• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever met a celebrity?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Title says all. And by "met" a celebrity I mean you actually made one on one contact with them, not just saw them at a show / walking about / idk where people find celebrities.

Years
  • I've met a few while working in the industry. I've met Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers, Kim Kardashian, Nick Offerman, Megan Mullully, Ben Stiller, Krysten Ritter, Jesse Eisenberg, Amy Poehler, Amanda Seyfried, Justin Long. All were really nice honestly.

I think thats it. I've had run ins with others (like passing Mariah Carey in NYC lmao) but the people I previously listed fit into the one-on-one contact category where I had actual conversations with them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I've meet tons of wrestlers but aside from that I've meet Nicklas Lidström.

Years
  • Sadly no. The closest was being super close to the stage while one of my fave local bands IV of Spades were playing. Their lead vocalist / bassist was just as amazing as I'd pegged him to be.

Years
  • I've met a ton! Mostly singers though, and have some really weird stories to remember a few of them by 😅

My favourite might just be Peabo Bryson singing to me on a street corner somewhere around midnight...😂

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Does meeting them before they're famous count? If so, +1 to my reasonably low count.

I worked in a nice and successful hotel, so a few British celebs up to a certain level of fame (a lesser Top Gear host, a couple of Match of the Day pundits / former footballers, GoT, a couple of very recognisable character actors).

Years
  • Like International famous people, not at all. People who are famous here in Italy, yes. I have met one of them at the airport in Rome lol and saw another one also in the airport. Then one in NYC. Precisely, in Liberty Island. I was with school group and I remember she wasn't so nice, because she was like "huh, I had to find people who know me even in NYC." Didn't like her, so I didn't ask for the autograph lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    When I was a teenager there was an author whose books were some of my absolute favorites. One day he visited our school and had some discussion session with my class. It was really cool. But also a little bit weird, like, meeting your heroes and seeing they're regular people gets weird.

Years
    • Seen today
    Dumb 14 year old me cheered for ron simmons as he walked out of the bathroom. (former football star and recognized by the WWE as the first black champion). He was very friendly even though it wasn't totally appropriate.

my older brother met him separately years later. apparently ron remembers this .__.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Dumb 14 year old me cheered for ron simmons as he walked out of the bathroom. (former football star and recognized by the WWE as the first black champion). He was very friendly even though it wasn't totally appropriate.

my older brother met him separately years later. apparently ron remembers this .__.

Haha this is so funny! That's cool that he remembered haha...

Meeting people famous... I've met a fair few musicians! Zebrahead would be the main ones - I've wined and dined with them, partied backstage, bumped into them at a Burger King (and they invited us to eat with them), poledanced with them... at this point the list is kinda endless haha.

Otherwise, I've talked golf and watched football with Atreyu, that was kinda outta nowhere but really cool! Naturally me and my friends exploded on the spot, being 20 year old fans and all.

A reverse situation was members of Patent Pending saying (when we saw them just before their show) that they had seen me and my friend earlier on in the day and actually wanted to come hang with us, but couldn't stop us in time!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    I've met a few SNL people (Jason Sudeikis, Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone, Bobby Moynihan, and Will Forte), I don't know if fan cons count, but if so I've met a large chunk of the Supernatural Cast, I also once danced in a coffee shop with actress Amber Tamblyn. Singer/perfomer Bryan Crum. The band Semi-Precious Weapons (whose lead singer I was actually friends with for a short time) Pretty much everyone I met was nice save for one former American Idol/stage actor who you could tell thought he was "the shit".

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    I've met a ton! Mostly singers though, and have some really weird stories to remember a few of them by 😅

My favourite might just be Peabo Bryson singing to me on a street corner somewhere around midnight...😂

I love that because I have no idea what Peabo Bryson looks like, but if he sang to me I'd be like "Omg it's you!" lolol

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Hm, I've met a few thanks to Comic Con, albeit always unintentionally (paying for autographs just is never worth it to me). Couple of WWE legends, such as Mick Foley, Jerry Lawler, and Ric Flair. Also (literally) bumped into Greg Nicotero on the show floor one year, as I wasn't watching where I was going. I remember looking up and seeing him and going "Greg Nicotero...?" Man looked up and then walked away fast. I'm 95% sure it was him as he had that long hair of his.

Outside of Comic Con, I've met Shia Lebouf when he was doing his whole "He Will Not Divide Us" project when it first started, as it was right by where I used to live. He was... interesting. Dude sorta looked homeless honestly, but he was super cool when I asked if I could take a picture with him. All I can remember off the top of my head.

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • As far as myself goes, I did get to meet a former Nascar driver when I was real little. My grandmother, however, not only did she get to meet John Astin at one point, but she did use to go to school with both Mark Harmon and Kurt Russell.

Back