• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dear Anonymous, (Roaring 20's)

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    DA,

Firstly, thank you. For real. Were it not because of you I wouldn't be where I am right now, so I'm being really sincere when I say I'm really grateful to you.

Secondly, you have no idea how disappointed I was when you started to show your true colors. Now that people are starting to figure out your bullshit, I won't stand by your side if things go the way they should. Whatever happens, you brought it upon yourself.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    DA,

I really do not appreciate after all these years suddenly being told that I'm "not dependable" and that "there's issues with the quality of" my work

fuck off

Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

You're a lot cooler than I thought. I came into this line of work thinking you'd be another one of those suck up higher-ups who treat the people they manage like shit. Turns out you're very forgiving and can relate to my struggles with covid right now, and this gives me so much more mental clearance to keep riding out this illness for a bit longer until I'm fully healed enough to confidently go back to the microphone and do my job. Props to you man, I'll admit I was quite wrong about you. I hope this cool attitude of yours stays. Cheers.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Anon,

I see so much good. I really do. I don't even have to try very hard. The effort and drive, amazing! Wonderful! I wish it from more people, and I mourn the loss of that aspect of you.

But you had to be better for it to last.

I admit that the word betrayal isn't quite right- or shouldn't be. I was not so personally hurt (or was I?). But disappointing is dispassionate, and I am not a dispassionate person. So betrayal it is- a betrayal of expectations, of high regard, of the kindness and respect bestowed. It must be, yes?

It must be my fault, for bestowing such in the first place. But how could it be? Everyone deserves these things, and I give them. You deserved these things- so I thought. So I continue to think, every time I see your work.

And then I blink, and see the tarnish once again.

You had the tools, the knowledge, the skills. You could have easily invested in some polish.

You didn't.

I mourn that choice.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    deer anonymoose,

it is increasinly hard to celebrate ur well deserved successes when u so frequently will not share the same interest in mine! >:(

love,
    inky

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

A few months ago, I could have written a much longer message to you detailing every single little thing you'd done to undermine my confidence while we were still "friends" - actually, when I was still your lost little puppy. Tonight, however, I realized something.

I no longer care enough about you to write a message longer than this.

Fuck off.

-Vi

Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

If I've upset you then please just tell me next time. I'm autistic so I don't pick up on every social cue, but in this case I don't even think I can blame that.

I literally haven't got the faintest idea what's going on. 😞

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

I hope you enjoyed your summer vacation overseas. You said that we were going to link up again when you returned home. However, you never contacted me. I assume it's because you're much busier since school is back in session again. I understand. I'm busy these days as well, trying to balance in some entertainment along with life's necessities, but in a serene and tranquil way, as you know. Either way, I hope you didn't forget about me. Please hit me up when you get a chance.

Sincerely,

Serenity

Years
  • Dear Anonymous 1,

Illness is always cruel, but it seems especially so when it's you. Just get better. Please <3

Dear Anonymous 2,

You think I don't know what's going on, but I could tell straight away. I always can.

I'm not the broken little girl I was before, I fight now, and I won't let you hurt anyone else. Not this time.

Years
  • DA1:
    Please don't kick me out of dayhab. I know that my behavior hasn't been the greatest, but i'd be lost without it. I'm so nervous about returning home from vacation and not having it. I thought of emailing you, but dad said to leave it alone. So i'm following his advice. Just don't make me regret coming home. By the way, I want to request a job skills goal for my life planning meeting in February. You probably know why.

DA2:
    Well, you may not understand LGBTQ+, but I think I like you like you. If you accept me as your significant other, i'll do my best to take care of you and never break your heart. Oh, and I really meant it when I told your mom you were a good actress. I'm happy you got that part in our dayhab play. You deserved it. Just a shame I can't see it. I hope i'm still in your van when I return from my vacation.

DA3:
    I'm sorry I broke your heart last year, but i'm glad we're still able to remain friends. I'm looking forward to our day out on December 10th. You will always be my great friend. Oh, your mom is awesome too, but you already know I think that. Also, good luck looking for a job in the near future.

Retek

Banned
    Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

I'm tired. Tired of repeated failures. I know it's just school and life is much larger than this but, if I fail at this, then I'm honestly scared for what is to come.

I'm devoid of happiness, devoid of joy. Even the slightest success at ANYTHING scares me, feeling it's but an omen of worse things to come. I am not, and cannot be happy like this.

I always think that I'll do better the next time, but no matter whatever I do, failure creeps up on me again and again.

It's probably the reason I don't connect with my peers or my IRL friends anymore. I just feel I am nothing compared to them.

