• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"You know what really grinds my gears?"

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • One of my pet peeves is people who try to pass off opinions as facts. You have an opinion, well, awesome. But, please don't try to say your opinion is fact, or try to shove it down the throats of people who don't agree with you.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • One of my pet peeves is people who try to pass off opinions as facts. You have an opinion, well, awesome. But, please don't try to say your opinion is fact, or try to shove it down the throats of people who don't agree with you.

I second that, hard.

It's what I really don't like about some youtubers (Cough cough Jelloapocalypse, cough cough TWIP, cough cough Distantkingdom)

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • It took me a good ten minutes to think of something that would bother me and I have finally decided that I dislike unnecessary contact (hugs respectively) and especially when someone who has poor hygiene attempts this feat.

Afi

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2020
    Hypocrites. People who say one thing and expect people to follow it but then do another.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    anyone who says they dont have a filter cause that's a shitty excuse for being a shitty and unlikeable person

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    anyone who says they dont have a filter cause that's a shitty excuse for being a shitty and unlikeable person

!!!!!
    i loathe when 'just being honest' only exists as an excuse for Radical Assholery
    you know what's really honest? Radical Empathy

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    People who get offended on behalf of other people or who search out things that offend them so they can then complain. For example, spending hours on someone's Facebook page finding and reporting posts that are years old because you didn't like their risqué joke.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • People who get offended on behalf of other people or who search out things that offend them so they can then complain. For example, spending hours on someone's Facebook page finding and reporting posts that are years old because you didn't like their risqué joke.

god, I hate when people do this, more specifically the part about people going out and looking for people's old posts to get offended.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • The whole notion of:
    "I don't like it, so you can't like it, and have to chastise people who like it" and " I like it, so you have to like it, and chastise people who don't like it"

I mean, come on.
    Oh, you liked something other people didn't? Or you didn't like something other people do?
    Congratulations, you and they have an opinion. You're entitled to it, we all are. That's what makes us human, we can use our brains to make decisions on what we like and don't like.

But when you act like your opinion is the be-all-end-all and should be taken as the word of god. That's what pisses me off.

Those people who say, "I'm so smart and correct, look at my impeccable opinion" and then try to pass off something subjective as something objective.

You know what they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure". So just stop acting like you're the smartest person on earth, your opinion is about as important as everyone else's.

Also, going hand in hand with this, people who just follow other people blindly, and adopt that person's opinions instead of forming their own.

I see this with a lot of reviewers' and commentary channels fan bases. But, I dare call them fan bases. They're more cults of personality. They just worship these people and act like everything they say is like the word of god, and they act like must spread it like it's some holy text. While simultaneously punishing those who disagree like they're sinners.

They'll adopt any opinion they hear because these people and act like they're superior to everyone else, and that makes people think they're superior. But in reality, they're just brainwashing these people because they know they'll listen to whatever they say, and adopt their opinions.

Last edited:

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • Orange juice

When I was a kid, orange juice was good for you, it had all the good stuff like vitamin C and calcium, and was good when you had a cold.

Now, people tell you its worse than soda.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    The word "hugely." Please just use largely. It sounds so much better.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I can't stand chapped, dry lips. If someone's talking to me with extremely chapped lips, that's all I look at and it just drives me crazy. The worst is when people have huge skin flakes on their lips. I used to have a friend who had the worst chapped lips and I ended up giving her a lip scrub for Christmas one year so she'd get the hint.

Invest in lip balm, people.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Someone asking to borrow something WHILE they use it.

I.e Can I borrow your hair conditioner? *pours product liberally over scalp before I can respond*

This is exactly what growing up with a sister is like!

"Hey Lina can I borrow your jeans?"

My sister asks me as she already is wearing them.

Or, "Lina, can I borrow your straightener?"

As she's already straightening her hair with it.

Years
  • Had one happen today that pisses me off. Last week we had about 4 inches of snow and it all melted, high 30's and rainy this week. Today I took my dogs out and there was dog shit EVERYWHERE. Like, you live in North Idaho and can't stick your hand in some snow to grab your dogs shit? I only stop wearing shorts if it hits the teens (I hate wearing pants), it's cold up here, deal with it. Drives me INSANE. I hate shit that gives dog owners a bad name and not picking up after your dog GRINDS MY GOD DAMNED GEARS.

Years
  • Had one happen today that pisses me off. Last week we had about 4 inches of snow and it all melted, high 30's and rainy this week. Today I took my dogs out and there was dog shit EVERYWHERE. Like, you live in North Idaho and can't stick your hand in some snow to grab your dogs shit? I only stop wearing shorts if it hits the teens (I hate wearing pants), it's cold up here, deal with it. Drives me INSANE. I hate shit that gives dog owners a bad name and not picking up after your dog GRINDS MY GOD DAMNED GEARS.

That's why no apartment buildings here allow dogs, no one picks up after them.
    It's so sad too because many people have to give up their dogs to have a home.

Back