• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what was your last loss in a video game?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I think it was Gattuso from Tales of Vesperia

because of course it was

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • The Handsome Sorcerer from Borderlands 2. Given the Borderlands 3 Reveal, i was more than happy to be playing some good ole BL2 just to get things started.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Kushala Daora

today was another loss against the tempered version in MHW, and I also gave fighting it a try for the first time in MHST and lost there too

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • Percy's Paralogue in FE Fates: Revelation while on c19 of the main campaign. If a unit dies, I reset the game no one dies here :) Didn't realize the wyvern riders will move the instant they can reach you in 2 moves so ended up with my sorta underleveled Selena dodgetanking 2 paladins, 3 wyverns + Percy who can all 2HKO her at worst, only for her to fall to the last enemy on the map w/ a 19% hit rate :////////////////////////////////////

Years
  • I died during a quest in Final Fantasy XIV because I wasn't paying attention and suddenly got surrounded by about 10 enemies. Won't make that mistake again!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yesterday in Octopath, against a sidequest optional boss. A direwolf who was very rude indeed - harder hitting than any other boss I encountered, especially alongside the minions it summoned... Beat it today though after changing up my party/approach and bothering with learning some new support skills via all the job points I have too.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My most recent (and very, very, very repeated) loss is in Son of a Witch on the Switch. Amazing roguelike game but it's darn hard! I've been trying relentlessly to reach the final boss in the story mode but I can't for the life of me manage - half of the time it's just getting caught out stupidly but probably more often than not I'm getting too greedy and trying to tackle things that I shouldn't yet. Incredibly fun but frustrating! I will beat it soon, mark my words.

... the worst part is that 80% of the content in the game seems to unlock after you first beat the story mode so god knows I must be doing something very wrong to struggle at doing that lol.

Yesterday in Octopath, against a sidequest optional boss. A direwolf who was very rude indeed - harder hitting than any other boss I encountered, especially alongside the minions it summoned... Beat it today though after changing up my party/approach and bothering with learning some new support skills via all the job points I have too.
    Was this the scared sheep one?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I can't recall the last loss I've had but most losses occur in RTS games because I'm bad lol. Like so bad even the AI can beat me at times. Pretty sure last loss I got was in Starcraft. Empire at War, which I've been playing lately, I've been able to master or nail down a strategy that is just unbeatable(or the AI is that incompetent and allows it to happen).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • chernabog beat my ass in dream drop distance. i came back and baaaarely beat him like. i had a sliver of HP to spare lmfao...

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Remembering the last boss I beat is easier, though. Well, last game I played was Xenogears and I also remember getting a couple game overs in the process. Most bosses where quite managable, but I remember getting screwed over by Ramsus a couple times. So it may be one of the many fights that involved him in one way or another.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • I just lost agaisnt Jevil in Deltarune.
    He's literally the last thing for me to do, and I just... I just can't!!

GO TO SLEE£P JEVIL!!!

Back