• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

genuine question for the OT crowd/lurkers

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    this is just for sheer curiosity
    other mods do NOT move this thread!

do y'all still play and/or care about pokemon or nah
    are you posting around here more for nostalgia or because you still have an active interest in playing the games?

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I'd play out of pure fun, nostaliga and things like that, but I have no money to buy the games.
    If I were to make a list of favorite games there are just one or two that I would list, but they are spin-offs

And well... I don't post around here much :thonk:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    nostalgia

swsh were a complete disappointment (or maybe im finally outgrowing the games)

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • I'm still actively interested, though mostly through the creative side of the franchise. I go bouts of being hyped and calm towards the main games when they're initially release, but I still always go back to Pokemon fanfiction even when I take breaks from that too.

pkmin3033

Still play, unable to stop. Wish I could, but I get anxious thinking about it. I hate what Pokemon has become, but I cannot stop buying and playing the games for some reason.

Maybe I just like complaining about them.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Right now I'm experiencing "Franchise Fatigue" with the games and it didn't help that Sword and Shield were completely underwhelming games. However, I still have a lingering interest in the series just because I love the monster designs and I still make fan art of them plus I still collect the TCG.

User Anon 1848

I've had almost no interest for the past two generations but I still appreciate the older games and enjoy talking about them so throw me in with the nostalgia crowd. I like keeping tabs on the anime too, or at least what avid watchers have to say about it.

Years
    • Online now
    My interest fell off for a while but now I'm heavily into Gen 4. I started playing Gen 4 OU on showdown, then started watching the Sinnoh anime, then started playing Platinum.

Years
  • i get super hyped for a game's release, play it, and then never finish it. i still haven't finished Shield a month later orz. Ultra Moon is still in its box, and I think I barely beat the E4. somehow I just lose interest.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I haven't bought any of the games since Heart Gold. It was partly due to interest loss and partly because of having other priorities. I sometimes still play on emulators, though.

Mostly I still enjoy the characters and Pokémon designs/concepts. And I watched The XY seasons for a time and then the Sun/Moon seasons, but I haven't really kept up with the swsh Pokémon except for the starters' first stage, Corviknight, the Fox Pokémon and Woloo. Plus the galarian forms.

As for why I post in this community (if I understood the question correctly) it's more because it's a friendly place with a good variety of topics to talk about besides just Pokémon.

Years
  • Hmm. It's an interesting thread. I love Pokemon in general, and I still have yet to play gen 8 despite it's mixed bag reviews. i have some Pokemon games for the 3DS both physical and digital (Silver, Crystal, X, Omega Ruby, Ultra Moon) and two older games that I own a cartridge of for some odd reason (Blue, Emerald). My favorite regions are Johto and Kalos. I like the creative side of the fandom, though I am a silent lurker in the art topics, I love looking at the art. I also like the community here at PC specifically the Chit chat topic. I try to be active on there but it's hard sometimes. Idk....

Both tbh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I still love pokemon as a concept and world, it's a great RP setting, base for fiction and art and other such creative endeavors. But I feel like Ultra Moon might end up being the last game I bought. Or... sinnoh remakes...

I'm chatting more nonpokemon things through this community than pokemonstuff.

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hell yeah. i dont know what it is about the pokemon game formula, but it keeps me interested each time, even though i know theres probably nothing new.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I think I will always have an interest in Pokémon—it hasn't faded yet and won't anytime soon! I can't play any Switch releases until I've bought the console but I do get incredibly hyped when new games come out. If the next batch are Sinnoh remakes, I'd be ecstatic about that!

In fact, I'm interested enough that I'm thinking of writing fanfics again. I just don't have a lot of time for games lately, unlike the old days. :<

Back