• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"You know what really grinds my gears?"

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, what are your greatest pet peeves? What is it that really ticks you off?

I hate the fact that people make exercising sound so easy. I was chatting with a friend of mine and neighbor, and she was saying how easy it was and all that crap. Like, why don't you put yourself in my damn shoes before you judge what's easy for me and what's not? My doctor does this very same thing as well. I've already tried walking and all that stuff... it makes my back worse and worse each time. What makes them think that I'm not? Not only that... but having very bad mental health issues doesn't help me either. I can't just walk out my front door and NOT have some sort of meltdown or panic attack.

So yeah.

Last edited:

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Something more lighthearted: it's a huuuuge pet peeve of mine when someone calls an ape a monkey. I really can't stand it, holy crap. Do you see a tail?! No? THEN IT'S AN APE! It's weird to have this pet peeve since I don't do the same with other animals.
    Can't tell the difference between a crocodile and an alligator? Okay, cool.
    Mice and rats? Whatever, not a big deal.
    Monkey vs ape? *BREATHES HEAVILY IN ZOOLOGY*

Also people who cough or sneeze into their hands. PLEASE. STOP. COUGH OR SNEEZE INTO A DAB.

Years
  • i hate hearing people eat!! i realize this is definitely a cultural thing, but i just can't stand hearing people slurp soup, smack, or anything else like that. it irks me to my literal core.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    "LET PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS!"

let me be a hater wtf

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    i hate hearing people eat!! i realize this is definitely a cultural thing, but i just can't stand hearing people slurp soup, smack, or anything else like that. it irks me to my literal core.
    This. 100000% this. Misophonia, I believe it's called. But I hate hearing people eat and crunch and smack their lips and make really any eating mouthy noises. So gross.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    When people smoke... at all. They smell so bad, and spread it around.

Also bad hygiene v: when I'm forced to sit next to someone who clearly didn't wash themselves or their clothes. That's awful.

Years
  • Don't talk down to me. Don't act like you're better than me. Almost nothing is a quicker way to piss me off than doing one of those things.

Years
    • Online now
    Bringing home leftovers from a restaurant, and finding them gone the next morning. 😕

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    People who talk incessantly

Oop. This is me.

Anyways, it bothers me when people treat customer service people poorly. As someone who works in retail myself, I've encountered a multitude of rude, demanding customers and I have to clamp down on my tongue to not rip these people a new one. Or even worse, when I hear someone disrespecting another customer service employee, especially over something ridiculous, oh my god it drives me insane.

Like ok boomer, go pick up your kids from soccer practice.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    People who speak too fast, speak a lot, and speak very loud. All at the same time.

Also people that are like "Lmao how are introverts real, bro just talk to people lmao". Yeah sure, because I definitely chose to be completely insecure of myself when it comes to interact with others.

Last edited:

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • People that assume everyone enjoys physical contact (hugs), people that assume they can pet your animals without asking first, and poor hygiene. I can deal with these issues, they do not bother me on a severe level, but they can be quite tedious.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm with some of you on the hearing people when they eat. I have a friend who does that and it makes me wanna throat punch him...lol. The other is people who talk way to damn much and don't know when to shut up. Or they have to respond to every little thing. I have someone at work who is like that and we all wanna throat punch her as well. It gets to the point where we just hold the button down on our walkies so we don't have to hear her.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • When people ask for my opinion on something and then get mad at me when I give it. Like why did you ask then??

Last edited:
    Back