• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You should come over so I can show you my collection of antique tea spoons

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    What are some things that you collect? How big is your collection? If you had more money or a place to put it what is something you could see yourself getting into collecting?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    yeah I collect yugioh cards, I'd say my collection is pretty decent, probably about $1000 plus like thousands of worthless cards. it's a huge money obligation (which is why I don't recommend it to anybody), especially when they just sit in binders, which is why I'm moving more towards playing the actual game as opposed to just collecting.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I used to collect Littlest Pet Shop figures when I was litte. I stopped at 120. Probably worth $600 since most would sell at $5/each. Also, I believe my The Sims 2 collection is $120. Ah, fuck it - I'm so selling them when I move out.

Anyway, I'd collect gaming-related stuff.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'd love to collect every licensed Pokemon video game ever released. At the moment, I'm just aiming for the main series games. I already own Gold, Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, Platinum, HeartGold, White, White 2, X, Y, and Alpha Sapphire.

As for the other Pokemon games, I own Colosseum and Battle Revolution.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I was a trading card kid especially with the Pokemon and YuGiOh.
    I had more than 500+ cards for each... that was until my cousin stole all of them and my card folders and refused to give them back :/
    I don't know how much worth they were, but I have collected anything since.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Oh, gosh. I've wasted wayyy too much money on Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and Beyblades... especially the latter. I'm somewhat competitive at both, which is why I even bother to collect them in the first place. However, getting myself into the Beyblade metagame was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made in my life, but I love my collection too much to sell it off. (Heck, I bet it'd be worth at least a thousand bucks by this point.)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I collect Pokémon stuff--specifically: Cherrim, Cherubi, Nosepass, Probopass, Pichu, and to a lesser extent, Whimsicott, Vanillite, and some miscellaneous stuff like zukan figures.

I'm lucky to live with nerdy roommates who don't mind my stuff all over the place, so I have a display case on the main floor with all my Pokémon & anime/game figurines in it and a large bookshelf whose top is covered in Pokédolls and Pokémon kids (and filled almost entirely with video games, lmao). Then my bedroom has a tall bookshelf that has one shelf of books, one shelf of miscellaneous stuff, and the rest of it is filled with more Pokémon plushies.

I love my collection and looking at it makes me really happy but I had to stop collecting because it gets surprisingly expensive and I haven't had an actual job in a long time. :( I liked too many Pokémon when Gen V came out and I knew I wouldn't be able to afford a proper collection of all my faves so I disconnected myself from the Pokémon collecting community to get rid of the temptation to collect and haven't really gone back since. But if the Cherrim or Nose line ever get more merchandise, I'll definitely be first in line.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I collect video games. I don't have a specific goal honestly. I just kind of gather up what I really like or things for my favorite systems. I mainly focus on N64, PS2, and GCN as far as older platforms go. I want to get myself a Dreamcast in the near future as well. And I also collect Pokemon cards kind of on and off. It just depends on how I feel about the current sets. I prefer older sets though, especially Neo and I'm starting to have more appreciation for older ex cards and the e-Series sets.

If I had more money, I'd probably just use it to further my current collections and maybe get some things I've eyeballed that are just too expensive right now. So for games, that would be stuff like Chrono Trigger and Conker's Bad Fur Day. For cards, Umbreon Star, Shining Pokemon from Neo Destiny (or just the whole set or even a box, since it's my favorite), Crystal Pokemon, older ex cards, and some of the awesome secret rares from the Black and White sets, which I really liked.

For what it's worth, I've been collecting things my whole life. When I was younger, I collected rocks, coins, my favorite candy wrappers (don't ask), erasers, and stickers. I don't know what it is about collecting, but it really makes me happy. I enjoy having a large collection of games to play and enjoy alone or with other people. I enjoy my card collection because...I don't know. I guess it kind of just brings me back to being a kid and collecting cards. They just make me happy and I have memories with a lot of my cards and it's just nice. I love organizing them too, though not as much as when I was a kid. I would rearrange my cards nearly everyday as a kid, unhappy with how I did it the previous day. lol I don't do that a lot now, but I still enjoy it. Though it might also be a nervous habit because one time, I got really nervous about something and rearranged my entire book while I had a friend over. I don't even remember why I was nervous...hm.

tl;dr i collect stuff and love it too much bye

Years
    I have collected many of the things the rest of you have. (Video games, figures, plushies, trading cards, etc.)
    But the collection I am most proud of is my collection of video game/anime/film art books from my favorite franchises I've been growing over the years. I have a total of 15 such art books, and that may not seem like much... but each typically costed about 40 bucks so... It kinda adds up money-wise, haha.

I just love seeing all the conceptual art, character/location designs and all that good stuff. It's inspirational and I enjoy reading creator commentary about the development process.

