• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Signature (Handwriting)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • I know cursive is dead, but how do you sign your things? My is practically illegible tbh because I just want to get it over with.

pkmin3033

I have a cursive signature that's a blend of my birth name and last name, but it's more out of necessity than anything else. Unfortunately being an adult requires signing documents, and I'm too paranoid about people signing things in my name to just sign things in block capitals or something. I know forging signatures is a thing, but doing so requires a little extra effort, and I can't imagine people would bother doing it when I don't deal in large sums of money (at least not on a personal level) or anything.

I have an e-mail signature as well, but that's primarily for work, or business-related e-mails I sent via my Outlook account when I'm making personal inquiries. That's just my name, qualifications, and contact telephone number.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Cursive might be dead in the US, partly because US teachers killed it, but it's not dead in loads of other countries.

So my signature like most other signatures in my country is written in cursive.

My rubric on the other hand, that's mostly an illegible scribble because that's more or less the point of rubrics, I guess.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • My signature is a W with a flourish around it. If you look at my IDs through the ages, you'll see a process in which I progressively cut down as much from my name as possible and instead made my flourish more complex. Who needs the actual name, anyway?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Uses standard cursive of first and last name. Writes all the letters as well as cursive allows.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • My last name is too long to fit in most document boxes 😅 So I'm still trying to find a signature that joins my first initial with some of my last name in a way that looks nice and makes sense. Someday I will find my signature scribble!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The first two letters of my first name is in cursive and the last name is basically just a horizontal line. xD

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
  • Mine is cursive. I was always taught that it was the "only way you can write", and that is "the right way". I sometimes write in non-cursive, but I only sign with it. I think it's fancy.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • simply my first and last initial in what could generously be called cursive. my name long as heck i aint writin that out

Years
  • I've come up with a gnarly design that wraps my initials into a star, with a touch of flair of course to make it harder to replicate.

Years
  • My signature used to be my first and middle initial plus last name, then it turned into just my first initial and part of my last name, now it's just a really lazy first/last initial that looks more like numbers than letters.

Outside of that, I do pride myself on having pretty decent cursive, and try to use it any time I write something for someone, since I don't like my printing. Dunno why I can't be bothered to use it for my signature though.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I sign my name (for legal documents and such) with first and last name in cursive. Nothing too out of the ordinary. When I sign my art, I just do my first and last initials (AH) followed by ~♡. I connect the line in the middle of the A and H and curve it up slightly.

Years
  • Same as RadEmpoleon. Simply name and last name in cursive, pretty easy. My handwriting tends to be really small and sometimes it is oblique kinda like Italics. In general when I take notes or something I have to be fast so I kinda mess up sometimes.

like this: (Notice that I didn't find a pen, so I used whatever I found lol)

Spoiler:

Years
  • My signature is in cursive, fun fact it is the only thing I can write in cursive. I forgot how most of the letters are in cursive since I never used cursive even though I was taught it in the 3rd grade.

Back