• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite paradox Pokémon from each version

Years
  • What is your favorite version exclusive paradox Pokémon from Scarlet as well as Violet? What is your favorite one overall? ❤️ Optionally, which version do you think has the better paradox Pokémon in general?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I chose Scarlet because the ancient Pokémon theme was a more interesting concept to me, and their designs more appealing overall, even if it looked like they got the short end of the stick in terms of typings.

Have not actually used any of them (and probably never will, since I normally ignore these kind of super powerful late/end game Pokémon), but design-wise Great Tusk is my favorite, because regular Donphan is one of my favorite designs in the whole franchise.

Don't know why it's Fighting though. Well, actually quite a few "Fighting" types in the latest gens look like anything but Fighting... maybe people complained about humanoid Fighting types much?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I have only used Flutter Mane (for the Charizard raid), but based on looks alone I like Scream Tail and Iron Thorns.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • As much as I often talk about how much I hate Paradox Pokémon and regional variants, I have to admit that Iron Valiant is pretty cool. It's probably the only one that I like somewhat.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Scarlet: Great Tusk.
    Violet: Iron Valiant, with Iron Moth behind it.
    Overall: Probably Iron Valiant for its slightly better colors.

Better version: Violet. Describes the Scarlet ones as rougher or disheveled. Prefers Scarlet's names, though. Why would you name all of the Violet Pokemon "Iron ____" and then only make one of them Steel type?

Don't know why it's Fighting though. Well, actually quite a few "Fighting" types in the latest gens look like anything but Fighting... maybe people complained about humanoid Fighting types much?

Possibly for its tusks. Presumably charges into foes to use them. What typing would you give to a Pokemon that relies on tusks? Ice like Mamoswine Views Fighting or Normal (see: Horn Attack) as good choices, if you want to add a second type. Argues against Rock, despite Head Smash being a thing, given seemingly less reliance on Rollout.

Admittedly questions why "Headlong Rush" is a Ground type move.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Violet has the better Paradox Mons by far. I absolutely despise how the Scarlet Paradoxes look like stoned/trip-induced versions of their regular counterparts. Not even Koraidon managed to appeal to me, and it's my favourite color!

My favourite of the robot bunch is no doubt Miraidon! Even before its role in the game was revealed to be far bigger than that of previous Legendaries, I found those LED-display eyes and smug expression too cute for words. I almost wish it weren't a Legendary so I could have one in my self-insert's team without tearing canon apart.

Outside of Miraidon, my other favourite is Iron Thorns. Look, Duraludon is amazing, but having a more accurate Mecha-Godzilla Mon is even better. I also love how it's a bit smaller as well as calmer than a regular Tyranitar. Just like with Miraidon, I wish it didn't have semi-Legendary status, and that it had a complete evolution line - starting with a Larvitar that looks like its Saiko Soda plush, then a Pupitar that looks like a drone, and finally Iron Thorns itself.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Possibly for its tusks. Presumably charges into foes to use them. What typing would you give to a Pokemon that relies on tusks? Ice like Mamoswine Views Fighting or Normal (see: Horn Attack) as good choices, if you want to add a second type.

Honestly I would have rather made it Ground/Fire, or Ground/Grass, because of Protosynthesis. In fact I find weird that GF gave all Past Paradoxes an Ability that interacts with Harsh Sunlight, yet did not make a single one of them Fire type... while the Future Paradoxes do have at least three Electric type Pokémon including Miraidon.

Fighting used to be for Pokémon based around martial arts or some other kind of fighting styles, but it has become a lot more ambiguous in the recent gens.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Honestly I would have rather made it Ground/Fire, or Ground/Grass, because of Protosynthesis. In fact I find weird that GF gave all Past Paradoxes an Ability that interacts with Harsh Sunlight, yet did not make a single one of them Fire type... while the Future Paradoxes do have at least three Electric type Pokémon including Miraidon.

Fighting used to be for Pokémon based around martial arts or some other kind of fighting styles, but it has become a lot more ambiguous in the recent gens.

