• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're 22?!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Do people often mistake you for being a different age than what you actually are? ....I often get mistaken for a teenager/high schooler because I'm so small & short. I've owned up to the fact I will probably never look my age at this point...

Bay

Years
    ^ Same. I'm also small and short, so people mistake me around middle school/high school age. Being short has its advantages like kid discounts, but it gets annoying as sometimes folks won't take you seriously.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeeep, people say I look 18-21 most of the time, and ask me if I'm old enough to ring up their alcohol. lol

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I don't think so, really. Maybe on rare occasion but then people don't guess my age that much to begin with.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah... I've recently had to show ID for buying the weak beer at a department store. You have to be 18, see.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    My face hasn't changed in years, and I haven't grown much in height either so people assume I'm 14 or even younger when they look at me :') Not something that bothers me though!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Years ago people used to ask me how high school was going, despite having graduated from that years prior.

Now maybe it's the opposite. A few months ago a co-worker asked me how old I was, because he thought that I was close to his age (he's like early 40s) but just wanted to make sure or something. And when I told him I'm 26, his reaction was iirc something along the lines of "wtf I thought you were at least over 30".

...maybe I am getting old, I found my first two gray hairs a couple of days ago

Years
    People always assume I'm younger than I am. I work with college students and they don't seem to think I'm older than 25... I'm 29.

I'm prepared to get carded for alcohol the rest of my life 😂

Years
    If I shaved that day, chances are most people will think I am at least 3 years younger...
    People had it wrong all along imo. The Fountain of Youth was a barber shop in Florida.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
    I'm eternally cursed to look like a high schooler. I'm a year from graduating college and I still commonly get asked "So what grade are you in?"

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    People are usually able to guess my age pretty accurately, typically within two years in either direction. Doesn't bother me either way, aha.

Years
    At one point I had a few people asking if I was still in high school. I was...definitely not. I didn't even particularly look like a teenager so I was a little confused.

Haven't had anybody try to guess my age anytime recently, so I'm not sure if I still appear younger than I really am.

Years
    I look more or less the age I am as far as I know. Nobody has ever really questioned it.
    I feel like this might change slightly in the next couple of years though because my face hasn't really changed much in the last several year and shows no signs of doing so any time soon. I guess we'll see.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    People think I'm 35 online and like 20 irl (especially after I shave). It's pretty hilarious.

Just three years ago (I was 25) I was asked whether I was old enough to vote and last year (27) I was refused a promotional gift because "only people over 18". But when I'm talking to someone online, their first reaction is guessing I'm a very middle-aged adult because how in hell does a 20-something guy know so much about complex life stuff. It's... weird.

Last edited:
    Back