• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it impossible to find friends on PC?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It does definitely help if you get to know people through posting around in a section before randomly dropping VMs on profiles. If you're active in a section, responding to people's posts and sharing topics in threads, you'll become more known to others, and if you leave them a random VM, they won't wonder who you are. They'd know you and have something to say to you.

That's how I made my friends here on the forums when I first joined. I was just a regular member, and I found a section that I was active in (FF&W before it was FF&W). Through posting in threads and being active, I and a few other members became friends.

That's the best advice I have. Just be active around PC, and you'll find people that you'll just get along with. Shoot them a VM after you get to know them through posting in threads.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    It really just comes down to posting, and as you interact more members in threads, you start to get along. Like, I heard a lot of people became friends through Pokemon Trivia and The Playground, especially at TCTI (The Count to Infinity). DCC threads also helps forge friendships.

And then the next thing you know, you'll be shooting VMs to each other haha. All in all, posting and replying to other members regularly helps.

Years
    When I first started out, I feel unwelcomed too! When I make my intro thread, no one greeted me, but a few months later I have excellent friends which I talk to almost everyday :)

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I donnu about this whole "Normal Members Count" crusade you got goin man. This whole community is pretty well integrated and diverse, you're not gonna show up on PCs radar overnight, if that's really what you really want. Besides, I don't think approval by group consensus is something you should be looking for on a place like this.

Outlier

Yeah I don't think randomly saying "hi" to people is gonna net you friends. It feels forced.

And I don't see why making yourself stand out in a forum is something that should matter lol. Who cares? Just post, man. Seriously you're better off not caring.

A simple "hi" could be the start of a good conversation where two people might hit it off, or it could very well go nowhere lol. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to put yourself out there by making small talk, although I'd advise the OP not to expect automatic friendship just from messaging people or even by being active on the forums. It takes a certain amount of effort, compatibility and interest from both sides to form a bond with someone. There are no guarantees sadly.

Years
    Starting VM conversations with people who look like they may have something in common with you is a good idea (an Avatar or Signature that someone has that is of interest to you, or if someone makes a post about something your intrested it). Also joining Clubs is a great way to find like minded people.

Years
    I was once someone who couldn't make friends here, but as others said you can try posting in several different threads, joining a club or even starting a VM conversation can all be great ways to make friends with fellow members.

Although be mindful as far as friend requesting is aware, not everyone accepts them that easily because they sometimes keep their friend lists restrictive or such.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Personally whenever I want to meet new friends, I try to strike newcomers with a conversation over on The Welcome Lounge, which is pretty successful most of the time, and is something I'd recommend, like The Welcome Lounge, as well as The Treehouse board here is a great place to meet new friends, but all in all, I'd say just be yourself, and try breaking down that shell!

I'm sure you're a great guy; you'll make good friends soon~! :3

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I was like you when I first joined PC/when I tried and failed the first 30 times to be active here. It had been a long time since I was new in a community and it was a weird feeling not having a lot of friends on the forum, and I blamed that on the cliques and people being unwilling to make friends etc. However I've recently come to realise that most people on this forum are a lot of fun and really nice and welcoming, and all you need to do (and what I've been trying to do) is put yourself out there and try and talk to people in threads or in VMs or whatever, instead of sulking and waiting for friends to flock to me. It's definitely made me enjoy this forum a lot more as well.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    What I've experienced so far: more liked people tend to already have a lot of friends, so they are more likely to not respond, or only in a scarce manner (or they might just be oblivious to anything outside of their already established friendships). On the other hand, there are a ton of people who don't get noticed. Randomly writing a VM to some of these people can result into interesting outcomes; it is a way to build up friendships, but even if that's not happening, there's a high chance that they at least appreciated you writing a VM to them.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I think what helped my integration is that I joined alongside someone else who was really loud and personable, and I was already really, really good friends with him so there was already someone there I could bounce shit off of. and then luckily he ended up introducing me to who is now my best friend here and I'd only been there for like a month, so it kind of worked out, somehow.

Years
    I have had hard time at first, then I started posting and things got slightly better. Then the plug.dj happened and now I talk to people almost everyday.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I got most of my PC friends from chatting in The Count To Infinity or by meeting likemindes people in the Roleplay Theater. It's all about finding some part of this forum where you can stick around and find things you have in common :3

Years
    Some of the friends i've made here are ones from TC (like TB and Omi/AA), others are casual moderator fare, and some of them are people who were new at the time. And a couple from Marriland, even if they aren't common here.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    The worst way to make friends with people is to just say hey, and have no topic to talk about. Making friends here works just as in real life, except here there aren't any awkward silences. Don't go out and look for people to talk to, but start talking to them in threads, by quoting them, and liking their posts. It breaks the ice. And that is not even needed. If you see someone with similar interests as you, you can start talking with them about that. Venturing into some more conversation based threads, like gender race, or the many DCC's is always a good way to start getting to know people.
    I must say that my PC friends, with none of them I actively tried to become friends, we just got talking.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    I've made few friends through the forums themselves. I've always made mine through talking on the Battle Server. It's a great place to talk and everyone there is quite nice- bar Dark Noobzelf :p- If you want to check it out it's right here. I'll be there to say hi :)

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    I think I got an idea, I'm gonna support the normal members.
    , non supporter mods etc. because someone needs to notice us and I want us to be noticed.

i think you're overthinking this bud. i became a support about a week ago and i promise you i didn't gain a fan club or a new lamborghini.

i think your best bet is chatting with people who you share similar interests with. maybe you're approaching the wrong people or possibly your approach is wrong.

Back