• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fitness/exercise

Years
  • Let's talk fitness!

Do you exercise? Keep in mind even walking is considered exercise - it isn't limited to only more intense things. How often? Do you want to try exercising more in the future? Do you have any weight goals?

Years
    • Seen today
    I use the Ring Fit Adventure game for Switch sometimes. I'm around World 8. It's for fun and I don't have a particular goal.

I also found out at my doctor's appointment that I gained 10lbs from an anxiety medication. No issue with it. At first it was a bit peculiar because I hadn't gained anything in a long time.

Bay

Years
  • Last summer I bought a stationary bike and would use it for 15min-30min with a short few minute break in between almost each day. I was doing some light weights for a few months but fell off hard on that so I might pick that up. I also used to doing 10min walks in the morning but when winter hit I stopped because it got too cold lol.

Years
  • I've given weightlifting a bit of a break atm because there seems to be smth wrong with my arms where my biceps getting painful when I do curls. And not the regular workout pain, something different altogether. Gonna get this checked out sometime soon.

For the meantime, I walk around as much as I can.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'm on and off when it comes to exercising. I'll start a regimen and then keep at it for a few weeks to a few months before something throws me off (usually depression). My weight has been unstable because of it. I'd like to get down to 130-135 lbs. Been running on my treadmill for a month, doing some light yoga, squats, and general calisthenics. Trying to go for about 10-15 minutes of exercise every day. I also count calories on occasion and tend to eat anywhere from 1700-2100 in one day, average of about 1900.

I do enjoy the running to some extent. It's nice to feel accomplished in the morning, but it is certainly a lot of hard work. So far, I've not seen any progress toward my weight goal but our scale has been dead and we haven't had the chance to put in new batteries. I'm afraid to fix it and see that I've not made any progress at all, rip. OTL

Years
  • I've been doing walks for a while and recently I've started doing Ring Fit. I've been pretty limited because of my health problems so it feels good to be doing that little bit more again.

Years
  • I typically walk a lot because I don't have a car, so if I want to go anywhere it's either that or take the bus, but I want to walk more though because I haven't been walking much the past year, I haven't been as active as I should be. My apartment complex has a treadmill on each floor of the building for tenants to use. I'm planning on getting back to walking on that for 45 minutes a day several times a week. I want to lose 40lbs, and eat healthier, less sugar. I have a pair of 8lb weights I use sometimes and some resistance bands too, I also need to start using those more.

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    i took the week off bc of a foot injury but hopefully i can get back into the groove of working out tomorrow!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I mostly take walks and do cardio nowadays. I try to do them almost daily but it's not always possible.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I do a lot of running or hiking. I used to have an intense routine of doing a 10km run every 2 days and hiking on the weekends. But then I had surgery and I haven't really ever fully got back into it since... I'm starting to properly run more but have to rebuild a lot of my stamina. Sometimes I also have to pause or take a break from my workout routine more than I like because muscles will act up or I won't feel well. But I aim for every 2nd day if possible :'D It's not always realistic with my schedule so I just try to fit in anything where I can.

I don't think I'm going back to 10km runs regularly outside of fun runs or going with family but I would like to start running outside again properly. I also got invited by my friend to play team sports with them which should be fun but I need to work on my fitness before then haha.

Years
  • I just walk, which I can do for a surprisingly long time.
    In the winter, you can add snow shoveling.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I swim a few times per week, and when I can't for some reason, I do some Ring Fit. As well as walking at a good pace for at least 30 minutes per day.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • *sigh*

I've been meaning to sign up to the gym. I've got a bit of exercise equipment in my backyard but I can never find the motivation to use them after I've finished work for the day, it's always either PLONK down on the PC or in front of the TV with some food. I bring the shame to myself :C

Years
  • I never exercise at all tbh. I liked P.E as a kid, but then high school happened. I actually need to cancel my gym membership since I have no way of going there again.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    yea i have a weight goal
    i'm gonna start exercising again TOMORROW

promise!
    maybe

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • yea i have a weight goal

promise!
    maybe

I am also returning to the gym tomorrow! There's a special February Offer right now at a gym closer to home and further away from work, is $2 signing up fee for the month and I think it's only $17 weekly.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    My fiancé and I do a lot of walking!

…When it's not 20°F and we're not shoveling 8 inches of snow. Which is an awesome workout but, you know, I hate it! Otherwise we've got a small indoor gym that we've slowly accumulated pieces to from garage sales and curbside pickups over the years.

Years
  • I'm hoping to get started hitting the the gym sometime this week, or early next week. It's time to get in better shape.
    yea i have a weight goal
    I am also returning to the gym tomorrow! There's a special February Offer right now at a gym closer to home and further away from work, is $2 signing up fee for the month and I think it's only $17 weekly.
    Let's be workout buddies!

Back