• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Admit your faults

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
  • Nice is good, but it's never good to let people treat you like a doormat. I guess it just takes recognizing when someone is clearly trying to take advantage of you. Do you act on these grudges in any way? I believe in forgiveness, but I also never forget what someone did. As long as you don't try to strike them back, I don't see any problem with holding a grudge.

Being nice to everyone is a good way to live, but because I'm not very outspoken people can see it as weakness. I think its petty to get back at people but holding grudges makes me more bitter, but I am always getting better at letting go of the negative feelings.

Bay

Years
  • I can get jealous and compare myself to others very easily. If, say, someone is more sociable/likable and such I would wonder if there's something wrong with me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Try thinking of times where people didn't bother considering your opinion and think about how that made you feel. How could they have treated you better? If you have the answer to that, can you do the same?

You're actually the cutest. And yes, I have been trying to do exactly that. I've been getting better.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Maybe try humbling yourself, you're only one person out of billions. The impulsive part is difficult, but maybe try rewarding yourself whenever you resist an impulse. After rewarding yourself enough times, it becomes easier to resist the impulsion. How does it make you feel when someone is condescending to you? Do you really want to make other people feel the same way?

My particular arrogance is less about being 'right' or above other people, but more to do with how I perceive myself as having put an acceptable level of confidence into my thoughts that other people have not, and being disappointed when someone does not share that level of self-determination. I am generally well-measured in my opinions and have a pretty good reputation for objectiveness and fairness, but the lack of humility kicks in when it comes to asserting my thoughts - the assumption that my thoughts deserve to be heard, no exceptions. I focus on humbling myself in the idea that not every realm, not every discussion, needs my input.

As for impulsiveness, that's something I'm far more successful in wrangling control over. It's more a matter of caring that I'm giving in to impulsive behaviour, rather than actively trying to assert control over it and failing. I'd say I'm successful probably 80% of the time.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i get my feelings hurt easily, i care too much about what others think, im rude a lot of the time without realizing, and i hold onto shit from the past too much

Years
  • ^ Can relate to that perfectly. I care what others think about me too much. Honestly most of the time when someone says something totally awful about me it's not even true anyway, so I don't know why it has to bother me the way it does.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I have a lot of faults, but the biggest one that I find I have is my awkwardness around new people.

Years
  • Maybe you should try getting into debating?.

jVd5kX9.png

Mission accomplished!

pkmin3033

I've seen you have a sense of humor, making others laugh is positive. :D

You're here talking to people. I don't care what people say, friends are friends, regardless of circumstances, including online friends. The world can look really dark sometimes, but it's not all like that. It all depends on what you focus on. If you had a good dinner, that was good, yes? So there is good. Of course you could just focus on part of it and pick out the bad parts of it. But why not just consider that the glass is both half empty and half full at the same time? It's not all positive, but it's not all negative either, it's both. :D
    I know friends are friends. I just don't have any at all, not online or offline. I wasn't excluding any particular group of people from that. Saying "everyone hates me" is a bit dramatic, but...well, people either hate me or they don't know me. Honestly I don't tend to look at small things - it doesn't really matter if something small is positive when the important things you want to focus on are all universally negative and crushing you relentlessly underneath them, does it? You can have a good dinner, but it doesn't really matter at all when you have no source of income, could be thrown out onto the streets any day, when your laptop is dying and you can't afford to replace it, and you could be dead within a few years due to physical/mental health issues, does it? It doesn't really matter if the glass is half-empty or half-full when the contents are poisoned.

It's nice of you to try and inject some form of positivity into life, though.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Maybe meditation/breathing can work, I stated anger because I think it's the worst emotion, but I'm basically like that with all my emotions - sadness, anger, happiness, etc. I also complain a lot but I'm actively trying to bring solutions along with my complaints. At least at work.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I procrastinate a lot, and when I don't I bite off more than I can chew. I'm also a perfectionist, where in my mind it's everything or nothing. I'm also way too nice and I always trust people until they prove to me that they shouldn't be trusted. And when that happens I hold a grudge for life. xD

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Years
  • Hmm... if I had to give myself a fault, it's that I'm not much of a people person. I don't like putting in the effort it takes to maintain contact with people, so I simply drift away.

I kinda am similar in that aspect, I made some friends, but only few, but I don't get too attached though

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    As for impulsiveness, that's something I'm far more successful in wrangling control over. It's more a matter of caring that I'm giving in to impulsive behaviour, rather than actively trying to assert control over it and failing. I'd say I'm successful probably 80% of the time.
    I need to work on my own impulsiveness, especially when it comes to anger.

i get my feelings hurt easily, i care too much about what others think, im rude a lot of the time without realizing
    this me

Years
  • There are times when I think my attitude and lack of word filter could get me into trouble or hurt someone's feelings.

That being said, depending on the person, I could care less about hurting their feelings. That sounds harsh, but a couple of my friends deserve the harsh truth and I can sometimes be too blunt in that regard.

Along the same lines, my ex said that my attitude combined with my constant use of sarcasm comes off as disrespectful, which I can understand.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I tend to come off as callous towards people. Not out of any malicious intent, but I just move on from wanting to talk to people. What tends to happen is that one day I'll be talking to someone and spending a lot of time with them, and then suddenly I just stop talking to them with no explanation. I understand that this hurts the other person, but it's just something that I do.

Doing this has cost me several friendships. I do know how I can change it, but I don't feel like putting in the effort.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    While I have no troubles interacting with people and I don't consider myself shy at all, I have troubles making time to spend with my friends. When my friends organize something, I will most likely go, but I am never the one to organize anything unless it is my birthday party.

I am also the kind of people who get soooo absorbed into doing the things I like, it irritates me so much when people want to spend time with all the time and I hate it when people interrupt me when I'm doing something (like playing the violin). There's a few times a year when I will practice nonstop and basically ignore everyone around me. Making me stop or preventing me from continuing when I want to will result in me being annoyed and grumpy much more than what should be acceptable.

Back