• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do you do?

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
what do you do with your time/for a living?

i am a Student currently. planning to major in media studies / communications!

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
Right now I'm a housewife. Raising a 9 month old and will soon raise a second one. However, hopefully by the end of 2019, beginning of 2020, I would have acquired a job of some sort.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I work in TV/Film. Up until a year ago I was filming and editing. Now I am on the more business side doing billing for networks and checking contracts etc.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm basically an alchemist.

(phd student, making magic with metals and plastics and electrons)

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
I'm a student at the moment studying political science and spanish. I hope in the future to get a masters in either international studies or graphic design. On the side though I do work in the IT field and on political campaigns since both jobs pay decently.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I work at a place called Round 1. Basically a Japanese version of Dave & Busters.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I do a lot of writing most of the time. I'm on SSI because of multiple disabilities, which prevent me from working. So, I make the best of it by trying to improve my writing and basically just doing so when the chance comes. There could also be days where I can't write at all because my anxiety can and will get the best of me. It may not seem like a major struggle, but it really is in a way.

Years
I handle complex medical claim projects for a Health Insurance company. I've actually been with this company about 5.5 years, and I really enjoy it. This was my first promotion (was initially on the phones all day like a call center), and I'm actually waiting to hear back re: an additional promotion I applied for at the beginning of January.

Years
  • Age 31
  • they/them
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
retail/fast food hell serving people coffee and donuts. been here for 4.5 years for who knows why and well ... it is fun sometimes!! when i'm not having issues with staffing or customers or y'know. any of that less than fun stuff.

Years
administrative side in a uni, focusing primarily on education verification for employers, housing complexes, insurance companies, etc
it's a city job so i get good benefits and decent health insurance, but sometimes dealing with students on top of some supervisors can be so incredibly exhausting. am hoping to try for a gfx design/digital art-related position in the future!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Any
  • Space
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
im an r&d engineer that sounds fancy but imo it's just put out some code and see if it works like expected if it doesn't do something else to achieve that result and just recently also a part time scrum master for the team

pays well and the companys great too

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
This sounds really interesting.

I don't know if it'd be interesting for everyone but for me it is! You get to learn a lot about how polling works and how politicians choose what issues to run on, etc. The only major downside is doorknocking (the most common method of polling) can be very dangerous. I've had guns pulled on me more than once just because they didn't want to talk about politics.

Years
I am my own stunt double. The pay sucks, though, and the boss is fucking trippy.

Other than that, I irritate people professionally and magic mushroom it up. You can hire me for parties but violent hallucinations come extra.

Years
  • Age 22
  • she/her
  • Seen May 23, 2023
In high school atm, graduating this year! Planning to go to uni and study international relations, alongside economics or law but haven't decided on the latter.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i track freight lmao. i get to talk to truckers and dispatchers all day.

Back