Interesting. Did not notice the lack of Fire types. Found quite a few typing to be strange, though. Would personally make Slither Wing Fire/Ground before Great Tusk. Also Koraidon to Fire/Dragon. Really wishes for actual Pokedex entries for the Paradox Pokemon now. Nearly copy/pasted all of them to say nothing about the Pokemon itself.

Largely seems to be based around punching or kicking, sure. Counts Heracross among the older Fighting types too. Lifts and throws things with its horn. Why not the same for Great Tusk?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Honestly I would have rather made it Ground/Fire, or Ground/Grass, because of Protosynthesis. In fact I find weird that GF gave all Past Paradoxes an Ability that interacts with Harsh Sunlight, yet did not make a single one of them Fire type... while the Future Paradoxes do have at least three Electric type Pokémon including Miraidon.

My guess is they probably didn't include too many Fire-types because they expect the player to change the Tera Types of Pokémon instead.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    My favorite one would be Miraidon, as it's become one of my favorite Pokemon in general, I love my cyborg motorcycle lizard friend. Iron Moth and Iron Valiant also interest me, as Volcarona is another one of my favorites, while Iron Valiant seems kinda like it'd be cool to use and I do like Gardevoir a little bit.

I also wanna mention Scream Tail for a sec, just because the name implies to me that before Jigglypuffs could sing, they just fucking screamed at shit lmao

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Sandy Shocks is my personal favorite simply because of how confounding it is. Someone at Game Freak decided to give an ancient form to Magneton of all things, not even Magnezone, turned its magnets into legs, attached iron filings to its limbs, GAVE THE TOP MAGNEMITE A MOUTH, and gave it a chain of screws for a tail. It's so delightfully absurd. A strange coincidence that my favorite Ultra Beast and my favorite Paradox Pokémon are both wacky-looking Electric-types.

Iron Valiant is my favorite of the future bunch, simply because it's peak fanservice. Game Freak really just made their own fusion of two fan-favorite Pokémon and gave it a futuristic look and a cool detachable weapon on top of it. The icing on the cake is that we're likely getting more fanservce in the future in the forms of the imagined Paradox Pokémon seen in the Scarlet and Violet Books.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Also Koraidon to Fire/Dragon. Really wishes for actual Pokedex entries for the Paradox Pokemon now. Nearly copy/pasted all of them to say nothing about the Pokemon itself.

Largely seems to be based around punching or kicking, sure. Counts Heracross among the older Fighting types too. Lifts and throws things with its horn. Why not the same for Great Tusk?

Yeah, they probably went with massive physical strength > Fighting. Seems like the most logical answer for Great Tusk.

Koraidon really wanted to be Fire type, Collision Course is even described as a "massive prehistoric explosion" and its animation is basically a Flame Wheel / Heat Crash. Making it Fighting seems like a nerf to me, like they didn't want a Pokémon with a 100/100 physical Fire type move getting the 1.5 STAB, plus a free 1.5 for sunlight, plus another free 1.5 for Orichalcum Pulse Attack boost. Indeed it would have been too much, although it's weird that they didn't apply the same logic to Miraidon, which does get that triple boost except for Terrain being 30% instead of 50%.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Scream Tail is the best and no one can tell me otherwise

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've fallen in love with most of Scarlet's paradox pokemon tbh. The Iron mons have some cool stuff too but nah. Scream Tail, Flutter Mane... so cool/cute.

And this boi? New fav. Utterly perfect.
    Spoiler:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Scarlet: Slither Wing. I love how fluffy and cute the legs are when it stands on twos, and when on fours, the tail is stubby and dragon-like.
    Violet: Iron Valiant. Love the blade.

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    Scarlet: I quite enjoy Roaring Moon. It's quite cool. It's typing of dragon/dark is quite cool as well. I also like Sandy Shocks for looking stupid.
    Violet: Iron Bundle looks fun.

Deltawarrior

Funni lil’ fella
    Years
  • I'd say for Scarlet it's Scream Tail. It's cute and deadly, like me! As for Violet, it's gotta be Iron Jugulis. I like to idea of a robotic dragon, especially since it's based off of Hydregion!

Back