• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How likely are you to tell others that you're a Pokemon fan IRL?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I'm only open in that if someone wants to battle and talk games. I never admit to liking anything Pokemon past that.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
I don't have any reason to do so, really. But if they ask if I like Pokémon, I'd say I'm a fan.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I used to pretend I didn't know this or that pokémon, because I was ashamed.

Nowadays I'm more of a proud fan, honestly. I collect the games and am not hiding that I play them :) There's not much to be embarrassed about, aside from me forum-roleplaying pokémon also, of course. I wouldn't want my IRL friends to know that, as it's something I'd like to keep my own world so to say. A place to escape to.

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
define shame

anyway, i'm pretty open about it if they mention anything about it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Not usually, because most people around me don't care about it.

On a rare occasion I see someone with a DS playing it, I might offer to trade or do something together. At the least, I'll ask to see their team. I like looking at what others come up with for nicknames.

Years
I haven't been in a situation where its come up in ages to be honest, none of my friends are really into it anymore so barely anybody mentions it irl. Would definitely tell them I'm a fan though!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm very open about it. I know it's kinda weird, but this is something a lot of us have grown up with and it's something we can show off to our future kids. You could say I'm a proud fan.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
Pokemon is one of those interests that I don't feel ashamed about so I can tell about it to others. It often seems like many other people like the franchise too or at least know about it one way or another so it wouldn't be an obscure interest to mention. I've worn a Pokemon shirt too and it was neat.

Years
Im 35 a dad of 2. I go around wearing shirts from games I like (world of warcraft and pokemon). I go around with a team mystic baseball cap or one I got from the new york pokemon center when it was nothng but a pokemon center. Hell I keep a pokemon key chain my daughter got me on my back pack.

Ive been a massive fan and a player of the games since I was 17 and it aint gonna change anytime soon.

Im a fan loud and proud and if anyones got a problem with it its there problem not mine

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I tell pretty much everyone I meet I like pokemon, i guess :P

Its my crush on Korrina I have to keep quiet about out in the real world. Homophobia probably leads to violence, at least sometimes, due to what i've heard about the bible, anyways......(i don't wanna get hurt or killed!)

EDIT: Although, i'd like to think, if i ever got a girlfriend in the real world, that was a real person, that no one would seriously give me a hard time about it. I actually kind of like the idea of a same sex lover more than a hetro lover now thanks to all my happy moments crushing on korrina and how nicely people online have treated me for her X3;

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
If anyone asks, then absolutely! I'd love to get some Pokémon accessories some time to show that I'm a fan. ^_^

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
I'm fairly open about it. All of my close friends know. If I'm talking to someone about video games, I might mention it to see if they're a fan.

Although I don't wear Pokémon apparel in my everyday outfits, I certainly do when I'm working out at the gym or hanging with friends at night. Once I got to high school, I felt like people didn't care enough to tease me about my interests anymore. At college, everybody loves Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I'm to the point where I just don't care. Maybe it's because I'm older now and not in school anymore. I'll play Pokemon no matter what. Nothing someone can say or do to change that.

Years
I'm open about it and it's actually one thing that I'm known to my friends (besides other things). I get a lot of "What Pokémon are in the next gen?", "Should I safe candies for this Pokémon?", "Where do I find this Pokémon in Diamond?" ... questions from my friends that play GO (and some of them got into main series).

But I'm not running on the streets shouting that I'm Pokémon fan.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I also have a Pikachu in my car, and a Team Mystic decal on my window. Also I have a couple of Pikachu tanktops that I wear, so it's no secret. Even when I'm wearing nothin Pokémon related, I readily admit to people that I've been into it for a long time, and play Go nowadays. It makes for a lotta convos at work with customers and coworkers, because I talk to a surprising amount of people that have played just as long as me, if they're old enough!

Back