• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu clones/electric rodents, yes or no?

Years
  • What do you think of these guys? Do you like them, don't think much about them, or maybe don't like them altogether? People who wouldn't mind seeing more, do you have any ideas for electric rodents down the line?

Years
  • Raichu/Alolan Raichu are the only Pikachu clones I like. I also like Marill and Azumarill and I'm not sure if they count as a Pikachu clone or not. The anime made Emolga and Pachirizu so spoiled and I wasn't able to like them.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Varies. Dislikes the early ones (Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu) and Dedenne. Functions too similarly to normal Pikachu, but without special hold items.

Feels neutral towards Emolga. Sees a flying squirrel more than a mouse.

Enjoyed using Togedemaru in Alola. Gave it the tools to separate itself from the pack. Could be very annoying with Iron Barbs + Spiky Shield + Rocky Helmet OR with para-flinching (or some combination of the two). Absorbed a lot of Electric attacks too, via Lightning Rod. Get wrecked, Tapu Koko. Cannot obtain an Electric-nullifying ability on any other Pikachu clones in a normal playthrough. Made all of them Hidden Abilities.

Never tried out Morpeko. Appears to learn moves other than a laundry list of Electric attacks. Suffices. (Dislikes Aura Wheel's level, though. 55?)

Does not consider Mimikyu a Pikachu clone. Wears its face. Possesses a similar stat spread, albeit with more Special Defense. Ends there on similarities.

Years
  • I don't think much about them, but tbh at this point they're just wasted Pokedex space. Like, they're only shoe-horned in for the sake of tradition. I wouldn't mind the next gen not having them, or replacing it with a more unique non-evolving mon altogether.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Pachirisu at one point was my favourite Pokémon, and has a special place in my heart to this day. I absolutely adore this electric squirrel and always will!! I grew up alongside Pachirisu whilst watching the DP anime, and have many wonderful memories of Pachirisu performing upon the contest stage with Dawn. I instantaneously fell in love with Pachirisu and the rest is history.

Pachirisu is the sole Pikachu-clone that I can confidently say is among my favourite Pokémon. However, I do like the others as well! Emolga is my second-favourite, I'd say!! I'm a sucker for flying types and its cuteness is overwhelming!! Dedenne is a very close third!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    It reminds me of the old meme "why not use Electric types? we have..."
    -Pikachus
    -Electric dogs
    -Animated objects :)

I normally ignore them. Used Togedemaru once because my initial idea was Magnezone but my team already had three special attackers. Also considered using Dedenne in one of my playthroughs because its typing had good synergy with some of my team, but changed my mind at the end.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Indifferent. They feel more like mandatory tradition than anything useful at this point.
    Morpeko's ability makes it extremely annoying to fight with or against as it will continuously go off every dang turn making me wanna kill faint it as fast as possible.
    They're all cute, but bland imo.

I do like Mimkyu, but I'm not sure that's considered a pikachu clone.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I enjoy Pichu (and Raichu) and Pachirisu, but I'm neutral about the others. Except Morpeko. Don't like Morpeko.

How about a bat Pikaclone? I know bats aren't rodents, but they are sometimes referred to as "flying mice." Or an Electric/Fire red-crested tree-rat. I also wouldn't mind seeing an evolving Pikaclone for a change.

Last edited:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Well... let's just say I enjoy the "possibly not a Pikaclone" Pikaclones more than the official ones. I adore Kantonian Raichu and kinda like Alolan Raichu as well - but they both evolve from Pikachu. The Marill line I haven't used properly yet, but they're really cute. And Mimikyu... that needs no explanation. Best Pokémon ever.

If we're talking strictly Pikaclones though, Togedemaru is my favourite. It's a little bundle of joy that also packs a punch that other Pikaclones don't have. Mimikyu far outclasses it, but Togedemaru is the one I've found most useful so far. Plus, Sophocles's Togedemaru in the anime was ridiculously adorable, which contributed to my love of it!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm gonna have to reply with a pretty indifferent mehhhhh on this one.

Years
  • I'm torn, because I kinda like the idea of it, but Plusle/Minun/Pachirisu are pretty pointless. After that, they each had a bit of a gimmick; Emolga can fly, Dedenne gets Cheek Pouch and Fairy Stab, Togedemaru is actually kinda usable, and Morpeko is just uniquely temperamental.

But I reckon I'd have preferred them to give us a new elemental rodent in each generation; in Gen 2 we got Marill, perhaps gen 3 could've given us a Fire mouse, gen 4 a Grass mouse, etc.

Years
    • Seen today
    I love Pikachu and Raichu, but I don't like the Pikaclone trend. Marill and Azumarill are cute and useful, and Mimikyu too, but ever since Gen 3, we've got a weak single-stage Electric type rodent every generation. Pachirisu, Togedemaru, and Morpeko are cute, but I wish they weren't Pikaclones.

TepigLover101

I am a tepig who has hair
    Years
  • I love them!
    I think they're all cute and at this point I feel like it's just a tradition for nintendo to make more and more
    My fav is pachiru because adorable

Years
  • I enjoy Pichu (and Raichu) and Pachirisu, but I'm neutral about the others. Except Morpeko. Don't like Morpeko.

How about a bat Pikaclone? I know bats aren't rodents, but they are sometimes referred to as "flying mice." Or an Electric/Fire red-crested tree-rat. I also wouldn't mind seeing an evolving Pikaclone for a change.

lol, I didn't care much for it either until I watched the anime, it's actually pretty cute there!

An electric bat sounds awesome though - definitely unique compared to what we've mostly gotten so far. Would love to see it!

Meanwhile I'd be interested in seeing a capybara pikaclone, with it being in the rodent family and being so curious on how they'd make it cute lol.

CZL

Years
  • i like them, i think there's enough rodents in the world and electric is cool enough of a type that they can be pretty fun and unique.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • I wish they did more creative things with them, like more clones that are different types or based on other rodents. While it's debatable if they count Marill and Mimikyu are my favorite Pikachu clones and I also have a soft spot for Emolga.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    i guess its probably more of an meh to indiferent, i guess the only one i like (apart from the pikachu line itself) its emolga, i dont consider mimikyu to be a pikaclone so i wont count it :P
    i just wish they were more diferent than just being a pikachu clone, pokemons like pawmi genuinely looks like wasted dex space to me, maybe if they evolved they would be more interesting.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I never cared about any sort of Pikachu clone. Also, Pichu and Raichu are not Pikachu clones. They are literally part of Pikachu's evolutionary line. To fit the criteria of a Pikachu clone, it must be fully or partially Electric-type, does not evolve, have a base stat total of 405-428 or so, look similar and share a similar size to Pikachu, and can learn the move Nuzzle in the later generations. The only Pikachu clone that I could say that I liked was Emolga and actually used one on one of my teams before. It has a good type combination that renders it immune to Ground-type moves, which is very useful for Electric-types.

Back