got flamed back by everybody else. Furthermore, an apology means nothing considering one of the PDMT staff edited his own post afterwards, but still left all the insults and flaming in.
    An apology is an apology. Just because someone didn't go edit all their previous posts doesn't mean it wasn't genuine. To expect that is kinda silly, don't you think? :P

Stress that they got themselves into. Had they been just straight up honest about the whole situation from the beginning, than the community wouldn't spam them asking for the reasons for the sudden cancelling (they ended up releasing the real reason few days later). Not trying to be mean, but saying a patch (3.6) being complete when it's clearly not, does rub people the wrong way considering how they hyped everyone up with updates for the next beta from months before.
    The stress was most certainly not their fault. FYI: The PMDT only ever released the statement on their website. Those former members acted on their own.
    The fact that they didn't state more than was on the website is kinda telling that there's more to the situation than you know. If you don't really understand the situation, don't go making these types of assumptions. They are wrong.

I know I probably sound like an extremely selfish person, but I like the fact that the leaker (whoever he maybe) leaked the build out (even if it is outdated). At least, it gives people the opportunity to play the unreleased characters. I mean if one day I was going to suddenly cancel my hack, I'll release everything I have (complete or not), at least then... People can play it or continue it if they wish to.

You're right, that is extremely selfish. If an artist does not wish to release their work, then you should respect that.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    That's not true. He heavily implied he posted the build, and the PMDT members were addressing him regarding the leaked build in addition to the codeset.

An apology is an apology. Just because someone didn't go edit all their previous posts doesn't mean it wasn't genuine. To expect that is kinda silly, don't you think? :P

The stress was most certainly not their fault. FYI: The PMDT only ever released the statement on their website. Those former members acted on their own.
    The fact that they didn't state more than was on the website is kinda telling that there's more to the situation than you know. If you don't really understand the situation, don't go making these types of assumptions. They are wrong.

You're right, that is extremely selfish. If an artist does not wish to release their work, then you should respect that.

a) He didn't imply that he leaked the build.
    b) Of course the apology isn't genuine. If I flamed someone, and then offered an apology, then edit my previous post but leave all the nasty and catty insults behind, I hardly call that "genuine".
    c) Lol, the members literally listed the reasons on their PM facebook page and PM reddit.
    d) Well you've literally just ignored most of the statement, but okay.

Okay, I'm gonna stop here now because I can tell you're getting mad, and beginning to bring in personal attacks into your posts. I rather not have things escalate into a flame war. There are many ways to express your point, attacking the person you're replying to isn't one of them.

Last edited:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • a) He didn't imply that he leaked the build.
    b) Of course the apology isn't genuine. If I flamed someone, and then offered an apology, then edit my previous post but leave all the nasty and catty insults behind, I hardly call that "genuine".
    c) Lol, the members literally listed the reasons on their PM facebook page and PM reddit.
    d) Well you've literally just ignored most of the statement, but okay.

Okay, I'm gonna stop here now because I can tell you're getting mad, and beginning to bring in personal attacks into your posts. I rather not have things escalate into a flame war. There are many ways to express your point, attacking the person you're replying to isn't one of them.

I don't see where you thought any of this was a personal attack. Sure, I may not have sugar coated the response (it's not the first time I've had to explain this to someone), but there was nothing I posted that really was ad homenim at all. Sorry if it came off that way.

a) He most certainly implied that he leaked the build (the original reddit comment is edited, so here's a screenshot). It's pretty much common knowledge that was the case. Also, the codeset he leaked was just as old as the dev build that he leaked as well (both were outdated since September or so, this was confirmed by a PMDT member too).

b) The apology was made after the posts were edited. Make of that what you will. Both members were pretty well aware that they had crossed a line. It was a stressful couple of weeks for those guys, so please give them the benefit of the doubt.

c) You seemed to have ignored what I wrote here X_X There is nothing more than the official statement on the Facebook page. Those members acted on their own. It's pretty easy to tell that there was a reason for the PMDT (as a whole) not to elaborate beyond official statement.

d) I didn't really ignore the post at all. I'm saying that the artist's original artist's wishes trump your (or anyone else's) desire to use and continue to mod their content. If the original creator of a mod asks you to stop, then you should respect that. KC-MM (the last remaining brawl modding community) is disallowing submissions of the leaked content for that very reason.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Nintendo has become somewhat more aggressive in terms of taking down content created by hacking communities, so it's not that surprising that the devs decide to stop developing Project M, before worse comes to worse.

