• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Competition

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Small Writing Competition!
Judged by Bay, bobandbill, and gimmepie.

f5VPKbS.jpg

Welcome everyone to the Small Writing Competition! The gist is simple - write a story based on the prompt, and submit it to the judges before the deadline.

Rules
1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
2.) Stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before. You also are not allowed to post it anywhere else until judging is over. Having someone beta read your entry prior to submission in private is allowed.
3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are Bay, bobandbill, and gimmepie. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
5.) You have until 11:59pm EDT, 3rd 4th August to get your entry in.
6.) The story can be based on Pokemon, another fandom, or be original fiction. Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please! There is no word limit.

Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring and Prompt
Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
Characterization, Plot, and Description
Relevance to Prompt

Each participant will receive 50 points when their entry is sent in. Furthermore, 1st place can net a whopping 200 points!

The prompt is home, so good luck with making use of that in your story!

Entrants

Aquacorde
Tigearthzap
5qwerty
Eleanor
Venia Silente

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Tentatively joining this one—I have uni starting on Monday but I've always wanted to try this event so we'll see how it goes!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I think I have an idea as well for this one, I will give it a shot

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
I'm definitely going to have to join in on the festivities this time around. Need more excuses to keep myself writing.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Okay yeah so I am joining.

ATM I'm juggling which of my three ideas I am going to use with the prompt, and will have to actually ask for advice about that one (privately) because I suck at emotionally detaching myself from my ideas. But if I can get remote work this week some out of the way, then we'll be doin' words, baby!

(I had doubts about one of the ideas, but the contest mods say it's OK. Joke's on them, because now I have to organize that potential plot!)

Also Chr.Draco & Eleanor good to hear you can possibly make it in!

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Gonna join tentatively? Is that okay? I want to write something but I might not have enough time to finish given all of the other events.

Bay

Years
Hey, guys! Glad to see some interest here. With the deadline coming up soon, how are you all doing with your entries so far?

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
I could be doing better if work was less of a hassle, as usual. But unlike previous years I already have a very clear idea of what it's going to be about and I already managed to write the ending... so now I have to write everything that leads to it.

I might be asking around #tundra_town for a few OCs to give the team some (admittedly token due to constraints) participation, if that's allowed.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
I have started to write, the ideas is solid in my opinion. But the execution? Now that's going to be an issue. I'm participating in a lot of events in this year's GT so hopefully this one will be good and be able to be submitted before deadline :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
The more I think about it the more I wanna try. I have a very basic idea but that's about it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
ok i did end up writing it all out properly now it just needs a day or so to incubate before an editing pass ✌️

Back