• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the best thing about being a woman..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love it when my supervisor yells at me in front of students over a minor mistake when I was just volunteering to help her for her shift at the front counter since it was busy and she was alone

so I just left and sat until closing. Humiliating someone in front of others is by no means an appropriate form of discipline, especially when I'm still in my first year probation and there are literally 2995393396 things to remember at once. and I dare say I'm more caring and willing to help than 90% of the others in this office.

hi guys though!!

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I really love it when my supervisor yells at me in front of students over a minor mistake when I was just volunteering to help her for her shift at the front counter since it was busy and she was alone

so I just left and sat until closing. Humiliating someone in front of others is by no means an appropriate form of discipline, especially when I'm still in my first year probation and there are literally 2995393396 things to remember at once. and I dare say I'm more caring and willing to help than 90% of the others in this office.

hi guys though!!

Hope you dont mind me asking, but probation?

I used to have a boss put me in a similar situation every now and then. She would go ballistic sometimes if something wasn't done right, all right in front of my kids.

Thank god I left.

Hope you dont mind me asking, but probation?

I used to have a boss put me in a similar situation every now and then. She would go ballistic sometimes if something wasn't done right, all right in front of my kids.

Thank god I left.

yeah it's a city job and we're put on a year of probation, at the end of the year we're told if we'll stay officially or not. it's a union job so once you're in, it's near impossible to fire you. my boss generally likes me a lot so i'm sure I'll be fine, but when the supervisor snaps for the stupidest things (not sure if she even realizes how disrespectful she's being, yet the boss still likes her a lot) it makes me wonder how it affects his view of me, since i'm sure he can hear her lol. if it weren't for the health insurance and benefits i'd be out by now, and i've only been here since January.

glad you got out though! no one deserves to take that garbage =( if they're doing their best and working to improve their mistakes. we're not performing surgery or anything.. sorry i forgot to tell the student she needed to get some signatures. psh i swear man

Years

hi guys though!!

zoinks
    She should be thankful you volunteered to help

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Hey so I might have a kidney stone. Would be my third. Fun times ahead.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The good news is...

A.) I have a high tolerance for pain.
    B.) This feels more like the first one I had, where the pain wasn't that bad, and was more of a bother than anything else.

Of course, I don't know if I have one in the first place, ha. Getting an ultrasound next Thursday to see.

string555

Banned
    Years
    Damn, your third one? :O
    How do those things form, anyhow?

I already had a 3-day weekend going because of labor day, but I decided to use one of my paid vacation days for tomorrow, to make it a four-day weekend. :P

The downside: I'm flat broke. :/
    The upside: I got a bunch of cans and bottles to take in. :D

Anyone else have plans for labor day weekend?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    yeah it's a city job and we're put on a year of probation, at the end of the year we're told if we'll stay officially or not. it's a union job so once you're in, it's near impossible to fire you. my boss generally likes me a lot so i'm sure I'll be fine, but when the supervisor snaps for the stupidest things (not sure if she even realizes how disrespectful she's being, yet the boss still likes her a lot) it makes me wonder how it affects his view of me, since i'm sure he can hear her lol. if it weren't for the health insurance and benefits i'd be out by now, and i've only been here since January.

glad you got out though! no one deserves to take that garbage =( if they're doing their best and working to improve their mistakes. we're not performing surgery or anything.. sorry i forgot to tell the student she needed to get some signatures. psh i swear man

Ohhhhhhhh, I forgot probation existed in that context. My mind immediately went to like criminal probation, and I was like wut. Hopefully they keep you!

Although I'd enjoy the pay myself, I'd rather have off on Labor Day and not go out.

Call me ignorant but why exactly do we not wear white after Labor Day?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Call me ignorant but why exactly do we not wear white after Labor Day?

I looked this up before. It was something to do with fancy dressed people didn't want to wear it anymore after Labor Daybor.

But if you really think about it... isn't every day after Labor Day? :thonk:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Labor Day, the day made just for Americans so they wouldn't celebrate May Day like the rest of the world.

hi i'm the rest of the world

what is may day

(i genuinely have no idea what this is)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back