• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your internet tone

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Haha, my tone is changing based on the person i'm talking to, even if you are a "real life" friend \ "online friend" has different meanings for me, with some exceptions.
    If i know you for a short time, or it is our first time talking, depends on what i wanna talk to you about. If i want to ask a question or you are a thread-owner of a challenge or something like that, i'll be formal. If you are someone i want to be friends with, i'll put up the most cheerful tone i can and try and be funny.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I feel like no matter how I type I come off as a raging ♥♥♥♥♥ but I'm actually sweet x10. I'm not inviting at all though.

Years
    I used to be extremely laid-back concerning grammar and punctuation. I started using it about a year into Forum life, left, and you guys see me typing now, which to me sounds hopelessly robotic. I'm fairly serious - even when making jokes, haha - and I guess the most lax I could be online is through PMs with a friend. I can't relax with you strange possible foes around.

P.S. Joking, ehe.

Years
    In general I'm very blunt when making comments on the internet. I think I tend to be more aggressive as well. I don't think my tone changes much depending on what or who I am responding to.

I always type using appropriate punctuation and grammar. I even text friends using proper punctuation.

ShiningHelioptile

Powered by Netflix
    Years
    When I'm doing something like replying to a serious thread I'll use caps, punctuation, etc. When it's not that serious, I won't be that serious either and usually lack caps. I don't really bother with caps and what not in Tumblr, chats, etc. And if I'm messaging a friend, be it on Skype, VMs, etc., or if it is in another situation I am comfortable in, I'll be casual, usually sarcastic and cursing occasionally.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    I think tone just always changes depending on your audience. You have to know them in order to talk to them. Plus, text really blurs tone imo.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yeah, for the most part when making a thread I try to keep my tone semi-formal (capital letter where they should be, good grammar usage, correct spelling). When I'm vming a friend I normally text informal (all lowercase).

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I try to remain pretty professional at all times. That means I use correct spelling and grammar all the time. I tend to word everything carefully and appropriate for the situation. In other words, I let loose a little when I'm making a joke, but serious when in a discussion that requires it.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I just talk really. Though some of the people I talk to I can be more rude towards or sound like I'm being rushed because I can't really stand talking to them but I can't be bothered to make myself a problem to them.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I like to keep things friendly, PG-rated, optimistic but realistic, and overall sociable when I post on here or anywhere with a big community. I also try to make an effort with grammar and stuff. On Twitter, where it's a bit more private, most people will probably think I'm a huge B, lol.

I feel like I sound pretty vapid when I post here most of the time, but I come here to relax mostly so I don't make a big effort in trying to impress anyone with intellect or deep conversations, I guess? Unless a topic comes up that engages me. It's 5 AM for me right now, so forgive me if I'm rambling.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I'm usually straight-forward. I try to be polite, but I'm also a bit aggressive and sarcastic, at the same time. But in the real world.....

I'm more insane. But mostly the same.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    My internet tone changes depending on which subject I'm dealing with. When it comes to subjects regarding long-running franchises, I go into analytic mode and worry mode because of their fanbases. When dealing with touchy subjects at the Discussions & Debates section, I go full analytic mode based on my experience with both the minority and the majority.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    My internet tone changes depending on which subject I'm dealing with. When it comes to subjects regarding long-running franchises, I go into analytic mode and worry mode because of their fanbases. When dealing with touchy subjects at the Discussions & Debates section, I go full analytic mode based on my experience with both the minority and the majority.
    So there's no in-between or are you always analytical? :p

Years
    My tone varies depending on whom I am talking to. In general, I'm fairly calm and mature. I don't bother with proper punctuation on battle servers, IRC, or Skype, but otherwise come across as I would in a forum post. However, when I'm around people that are known to be miserable (like a group known as the Draco Masters in the Ubers room on PS), I become quite peppy and sarcastic. For instance, if someone makes a claim that they are the "best," I might ask them for battling tips and a list of their tournament accomplishments to put them in an awkward position. I never get angry though!

I'm also a lot more shy on the Internet than I am real life. I lurked a long time both on Smogon and on PS before jumping into discussions there. I'm more social on IRC since I only ajoin channels where I know everyone/almost everyone.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I try to have a nice tone towards friends, my tone is indifferent towards anyone else though until they say something that earns my approval.

Back