• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your living situation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I live with my boyfriend and his parents. Due to me living in a completely different state there was no way I couldn't have moved over here lol we can't afford our own place yet so that's why we're there until we've got our finances sorted. Yeah we could rent but my job isn't stable and I'm going to be freelance when I leave this job so I kinda have no choice until I've got a lot saved up whereas he's finishing up with uni.

Reactions: noa

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I rent an appartement, but I'm actively starting to look for a condo

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Live with the parents atm but planning to buy a condo within the next 6 months or so

Years
    I live at home with my mum and sister at the moment. I obviously intend to move out at some point in the next few years, but I'm in no position health-wise or financially to do so right now.

Years
    Still with the parents. Got close to moving at one point after meeting what seemed like a super cool roommate, but she ended up not contacting me again and disappearing. At this point I've realized it's just not worth spending 2-5x the amount on a place here when I could leave and have a better quality of life that doesn't cost me my entire wallet. NYC is becoming more and more unaffordable for most people and the ocean of tourists make it impossible to enjoy many nice areas. Given how negatively I've viewed this city for the last year or so, it makes most sense for me to leave.

sooo I'm interested in experiencing life elsewhere. Seattle is one place I'd like to go to, though I'd also love living in Philly/somewhere in PA or Canada (especially Montreal). I love the French language and culture. Hm...!

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    I own a 4 units rental building. I live in one apartment and rent the other 3. My advice for anyone living with their parents; be smart with your money. Save as much as you can and as early as possible to purchase your own condo/house/whatever you want. In the long term, it is much cheaper and a lot more profitable to pay your mortgage than to pay someone else a rent. :)

Years
    Living with the parents and will continue doing so for the next 3 or so years.

Probably gonna start looking at pre-construction condos that will be closer to work after my probation ends because the current commute is dreadful.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    still in high school, so still living with my parents at the moment. only have a 1 year left with them tho as i'm off to uni next summer! :' )

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    I moved out of my parent's house very early, must have been about 15-16, been living on my own since & not been easy, but I think I've managed well. Lived in a campus hostel for a couple of years or so, then moved to a rented house shared with a few friends. Currently living with my SO. She really wants us to have our own house asap, so we're working on that.

Pika Pika :chu:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    I'm still living with my parents and two brothers. I've been thinking about moving out, but don't plan to do that soon. Not having to pay rent and free meals (my Mom is a great cook btw) is quite hard to pass up. Maybe in a few years, idk.

Years
    I live with my dad right now at home, but was with both parents until mom passed away. I would definitely move out on my own just to be more adult if I had the money to do so, but at the same time I'd feel sad on moving out since where I am now is where I've grown up as a child.

Years
    Until June I lived with my parents. I go to university in Quebec and lived on campus last year, but decided to rent an apartments with some biddies on a long-term lease. I moved in last month and am looking forward to living on my own from now on

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it's a studio. A lot goes on rent, but so little room.

Back