To wish for a listener at this point is... meaningless, with everyone dealing with their own battles.

Still I... I just wish I had someone to be loved by or to take care of, someone to be a shoulder for me, and for me to be a shoulder of.

Guess being pushed away by others, trying to find that person is all that's in store for me for now.

... I'll keep trying.

Last edited:

Retek

Banned
    Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

Why...

Why are you like this? Why are you this insensitive person who only cares for their personal benefit and then fucking throws me away like I was nothing? When you're in pain and I try to be there for you, you push me away. You have a petty mood and you just start giving me the silent treatment for absolutely NO FUCKING REASON. WHAT IN THE FUCKING WORLD IS MY FAULT THAT SO OFFENDED YOUR ARROGANT SELF?

YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH IT HURTS TO BE SCREAMING AT A PERSON WHILE THEY JUST CARRY ON INSENSITIVELY, AND VICTIMIZING THEMSELVES IN A CONFLICT?!

I sometimes feel like letting you know that I want to be there for you, but stuff like this makes me feel like I mean absolutely nothing to you.

Alright then. The next time you wanna tell me something, you'll be talking to a wall. You wanna ignore me? You're more than welcome to do so.

I have been mistreated not just by you, but many, many, many people.

This will happen no longer, mark my words.

Fuck off.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

Everyday you try your darnest. Every day you do the best that you can. Every day you struggle but you judge every one of your actions so unreasonably strictly that you can't see the good that you do. The smile you put on the faces of others. How hard you work to achieve things.

You work hard, you smile hard. All so people don't see the sadder parts of you. Of course you'd break at some point. Anyone would.

But it's time to stop. Stop being so mean to yourself. So I'll relay a message that you tell everyone but somehow refuse to tell yourself: You're human. Humans are allowed to make mistakes. Try to learn from it, that's all you need to do.

Also, stop telling yourself they don't like you.

Also the reason you use the vent channel so much is because you don't tell anyone anything so you don't feel heard and it's actually a natural, logical and human reaction from your brain and I know you know this because you study the human brain and psychology a lot so hurdur please start applying these flowery messages to yourself as well you dipshit.

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Heyoooo Ano.

Look. I'm glad you're trying to improve on yourself and make things work, it makes me glad- no really, I'm happy to see you're making an effort. But you see, while I did see the possibility of this hurdle coming from a mile away, it doesn't mean I was ready whenever it did come knocking at my door.

Anyway.

I'm trying to get out of this cage you have built around me. And while at first it seemed as if you were opening it with me, almost convincing me that perhaps you were making progress, now that I'm finally flying and getting to meet new people and have friends, something I've been craving for such a long time, you're having doubts.

However.

Unlike before, where I would relent and agree to cut off these individuals to fall victim to your jealousy and possessive nature, you attempted to politely convince me to cut off contact again and, well, it kinda didn't work. Not this time. You tried a bit harder again and, well, again I didn't budge.

You now regret it. But. Well, I kinda want friends. So.

I'll keep them.

Years
  • Dear Anonymous,

That was cold. I knew you hated me, but that was too much.

Why do you get so much joy out of seeing me in pain? Please just let go of whatever this is and go and be happy. Life is too short.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    da,

I really miss you, more than words can say on their own. I hope you're doing well, though. Love you lots <3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    da,

I know you don't think you deserve it, but you've had it so incredibly rough and yet you are so extremely caring and sweet, that I just really wish that you get to catch a break and get to relax soon. x

da,

I've moved on. Please do it too.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • DA,

for the love of the holiest of raidraptors stop thinking the world only revolves around YOU. Mom and dad are gone for the weekend and you instantly bring the drama to the house, our dog barks once and what do you do? YOU KICK HIM OUTSIDE AND LOCK HIM UP, so he will just bark outside 24/7 so the whole neighbourhood gets annoyed.
    And then the world is way too small when I am gonna let him back in to take him upstairs cause boo-hoo feelings gone owie with your partner. You seem to talk mad trash for me being single yet you seem to have the most issues with your own relationship than I have with being single lmao.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Dear Stranger,

I thought I knew you once before you disappeared. You came back on your hands and knees and I foolishly forgave you. I thought I knew you after that, until you made me stray. I woke up one day to find you'd gone as everything crashed down on me. I thought I knew you yet again when you returned to me, asking about my life and how things have gone since you left.

But I never truly knew you. Through all the reasons laid out before me to never text you back, send pictures, or video chat, I did it anyway. I longed for how you made me feel, like taking away the person from the romance. Because I didn't want you. I never wanted you. I only wanted those feelings to burn bright, and they did. After every time you faded away, whenever you returned, it was like going back to our honeymoon phase all over again.

