• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ORAS anniversary

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years

• ORAS anniversary countdown

The first ever anniversary of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is coming in just two weeks! And to celebrate, we're going to count down to the anniversary day by having a question every day, each one chronicling your original journey through the Hoenn region. All you have to do is answer at least 7 of our 14 questions, and you'll earn an emblem! Your answers don't have to be answered on the same day they were asked, you may feel free to answer multiple previous questions in one post--that'll still count towards your chance to earn your emblem. Hope you all enjoy, and remember, you're encouraged to discuss and converse with your fellow trainers about their adventure!

For answering at least 7 out of 14 questions, you get your choice between:
    QwOhJzO.png
    8VnhLzK.jpg

For answering all 14, you can also get an additional option:
    D5H9cDy.png

Happy posting!

1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out?
    2. What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other?
    3. What did you nickname your starter?
    4. Did you do the Pokemon Contest when you first got to Slateport?
    5. Which bike did you choose when you first got to Mauville?
    6. Where did you establish your first ever Secret Base?
    7. What was the first Pokemon you Mega Evolved in the game?
    8. Did you catch any Pokemon from the Safari Zone in your first playthrough?
    9. Did you keep Groudon/Kyogre on your team after you caught it?
    10. What was your championship team?
    11. Did you find the Deoxys encounter to be difficult?
    12. Which of the Mirage Spot Legendary Pokemon did you go for first?
    13. What's your current play time in OR/AS?
    14. What have you done in your game since having beaten the Elite Four?

This event has concluded, but if you've answered enough questions to qualify for an emblem, let me know which ones you want in the thread.

PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    1. Took me a week to get Alpha Sapphire, due to busy schedule back then.

Cathy, few questions if you don't mind.~
    -Am I suppose to edit my post for subsequent answers?
    -Can I get Kyogre even if I answered all 14? XD

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • 1. Took me a week to get Alpha Sapphire, due to busy schedule back then.

Cathy, few questions if you don't mind.~
    -Am I suppose to edit my post for subsequent answers?
    -Can I get Kyogre even if I answered all 14? XD

I waited a week too. I had just started a new job the week before it came out, and I had to wait another week to get my first pay so that I could afford it. I was so happy when I was finally able to get it though!

And nope! Just post your next answer as a new post (unless of course doing so would result in a double post). And yes, if you answer all 14 you can get any one you want!

Reactions: Sun

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • 1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out?

I picked up AlphaSapphire at the midnight release for it, along with Smash 4 for Wii U. :) I didn't get OmegaRuby until Christmas.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

Yes! I wouldn't dare not to pick up the remakes of my favourite generation.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen yesterday

Yes! I got Alpha Sapphire the day it came out--I had pre-ordered it a few months earlier, so it was there the day of. However, I didn't get Omega Ruby until a few months later.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah, I did. I've gotten the games the day they come out since Black/White, didn't see a reason to stop.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out?

Hell yeah I did. I remember the day really clearly, haha.
    OR/AS's release date fell on a Friday which thankfully happened to be a school half day for me, so I ended up getting the game at about noon at the GameStop in the mall close to my house.
    I was basically that maniac grinning madly after getting their double sided Diancie + Kyogre/Groudon poster and pre-ordered game copy. I was probably the most hyped person in the line, lmao. Gotta admit, I'm not a huge fan of the Hoenn region, but all of the pre-release videos got me really excited to finally play it.

Years

Of course! I would be out of my mind if I didn't get a day-1 copy of a remake for my favorite region and generation :) After the announcement, there was a level of hype in me that hasn't been felt since the original BW games.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years

I unfortunately did not. At the time it came out, I didn't have a 3DS/2DS and so I couldn't play it on day one.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I did as it was my first midnight release ever. A friend and I did it and then spent all night playing. :D​

Years

Nope, I got my copies for Christmas last year. I never tend to get a new game outside of then or my birthday, depending on its release date.

Years

Yep! Had them both on reservation and went right in to get them the day they were ready. I remember being the last person able to get on the 3:25 bus to the mall then. :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • 1) Yeah I did. Actually I had wanted to skip my final class to get it earlier. It caused great anxiety to skip...but in the end I found out that my professor had canceled class that day once I arrived and checked my e-mail 0_o.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • 1. yup! I don't remember exactly how but I probably bussed home from school to buy me and my brother's? Or my mom drove us to the store? I'm not sure but since it was a Friday, I believe, there's no way I wouldn't have gotten it immediately haha.

Years
  • I got my on Saturday :( I'd started a new job and forgot what day it was I was so sad when I was at work and realized that it was released. I went and downloaded it as soon as I could.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I didn't get it when it was out, I was able to get it on August so I wasn't early one.

Back