Years
    I used to be mad about collecting things, I've grown out of it somewhat but that collector/hoarder side is still lurking in me.

When I was younger I was really into trading card games and I collected what was quite possibly thousands of them. When my family moved house a few years ago I got rid of most of them but I still have some tucked away because of sentimental or cash value.

I also used to collect coins, stamps and keys (yes keys). I don't know if I still have any of those in all honesty.

As for current collections I have collections of humorous hats shaped liked animals (well I'm working on it, right now I only have three and two of those are chickens), shirts with funny and/or offensive slogans, dragon statuettes (I love dragons) and my somewhat prized collection of gemstones and fossils.
    I might add pictures later.

I'm scared to think about the money I've invested into collecting things over the years.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I collect anime plushies! I love them so much, and I can never have enough of them. <3 A few of my most treasured ones are my Sebastian Michaelis plush, Axel plush and Kaito plush as well. :3 I also like to collect stuff related to trains too because they are so cute. <3 Oh! gimmepie reminded me... I also like collecting animal hats. I have so many that I can't even name them all! One of my favorite ones is the one I got for Christmas last year, which is my spotted, long mitten one with the little ears. I do collect dragon stuff as well, though I haven't done that in a long time. What I really want is a plush of Stuffy from Doc McStuffins because he's just sooooo cute.

Another thing I collect is Star Wars books. I don't read them, I just collect them. I am trying to read some of the books... but it's hard when you don't have all of the books in each series. Some of the books are really old and probably dated back to when the first Star Wars actually came out. I haven't really collected any as of late, but that's because they don't come out with them as often as they used to. It doesn't even matter what the book is because I'll most likely have it as part of my collection.

When I was little, I used to collect rocks.

Oh! I also collect these:

Spoiler:

They were made/drawn by different artists, including some done by my senpai. I started collecting them my second or third year at my anime con, and now I have a whole bunch of them in a My Little Pony:FiM lunchbox. :3

Last edited:

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I collect vinyl records, I probably have like 150 at this point but I only started two years ago or so. I've collected CDs my whole life (but less so nowadays), probably have about 1,000 of those (maybe a little less). I want to start collecting Blu-Rays, but the thing is I can find most things I don't own on Netflix or somewhere... else so I don't really have the need (or money) for that right now. I guess you could say I collect books but I buy every book I plan on reading so it's more out of necessity than anything.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I collect PC parts. Slap that shit in a PC, boot it up, it's good.

I'm bad enough to where I have PATA/IDE SSDs. Yeah, those things are just… niche products if I ever saw them. They used to be expensive as hell and didn't work hardly.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The only tangible things I collect in a true sense are calendars from a local Chinese takeaway. They're these wall-scroll type things, oft with cute artwork of all the Shēngxiào animals.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I love teapots and mugs, etc. Really anything tea related is something that I want to have. I think I have five teapots atm, I can't remember rn.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    One word: Pikachu. Eevee is, and will always be, my favorite Pokemon, but I will admit that my affection for Pikachu has grown over the years. Ever since elementary school, my collection of Pikachu has slowly grown. I have everything from rare cards, to plushies from Japan and blanket and towels. Heck, I held onto my Pikachu pinata from my sixth birthday party. I still have it hanging in my room. :3

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I collect Cardfight!! Vanguard cards, I'm kind of a really low key plushie collector, and I'm trying to collect all of the main series Pokémon games.

My boyfriend also really got me into nendoroids recently but that's a pretty expensive hobby and there are maybe only like three nendoroid figures in existence that I can give two hoots about lol.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I used to collect a fuck ton of Yu GI Oh cards. I started when the first series came out and I was still too young to read and I stopped right when GX ended. I had every tin container that they sold, I had every structure deck, I even had 5 boxes filled with Spanish and Japanese cards. I had literally 1000's of cards. There wasn't a card I didn't have. But then my senior year of high school I brought in all of my cards to our christmas band concert because this one girl was really into the stuff and so I ended up just giving them to her. Made her really happy.

I am a terrible terrible person when it comes to collecting. When my cousin went to college she gave me a pack of pokemon cards from the first generation and I found a Dragonite within that was worth a crap ton of money and then I started just buying tons of pokemon cards for about 4 or 5 months. I had about 6 or 7 hundred cards by the time I was done.

And then my most recent collecting binge is Magic cards. I have close to 2000 and I've been collecting for just about 5 months. And it all started after playing a single game of edh with one of my friend's decks.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I collect tea!! (have more than 50 kinds)

And this isn't a big collection yet, but I "collect" Mario series villains :)

I have Koopa, Cheep Cheep, Bomb-Omb, Petey Piranha, Drybones <3

Back