I tried to defend you. "We've been through so much," I'd say, as if it was some kind of badge of honor. I wanted that angst-filled romance—the darkness and the fairytale. I thought fighting for you was romantic, but I realize now how one-sided the battle was. Because only I was fighting. You sat back and let me do the heavy lifting, and when I fell before you soaked in blood and tears and sweat, you shrugged and walked away. Over. And over.

So the last time we spoke, when you had been dumped, I let you cry on my shoulder in the hopes that we could rekindle that romance. Of course, I was already in a relationship, and tried to ignore those feelings, but in retrospect I see now what I was trying to achieve. It makes me feel so dirty and disgusting to know what I was subconsciously doing. I was doing what I'd been trained to do.

Like a dog following its master, I rolled over for you. Then you plunged a knife into my belly. When I begged for relief, you twisted the blade and laughed in my face, then came to my side with a first aid kit to heal the wounds you'd caused. I didn't see it then, but I see it now. I see the scars from these wounds that I tried to hide or play off as if they were all my fault. I refused to let you take the blame. I wanted to protect you, because I saw you as something you weren't.

While I thought you were a gorgeous oak tree, so sturdy and full of life—so willing to be my anchor—as the haze cleared I saw that you were the strangler fig around its trunk. You sucked the life out of that tree, leaving it as a wilted husk of what it used to be, then used its corpse to your advantage.

But the haze hadn't cleared for a long time. Even several months after I finally put my foot down and left you, I defended you from my friend. I told him that you "weren't all bad" and that you "didn't mean to hurt me". I was spitting lies to hide my pain, but I'm sure he saw right through me.

I wish I could've seen through you, too. I wish I hadn't ever given you another chance after your own heartbreak. I should've left you in the dust like you'd left me countless times. But I waited until my heart was pounded into the ground by you yet again.

You knew it would hurt me, getting into a new relationship. You didn't even tell me that you'd been dating her for a few months because you, in your own words, "didn't want to upset [me]". I remember that conversation so clearly because you might as well have torn my heart out of my chest and minced it into beef right before my eyes.

I tried not to let it bother me. I tried to have fun just being friends. But I always had this ill-gotten feeling toward you, of my foolishly placed love. I couldn't do it anymore. And I shouldn't have done it at all. I should've kicked you to the curb long before any of that, but I tortured myself.

When you said you were flying out to see her, after you'd teased doing the same to me so many years ago but never followed through, I felt so low, like I wasn't good enough for you. That I'd never been good enough for you. That you'd been using me for pleasure all those years and kept leading me on because you knew I was wrapped around your finger.

And I was. I had been for a long, long time. So long that I'd become fused to that finger and neither of us could detach me. No matter how many times you tried to flick me off like a disgusting leech, no matter how many times I tried to pry myself off like I was being held down by chains. I was stuck. Stuck on you, on those first feelings of love, on the drama and despair and longing and grief and every feeling in between.

I couldn't abandon those feelings, but you had no problems abandoning me. You had no qualms about leaving me in the dust, breaking me down, and letting me pick up the pieces. I'm sure you've moved on well, haven't you? I'm sure you're going about your life not thinking about me at all, content. You probably think all is fine and dandy and that I'm not still reeling over everything you put me through. Do you think that we left each other on a good note? Because I don't.

[Codicil]
    Dear Stranger,

You tried to take everything from me. You tormented me and danced me around like a marionette, laughing and orchestrating everything. And you thought that I would linger on this. But I haven't thought about you in ages. I've been living my own life, enjoying my hobbies, all while in an actual loving relationship full of romance and compassion and understanding.

You could never give these things to me. I never should've expected them from you. And now I don't. The real kicker? I hope you're living a good life. Not because my poor bleeding heart couldn't stand to see you suffer, but because I've let go of the bitterness and despair. I don't think about you or your girlfriend. I don't think about the things we supposedly had. I don't think about the unreality I'd cultivated for myself, over and over every time you burned down my garden and I was forced to start again from the ashes.

I have my own life filled with support and kindness. I have my own relationship with someone who would do anything for me to see me happy, someone who doesn't flake out on me, someone who follows through with promises and speaks with honesty. Maybe you'll grow up and figure out how to be that kind of man, instead of just the sad, scared little boy you act like, clinging onto any iota of affection even if you don't reciprocate it. Until then, I've let you go.

You tried to take everything from me. But you failed.

Back