• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
Years
Sadly, the only shiny I have in Omega Ruby as of now is the Event Rayquaza that was held a while back. I'm not really too focused on shiny hunting, so I guess that explains why I don't have that many shinies in my playthrough.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
So far, I have a random encounter shiny Jigglypuff and I chain fished for a shiny Magikarp, Remoraid, Seaking, Luvdisc, Horsea, Wailmer, and Tentacool. I also got a shiny Shuppet via horde encounter and a shiny Charmander and Chatot with the Masuda method!

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I caught a shiny Duskull. Unfortunately, this was an extremely traumatising experience for me. It reminded me of the many shiny Dusclops that infested Showdown!'s BW2 UU ladder, and only a glimmer of common sense stopped me from immediately releasing it.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
So last night, I randomly thought it would be a good idea to play at 2AM. I saw that the Unown island was lit up, so naturally I had to get a complete set before the island went away. 20 letters in, a shiny Unown C appears. I caught it in a Luxury Ball!

Years
The first shiny I got was through Wonder Trade and it was a shiny Latias. The next day, I got a shiny Eevee and a shiny Greninja. The first shiny I got myself was a shiny Cresselia.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
So far I've gotten:

Typhlosion
Harrocross
Paras
Crobat
Tryaitair
Volcanino (Fire/Bug)

Boured

The Guildmaster
Years
I just got a shiny Vulpix yesterday using the Masuda Method, and since I bread it with a 6IV Ditto, It is pretty much capable of being used competitively.

I have been blessed by Arceus and Magikarp ;_;

tetsutaigas

your regular overlord
Years
I just caught a shiny Zorua after a dex nav chain of only 15!! This never happened to me before!

ShinyGyaradosisShiny

Just some Neckbeard who plays Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2020
just caught a shiny tynamo after 3 encounters. i was kind of confused but i was like, "i'll take it"

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Just caught a shiny Medicham on Victory Road just yesterday \o/

Spoiler:

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
I have the Shiny Charm now (whoo!), and the Ditto I use to breed is foreign, so I get shinies occasionally when doing Pokemon breeding projects. The latest shiny I got via breeding was Gliscor, and it was a pleasant surprise, because its IV spread turned out to be the correct one as well :-D

But despite my luck with breeding, I haven't encountered any shinies in the wild yet, even with the Shiny Charm's help :-/

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Chain fished for a Shiny Feebas and got one of the purple and silver finned fish after less than 30 casts.

I decided to evolve it the old-fashioned way by feeding it a stack of blue Pokeblocks and after Leveling up, Shiny Male Milotic. I plan to use him for Contests. :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 20, 2017
I've gotten 2 so far. Both from Masuda Method with a 6 iV ditto. A shiny Weedle which is now a Shiny Beedril (Mega) and a shiny Slugma that I evolved into a Shiny Magcargo. Finally got a competitively viable shiny Magcargo. Only had to hatch about 1200 eggs for her.

Talnov

Sir Talnov, of house Fluffy Cat
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 7, 2017
i have a shiny tentacool that i have'nt evolved yet, a shiny minun which broke my chain on y for a shiny skiddo, 2 poliwags i plan on evolving into politoed and poliwrath, and a carvanha that i evolved into sharpedo.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Ran into a Swablu whilst on Route 114...it was Shiny. I missed the sparkles so was very surprised to see he was Gold. It is a Shiny I have wanted for a while. Caught him in a Premier Ball too. :)

Back