• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you customize the forum and if so, how?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Playing around the options, I had literally no clue you could continue to customize this forum to such an extent. I thought it was just limited to the profile or at most, a simple color only reskin, but apparently you can re-skin the forum to a lot of different colors and to a lot of a somewhat different features too.

I liked the default, but I found some of the skins had better layouts for controls, and should probably work better mobile too. Haven't tried that yet though.

But, as you can guess with me, I found the Magma one, and while the banner is a bit mediocre, the dark red style and layout is something I like very much. It makes my profile and avatar/sig look even better, haha.

So, do you customize and if so, what do you prefer?

Years
    • Online now
    I keep the default theme. I've changed around, but didn't find anything I was happy with.

Years
  • I'm using the beta version of New PC (⌐□_□)
    Everyone's posts look really nice with their post flair decorations.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, I'm using New PC Beta as well. It's mobile friendly, something the old styles weren't really! It's also much more modern in feel even though it still has its small bugs and lack of a few features. Beta is a beta :3 I'm customizing my post flair a lot <3

Spoiler:

I also customized my profile page some years ago and never changed it again haha. It's cozy and I don't want it to change.

Other than that, I used the style Forever Standing in the past as it had a nice smooth feel and was updated with the newest PC links and buttons etc, which all old styles weren't for convenience.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • I haven't customized the forum much except for changing into a dark theme (Jupiter) since a whitish background is a bit hard on the eyes.
    The new beta thing sounds really neat, though I'm not completely sure if it's even available yet or if it's a mod-only feature or something.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The new beta thing sounds really neat, though I'm not completely sure if it's even available yet or if it's a mod-only feature or something.
    Right now the beta for the new UI is only available to staff and supporters. It'll be available to everyone eventually, just gotta work out the rest of the issues/finish it first.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • Right now the beta for the new UI is only available to staff and supporters. It'll be available to everyone eventually, just gotta work out the rest of the issues/finish it first.
    Thanks for the answer! I now saw the news post for the beta too and strongly considered donating, though It's too bad that I don't have the accepted ways of payment currently. :confused: I'll look into it though since the perks are tempting.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I've been using the PC Beta since it was released. :) There aren't any forum styles yet, but it's so sleek and clean and everyone's posts look spectacular with flairs!

To anyone who isn't using PC Beta, my theme probably looks super boring. xD Here's what my flair looks like:

Spoiler:

The perks of being a donor. <3

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Right now the beta for the new UI is only available to staff and supporters. It'll be available to everyone eventually, just gotta work out the rest of the issues/finish it first.

Being available is one thing, but I hope it's not made mandatory for everyone. Given the huge amount of selections on this site, I doubt that would be the case, but I generally prefer the old layouts more.

Years
  • I've been using the PC Beta since it was released. :) There aren't any forum styles yet, but it's so sleek and clean and everyone's posts look spectacular with flairs!

To anyone who isn't using PC Beta, my theme probably looks super boring. xD Here's what my flair looks like:

Spoiler:

The perks of being a donor. <3

"super boring"

ok you can stop lying now lol that is nowhere near boring

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I am using the beta PC myself, after years of using Chromatic 2.0. I'm still trying to tinker with the settings, especially the flairs. I can't find time and energy to make one. lol

In certain styles, I prefer fixed styles than stretched out normal ones. My resolution is really big and I can't stand reading stretched out text.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Being available is one thing, but I hope it's not made mandatory for everyone. Given the huge amount of selections on this site, I doubt that would be the case, but I generally prefer the old layouts more.

I thiiink Old PC will still be available but with a warning that it won't get updated with new buttons and features anymore. Devs may correct me if I'm wrong!

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    I heard it's a light theme. Is it a flashbang to the eyes?

Last edited:
    Back