• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE AVATARS!

Kyoe

working on it
Years
  • It's funny that so many people are saying that avatars are like faces to the names. My previous avatar was kinda like a female version of me, hah.

Anyway, I don't judge people too much on their avatar/signature/profile. You can tell things about people of course from the pictures, colors, videos, and other things they use. But not so much to form a deep opinion of them.

Like others have said before me, it's just a face to a name. Unless you're seen how they actually look. (But sometimes I still picture the avatar, haha...)

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I think the avatar and the dignature can say something about the person but not everything. For myself, you probably know that I really like Jolteon, but it is not my favorite pokemon, and I do like Snivy but it is not really my favorite starter too (I have to admit I cannot choose a favorite starter..). It can give an idea of the pokemon I like, but you don't know who's my favorite pokemon (Froslass and Marowak. Now you know.).

But I do think it is like "a face" for the username. I personally recognize the people here by their Avatar before I take a look at the username.

Sometime I want to change my avatar or my signature but I don't do it because it is my "face" here. I don't know why, but I feel like I "can't" do it, even if I know that I actually can and no one would even care or realize! XD

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I judge people based on anything (pretty dicky, I know) and avatars are not an exception. I'm just about that lyf. I'll choose an avatar that looks pretty :)

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I tend to choose avatars that are an extension of myself; that is to say, sexy, vivacious, beautiful, godly, so forth. If people look at my avatar and see those attributes in me, I'm hardly going to tell them otherwise :)

Years
  • Avatars can be changed at any time, so I don't think it's fair to judge people based on them. However, most usually stick to a general trend when it comes to avatars; some like artsy, black and white type photos, others like bright, colorful representations of their favorite shows or characters, and these trends can give me an idea of the user's personality and interests.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I view avatars as an impression of what they currently look like in the internet community, because obviously that's not how they look in reality. Avatars do provide me one of their interests.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • It depends on the person's avatar. If it's anime character or something like that, I usually end up associating that person with the character or whatever. If they change their avatar to something else, I usually feel like I don't know the person anymore, even if I've been friends with them for a long time. HOWEVER, it depends on what the avatar is. I used to do it all the time when I didn't know any better too.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    For me an avatar is important, because it reflects the personality of the respective user (in my opinion). It's one of the reasons why I tend to be picky with my own ones; if I can't find something that fits I end up using the same avatar for a long time.

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • Not so much judge, but I definitely use avatars as a method to remembering people and such. My memory is a bit pants, so it's quite useful for me!
    It also shares some kind of interest that allows us to engage with them too.

Years
  • In a way, yeah. If someone has used a specific avatar (or had the same character in their avatar) for a while I'd start to see them as that avatar or character regardless of whether or not I've seen their picture before lol. That habit hasn't really been sticking with me as much anymore but in the end it is hard to see someone as anything but their avatar or username, more so if I've never seen what they look like. I associate people with their username more than their avatar in most cases.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Avatars are something I think about a lot, actually. It's kind of embarrassing but I've spent an entire day before wondering what icon to use. How I present myself online is really important. I usually use cute anime girls. As for other people's icons, its depends. I guess if they have a cute icon, I'm more likely to talk to them.

Back