Years
  • So... on a new note, Nintendo of America just announced on their Twitter that the final presentation for Smash 3DS/Wii U will be on December 15th, with info from Masahiro Sakurai himself.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Oooh this is the first time I'm hearing about this, but I'll be really excited to see that. I'm looking forward to seeing what they're going to present about Cloud :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • ARE YOU KIDDING ME! 2 PM is 2 hours before my finals for my history of math class, now I'm sure to flunk that test because of the broadcast, but if I skip the broadcast in favor of studying, then I'll miss any surprises from the broadcast, including another character reveal after Cloud.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Bayonetta won the ballot. I am not a fan of M rated games in general.

However, I totally did not expect Corrin to get it in. I imangined it before, but didn't think it'll actually happen. Not that its a bad thing, since I am totally hyped for him/her (though I missed the details about them, I am going to have to re watch it later). So getting him with Roy and Cloud.

Years
  • I don't know what's up with all the salt on most of the internet, but I personally am very satisfied with the addition of both Corrin and Bayonetta. This is yet another thing in gaming I am looking forward to in 2016!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Whoops casual FE Fates spoilers there. :V Oh well. In hindsight, I saw a recent interview with Sakurai about FE characters in Smash, so maybe not too surprising there.

Wouldn't mind seeing the top 5 or 10 of the ballot. Bayonetta winning out (and being a viable choice) seems reasonable enough to me, not surprised there.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • The salt was unavoidable, really. No matter who was picked, there would be so much salt.

Corrin, in particular...it just seems like there's this instant idea that he was chosen over other characters, and people are upset over that. Which is odd, considering that Sakurai said no such thing, and really, the fact that we got two characters tonight was a surprise in itself. As far as we know, he's just an option. Options are nice. Likely, he was added because of the popularity of If in Japan or because they wanted to promote Fates in the West. Or both. Considering this mutual relationship that Smash has with FE, I wouldn't be particularly surprised either way, and I don't think his inclusion is made better or worse for it.

Sodium Nitrate aside, Corrin seems fun (as does Cloud), and a friend of mine's been hyped for Bayonetta for about a year now. I, personally, haven't bought any DLC characters yet, and I'm still not sure if I will. For me, though, this Direct really was about the hype, as well as a possible sendoff to Sakurai. That's guy's worked too damn hard and it's unknown if he'll work on another Smash game (with good reason). The Smash 64 credits playing at the end got me because of that, because it really felt like it was the end of...something. Who knows where we- or Smash, rather, will go from here?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    WAT

WAT

Corrin (I guess that really was the official English name) and Bayonetta? Was really not expecting that that. Or at least I wasn't expecting Bayonetta in get in. iirc she did have a fair bit of support but I thought for sure that other characters had more votes than her and that her coming from an M rated game might be a slight problem.

Not really interested in playing her though. But I am interested in playing Corrin. I wish that they were available tomorrow instead of February tho :c

......and Rosalina, you may or may not be be replaced as a main then

And yeah, I agree with machomuu that salt was bound to happen; it's the internet, anytime anything at all happens, salt is generated. Usually in massive quantities.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    WAT

WAT

Corrin (I guess that really was the official English name) and Bayonetta? Was really not expecting that that. Or at least I wasn't expecting Bayonetta in get in. iirc she did have a fair bit of support but I thought for sure that other characters had more votes than her and that her coming from an M rated game might be a slight problem.

Not really interested in playing her though. But I am interested in playing Corrin. I wish that they were available tomorrow instead of February tho :c

......and Rosalina, you may or may not be be replaced as a main then

And yeah, I agree with machomuu that salt was bound to happen; it's the internet, anytime anything at all happens, salt is generated. Usually in massive quantities.

Definetly agree, but it is still annoying when everyone throws a giant tantrum over something like a game. I mean, I personally hate bayonetta over all other characters, but do I throw a tantrum over it? No, I got a lot of other characters here I like, and that is fine, and besides, other people do like her, otherwise she most likely wouldn't be here. I just won't download her. It is not like my life is over.

Sorry if I sounded more negative then intended.

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
  • A lot of people really are salty about this, doesn't surprise me really. I'm actually excited to play as Bayonetta, I was actually surprised that she would be included. I don't really care for Corrin and I can kind of see why people would be upset with having so many Fire Emblem characters, but I can at least respect that he's in there. I'm not going to belittle others for liking him or Bayonetta, I've seen multiple people calling this fan service, but wasn't that the point of the ballot? It was unavoidable, it's smash, it doesn't really surprise me with the amount of salt right now.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I have to admit though, I am a little surprised that they'd give us another Fire Emblem character. I figured that they wouldn't do any more Fire Emblem stuff after Roy, that they would've felt that they gave the series enough love in Smash by going from 2 reps in Brawl to 4 in Smash 4, and then adding another one via DLC. Now we have six Fire Emblem reps, which ties it with Pokemon and is only beaten out by the Mario franchise.

Back