• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sustaining the hype

pkmin3033

For those of you who are excited for USUM, with a little over five months to go until the games are released, and with the probability of trailers and information being released slowly on a monthly basis, how are you going to sustain your excitement for these games? How excited are you for them, when compared to Sun and Moon? Do you think you'll be just as excited to play them come release, more so due to the additional information, or less?

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • By avoiding spoilers personally.

Think I ruined my experience of SM by spoiling myself but hey, when I live in Europe I though f*** it can't wait.

I'll be busy playing through Moon and come September, be on Pokken. Ultra Sun wasn't the only thing on Direct!

Years
  • I'm probably on excitement levels not seen since 5th Gen, since that's what I'm now being reminded of. I was notably excited for S/M, but not the same level of excitement as I was for B2/W2, which I am definitely feeling with the level of hype.

I'll be overly excited here, especially if they do so much that's superior to S/M in every way I thought.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
    Years
  • I've said this multiple times already, but I'll say it again that I'm more hyped about these games than I was for the originals.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I can't avoid spoilers and will not exert effort in doing so.

I'll be continuing to play through my monotypes lol.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'll keep the hype up by watching all of the Pokemon sites like a hawk. Gotta know everything about USM as soon as possible: news, speculations, rumors, leaks, the works.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'll try approach it as I did with Sun & Moon which made it really enjoyable. I did try my best towards the last couple of months to avoid any major spoilers, but that was quite difficult being on a Pok?mon Forum and how widespread the spoilers became at that time. I'm still going to watch all the trailers, check out the CoroCoro scans and post around PC.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I think by steadily doing the post-game of S/M (oops) I'll be able to sustain hype as I sort of explore the plot and story possibilities for what USUM could explore. That and just chilling around the section and talking about ideas can generally keep me hyped - it's been more than 10 years since my first Pokemon pre-release period spent online so I think I'll be fine haha

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • By avoiding spoilers personally.

Think I ruined my experience of SM by spoiling myself but hey, when I live in Europe I though f*** it can't wait.

I'll be busy playing through Moon and come September, be on Pokken. Ultra Sun wasn't the only thing on Direct!

This pretty much. Everytime I heard about a trailer on youtube I couldnt resist watching spoilers and then a whole list of the new pokemon was released before it came out and I couldnt resist spoilers there either.

This time I want to avoid all that too.

Years
  • Talking to people about it is the best way to keep hype going for me, personally. I've accepted long ago that being on the internet period is going to leave me susceptible to spoilers, so I don't even bother avoiding them.

That is me too. I never cared for spoilers, since I always love juicy gossip, but as we learn the internet is unavoidable these days when it comes to spoilers. Talking about it is why forums like PC exist.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I think I have the same hype as I did last year, if not either a little less or a little more.

To me, the reveal of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon feel like a second chance, to be different before the next Alola game.

For example, this time I am Saved (which means I am Christian who believes on The LORD Jesus Christ), and I feel much better being Saved (I'm not preaching to anyone).

To sustain the hype? I have plans on purchasing (and hopefully finishing) three or four games between now and November 17 (Dragon Quest V, Dragon Quest VI, Dragon Quest VIII and the newly announced Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions). Here's hoping it all goes well.

I won't go on hunts to see any datamined stuff and listen to the soundtrack before release. That sorta killed the hype last year, especially since it was shoved down our throats, by the disrespectful rats that leaked everything when the demo version was released (I hope there isn't one for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I don't care what anyone says).

Years
  • I'll do what I do every year, stick around PC discussing the games, replaying different Pokemon games and eagerly awaiting and watching the newest announcements on USM :3

Years
  • I won't go on hunts to see any datamined stuff and listen to the soundtrack before release. That sorta killed the hype last year, especially since it was shoved down our throats, by the disrespectful rats that leaked everything when the demo version was released (I hope there isn't one for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I don't care what anyone says).

I did often look at datamine leaks when they were dropping, but I often avoided the OST until after the games came out. I can see why people don't like seeing leaks everywhere, considering this is the internet and everything is unavoidable.

Years
  • Being completely honest, I'm not particularly ~hyped~ for these games yet. Usually what really turns me on to a new game in this franchise are the new Pokemon, and that while that in some fashion includes formes/megas, it's mainly aimed towards completely new designs. It's highly unlikely we'll get any with this title, so my excitement is currently lukewarm. I definitely plan to closely watch for any news of features or other revealed info about the game that'll ignite the flame in me, but for now I'm chillin.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I was pretty excited for Sun and Moon when they announced. I tried my hardest to keep myself away from spoilers for the most part. Working on the Daily team and avoiding spoilers is going to be a bit tough this time around. I'll probably get overly excited as more information is released and as we near the release date!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I was excited for SuMo, but I ended up being a little bit disappointed? Well... not really disappointed, but it is not a game I want to replay again and again. So am I excited for UsUm? Not really...But I'll still wit for the news and stuff, maybe I can be surprised.

pkmin3033

I was excited for SuMo, but I ended up being a little bit disappointed? Well... not really disappointed, but it is not a game I want to replay again and again. So am I excited for UsUm? Not really...But I'll still wit for the news and stuff, maybe I can be surprised.
    ^ Pretty much this

I've found that the best way to enjoy a game - especially one subject to hype - is to just not have any expectations whatsoever. You will inevitably be let down. No game has ever managed to actually live up to its hype (at least for me) and every single time I have been hyped for a new game, I've been disappointed. Nothing is good enough, and the probability of USUM being the exception to that is astronomically slim.

So yeah. Taking a "wait and see" approach, and casually keeping track of the news as it comes, is generally how I avoid becoming sick and tired of games whilst I wait for their release as well. November will get here when it gets here.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Well maintaining the hype really depends on the Pok?mon Company/Nintendo's advertising the game.

As long as they keep putting out USUM reveal & update trailers the hype will be maintained. Otherwise there's really nothing to hype about than it being the second Gen 7 game & the legendary fusion.

Back