• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your year in review

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    So what did you accomplish this year?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    - I dipped my feet in the housing market and started looking for a condo
    - Quickly realized that condos are crazy expensive and held off for a bit to keep saving and re-evaluate what I could afford on a single income
    - I excelled at work and had very good reviews from peers and higher ups
    - I tried to walk to work in the summer but once mid-July hit, it was waaaay too hot & humid to be walking 45 minutes
    - Had a really good summer just working and relaxing in the evenings
    - Went to Philadelphia to watch the Overwatch League grand finals. The games were a bit of a disappointment, but I had never visited Philly or stayed in a hostel, so that was a fun experience
    - Went to London and Paris in October, my first ever solo trip and I had a blast
    - Started a new job that pushed me to my absolute limits, and I learned a lot from that

Not a bad year for me! Next year I hope to actually buy a place, and get over some of my laziness/anxiety about planning for my future.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I got a promotion and made it to the halfway point of my master's program

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • - Gave two talks on work at conferences/workshops that went well, one at a 200+ attended venue. And presented a poster at another.
    - Progress on work stuff despite some slowness at time and other travel events.
    - Got a paper published on phd work finally, which was a relief!
    - Finished Paper draft, touch more thigns and edits to do but it's nearly there on stuff done this year.
    - Revived old project with some progress.
    - Met my girlfriend in person for the first time and finishing the year by travelling with her on holidays. :B

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    - finished school and exams for my job and am earning actual money now
    - this years new years resolution was "beat 7 JRPGs", ended up beating 13 instead
    - couple months ago decided that I want to read and finish 6 books, ended up finishing 8 (almost 9) instead
    - realized that my drawing style is awful, started improving as a result
    - figured out a lot more about the inner workings of my mind (self improvement)

pkmin3033

- Finally came off of Employment and Support Allowance, just in time to avoid being transferred onto Universal Credit and having my life ruined by the Conservative Party's broken new system
    - Increased my hours at work to 4 mornings a week
    - Got a fairly substantial pay increase
    - Increased my savings by quite a substantial amount - more than I had budgeted for myself, anyway
    - Managed to avoid permanently losing any weight or falling apart completely despite extreme stress throughout the year that did NOT get easier in September like I had initially thought it would
    - Somehow became VG Mod on here
    - Celebrated our third year together with my partner :3
    - Finished 65 games...not that my backlog is getting any smaller, because I probably bought around that many too xD

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    It was like a 4/10 tbh. :/

Hey, whatevers happened, I'm sure everyone has had those years. If it makes you feel any better, I still was really happy how you remember'd me in my re-intro post earlier this year. You were Alexial, and I still remember. Thanks for that : )

For myself..
    -Got back into Guitar Lessons, right before my first instructor quit lessons around my area. Miss the guy quite a lot, was a fantastic player himself. Ill always remember from him..stay humble. Never get too ahead of myself, never think you know everything.
    -Not a perfect GPA, but I'm keeping a steady overall 3.9 GPA right now like I promised myself I would do better.
    -I learned its important to not be so serious all the time, to have fun and be silly when I want to be.
    -Mind, Body, and Spirit is a saying I'll be adopting into the New Year :).

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey, whatevers happened, I'm sure everyone has had those years. If it makes you feel any better, I still was really happy how you remember'd me in my re-intro post earlier this year. You were Alexial, and I still remember. Thanks for that : )

Bless your heart. (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • - landed a job in IT, though I start next year I landed it this year so imo it counts
    - started a new hobby that consumed my life and made me feel a lot happier than last year
    - made new friends along the way to banter with
    - got sassed into pairing up
    - survived PC's relentless "bully TY" moments :rowlhmph:

7/10 overall

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i've gone through three jobs jfc but i played a lot of kingdom hearts and a lot of fire emblem three houses so i'd call it a win

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • +got accepted into a graphic design program.
    +worked on a mural.
    +finished some art, including all pseudo legend derpmons.
    +vacation.
    +finished a few games.

-broke pinky.

it was a good year.

Years
  • This may not seem like much but I'm still alive. Suffered two failed suicide attempts in July and I've been having persisting issues with my gi tract, I can't eat much at all or I'll get sick.

Bay

Years
  • 2019 wasn't a stellar year for me, but happy with a few things:

-Able to pay off a chunk of my student loan and credit card debt (though with some help from family)
    -Post +10 chapters of my main chaptered fanfic and just need to finish the last arc, hopefully mid next year
    -Finally got myself a Switch and a couple games

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Nothing I would consider good or bad happened.

-Got horribly sick
    -The country burned down bc of social stuff

+Started listening to my new favorite band

I'll give it a 4/10

Years
  • - Rented my first house by myself.
    - Got a dog and a cat (I already had one cat).
    - Finally got the courage to leave my toxic job for a new one.
    - Bought my first Graphics Design program so I can really start digging into what I love.
    - Got my first professional DSLR camera so I can get into the second half of what I love.
    - Booked my first trip to a new area completely by myself to explore.
    - Made new friends (Looking at all you Discord regulars <3)
    - Flew home to see my parents I hadn't seen in over 2 years.

This year was actually kind of hard on me, and I was deff in a spiral a few times. So even though a lot of good happened, it was also one of the hardest years. Adulting sucks. <3

8/10

Back