• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Will you pre-order?

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm just going to quietly express my surprise that people are willing to trust in reviews in this day and age...

I remember when IGN reviewed Explorers of Sky and only played until Apple Woods (a very early area). Then proceeded to give the entire game a 4.9/10.

Years
  • I know this may sound odd but I might wait to see what the preorder bonuses are before I decide.

Ohh good call, I didn't think to include that in the first post! I know a lot of people value that, nowadays especially.

I don't think I'll pre-order, but only because I'm used to just downloading games off the eshop right at midnight lol. Especially right now, when buying things in person is harder (and Amazon shipping can sometimes be delayed).

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I was never interested in pre-ordering a game and this one won't be an exception. I suppose I've never seen the appeal to getting a game on day 0 and the extra stuff for pre-ordering never really interested me, anyway.

Years
  • Okay, i'm in a "unique" position when it comes to pre-ordering Legends Arceus. First, I need to know if this game will carry over ALL my Pokemon from the 3DS era as well as LGP and Sword, so it depends if I need to do a quick transfer to (do I dare say it) Pokemon Home when the servers for 3DS shut down.

Well I guess i'm gonna wait for that piece of information before pre-ordering it, cause I do want a legit Rowlet (my starter in Legends) in my game. Let's hope the 3DS servers DON'T get shut down before 2021 ends. *sigh*

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Highly unlikely I'll pre-order. I think I can count the number of games I've pre-ordered on one hand.

I will definitely keep up to date with new information as the game approaches release date. If it looks great before then, I'll buy on release, or a few days prior to have Amazon ship on release. Otherwise I may wait and see what the general consensus is.

To be fair, I bought Pokemon Sword on release hoping for some great things. I was severely disappointed.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • For me it depends on whether or not there's any benefit to pre-ordering the game. If they come out with some fancy collector's edition... I'll probably end up grabbing a couple as long as I've got the money for it.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I don't pre-order games, but do know that I am very much looking forward to this game. In fact, it is the most exciting future title aside from BOTW2. I'll probably do like I did with Shield and Animal Crossing New Horizons and purchase it digitally right before release so it downloads early and I can play it on time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm 100% waiting until after this game comes out to hear everyone's thoughts. I have zero faith in game freak and this kind of game seems like a lofty task for them.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Most likely not. While it (art direction) does look promising and I am thankful they are making an effort to try something new, my interest in the new Pokémon games is still at a low point plus it's still unknown how the game will actually play. Also, I will be busy with school so no time to play it (and if I wanted to play a game, it would be another game or FF14 with a free-).

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    No. Lacks much disposable income. Knows too little. Sets a high bar for purchases. Doubts even purchasing it at this point.

Years
  • I don't really pre-order games. There's rarely any real benefit to it. I'll just grab it when I have the money available after it comes out.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I really must know three things about the game before I buy it.

1. Shiny hunting methods/if shinies are in the game
    2. Throwing mechanic. I despise the lets go throwing mechanic
    3. Can Pokemon flee at any time during battle. In the old games Pokemon could only flee if they broke out of the ball. Lets Go introduced a horrible flee mechanic.

Years
  • Well, I think this game for now seems to be really unique in the pokemon series and may offer a totally new experience. Personally, just this convinces me to buy it and if i want to buy it, it means I have to pre-order it to get it day 1, if i can. It could be such an amazing thing that I may think to buy the jap version, it always has its own aesthetic lol. Anyway, we still have some trailers before pre-orders, therefore my decision will be mainly based on what these trailers will show me

Years
  • gonna wait for more information first. i don't usually jump on preorders unless i'm genuinely excited for the game im going to get, and a lot is unknown about L:A.

Years
  • I am for sure going to preorder my copy of this game. I am looking to maybe do so via the eShop or Amazon.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I very rarely pre-order, but I do often go in-person to buy on release day. Did that for the S/M games, Let's Go game and SwSh. SwSh was an utter disappointment though and I'm kinda less hyped about these next releases as a result. I won't pre-order L:A, and I'm feeling it might be best to wait to see the initial reaction from the community.

Years
  • Most likely, I would like to see one more trailer in a couple of months to see the polish, though. I was pretty against ordering BDSP but I thought it looked so good in the newest trailer that I preordered the double pack (corporate shill!).

Years
  • I'll probably do like I did with Shield and Animal Crossing New Horizons and purchase it digitally right before release so it downloads early and I can play it on time.
    This is what I am considering doing with both BP and this game. I may just preorder digitally so it downloads early. So many options and ideas to consider.. lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    nah, I learned my lesson with biomutant, and I'm never doing that again.
    I never did it before that, but I got caught up in the hype.

I'll still probably get it early on, but Im in a bit of a slump I guess as its also been hard for me to stay interested in most games.

Years
  • nah, I learned my lesson with biomutant, and I'm never doing that again.
    I never did it before that, but I got caught up in the hype.

I'll still probably get it early on, but Im in a bit of a slump I guess as its also been hard for me to stay interested in most games.

Gotta admit I am the same with staying interested in most games. I'm all for trying this game and hopefully not losing interest.

Back