• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sweet or sugary food

Years
  • Inspired by the salty thread, and therefore I pose a similar question.

Do you like sweets?
    Do you have a threshold for what is too sweet?
    What sort of flavors do you like the most?

Now me, things can get too sweet, like those frosted cookies you get in walmart, as well as the cupcakes. Similar to those, I can't take pound cake either.

I'm more of a muffin or cinnamon roll person. I get a muffin and iced capp from Tim's when I get up.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I love fruity or sour candy, pie and ice cream!

But I can't eat cake! After working as a cake decorator for a couple of years, the smell of frosting and cake makes me sick :(

Years
  • i have a reaally high threshold for sweetness. works against my advantage since it means i can easily down a bunch of junk food without worry, so practice restraint and self-control is key.

Years
  • I eat a lot of different kinds of fruit for sweets. Other things that have sugar/sweetness in them I gave up eating them for my health.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I eat a lot of different kinds of fruit for sweets. Other things that have sugar/sweetness in them I gave up eating them for my health.

+1.

Somehow my wish for a better health changed my taste, and I no longer crave the stuff that I used to love for their sweetness (I feel they "burn" my mouth with sugar now).
    But in winter, I usually over-eat marrons glacés (chestnuts boiled in sugar for several days).

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2024
    For sweet foods, I like eating fruit like peaches, apples, bananas, pears, oranges, and other fruits. For sugary foods, I sometimes like eating donuts, cinnamon rolls, cake, and Fudge Round.

Years
    • Seen today
    I love sugary foods so much that it's easy to indulge too much. Like if there's a party with a box of cupcakes laying out, it can be hard to resist going back for 7 of them.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Enjoys sweet things a lot. Favors baked goods and candy over fruit, in general. Always liked a chewy brownie, peanut butter M&M's, and Reese's Pieces. Preferred white chocolate over milk and dark, despite those choices. (Suffers from dietary restrictions now, however. Complicates a lot of baked goods, candy, and fruit. Leans towards chocolate baked goods and blue-flavored items now.)

Hit the threshold for too sweet a few times. Happens rarely, however. Remembers one soft drink in particular. Must have dispensed too much syrup or something. Tasted amazing for the first third. Became overwhelming. Could not finish it.

Never cared for dark chocolate. Avoided sweets with coconut and (whole) nuts, for some reason. (Clashed with softer textures in the latter's case, probably.) Passed on most sour and citrus-flavored candy also.

Years
  • Normally I would say yuck to the sweets because of my tooth sensitivity, but there's this vanilla cinnamon roll at Panerna Bread I just couldn't say no to recently....until I realized it was giving me a sugar rush, which would quickly turned into a sugar crash, fatigue and all. Now I HAVE to stay away from all sweets due to this realization.

Weirdly enough, that roll never gave me tooth problems. Strange.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • I have a bit of an ice cream "addiction". I ALWAYS have a gallon or two in my freezer and eat a bowl or two every day. Mint Chocolate chip being the best. But other than that I'm not too big on sweets, though I like the occasional brownie or cookie now and then. I don't typically think about fruit when talking about sweets but since it technically counts, I do love fruit and juice. Juice is another thing I almost always keep stocked.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I definitely have a sweet tooth but i can only take so much. In my mind, sweetness is best when combined with something rich, spicy, and umami. Won't stop me from busting into some fresh baked cookies or making sure to grab some fresh fruit from the market tho lol. I think my biggest weakness is fruits high in sugars and any baked goods. The occasional ice cream as well but that's more of a fancy treat.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't eat a ton of sweets. I might eat a dessert once every dozen or so times I go out to eat, but that's usually it. I'm always down for some fresh baklava. I keep ice cream in the freezer, but it lasts a few months and it's moreso for use in drinks than for eating.

I also like macarons, but they're expensive and a couple of them go a long way. I really like the lemon lavender and earl grey tea flavors that the shop nearby sells.

Years
  • I looove sweets. I tend not to eat more than 20-25g of sugar a day unless I'm at a restaurant considering ordering dessert, in that case I obviously can't check the sugar levels and hardly ever eat sweets when out anyway lol. My favorites are mochi, dark chocolate (at least 80-85%, ideally), peanut butter ice cream, rusks, and pocky. <3

Curious to try more macarons, hardly ever have tbh. jelly of those who can eat them more regularly

Years
  • I have a lower sweet tolerance the most. I am a woman who takes her tea dry, without sugar or honey, and eats her bread plain or with a butter substitute or a dash of olive oil, I don't like jelly or jams on toast. I am alright with naturally sweet food like fresh fruit, but don't generally like things with a lot of added sugar or sweeteners. Most soda and punches, and colorful candies or baked goods with frostings on them would be sickeningly sweet to me, and would only eat something like this it was an emergency ration while stranded on a deserted island.

I do eat desserts, but only if it's mildly sweet or the flavor has a complex structure like chocolate, where it usually has some sugar added to it, but it still has a dark and mature flavor overall, and may even have a bitter undertone. I like ginger molasses cookies and peppermint candies that have a little spice in them. The kinds of ice creams I enjoy are flavors like coffee or pistachio, that are more nutty and earthy than sugary.

Back