• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you remember your first lv. 100 Pokémon?

Years
  • my lv 100 blaziken that i got purely with rare candies because i was a 13 year old that didn't care for grinding much lmao

it says a lot when i remember this more than i remember my actual first lv 100 pokemon that i've gotten with grinding levels

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • First level 100 was Blastoise, but I used rare candies from the Missingno/duplicate item trick. I did raise my Blue team to around level 70 because I got stuck in Fuschia City. I couldn't find the HM from the Safarai Zone until my neighbor helped me.

First level 100 I trained was my Typhlosion in Gold. It was a slow grind. I usually stop leveling them up after 75-80. My second level 100 was my Talonflame in X/Y. Ironically, they're both nicknamed after family members. I train/use Pokémon more when they are nicknamed.

Years
  • Don think I ever bothered fully leveling them back in gen 1.
    So I think my first level 100 was a Hariyama I used in either Ruby or Sapphire.

Years
  • I want to say Banette in Sapphire? But thinking more on it, I probably had a few lv. 100s in Crystal that I totally forgot about. So instead I'm going to say Typhlosion and Pikachu, because I distinctively remember E4 training them during the gen 2 days and them being in the 90s in those memories. \o/

Years
  • I never actually got a Pokemon to level 100 prior to Gen 6 so my first was my Greninja in Y, followed closely by Talonflame and Venusaur (all 3 reached level 100 within 15 minutes from each other).

I'm actually pretty close to having my first level 100 in an earlier generation since on my "main" Gen 5 save (White 2) my starter Serperior is level 98 because I always use it to switch train different Pokemon that I need for filling up the Pokedex as well as for PWT/Battle Subway purposes.

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
    Years
  • Tyrantrum in X! My friend traded me hers cause she didnt like it, and I gave her my Malamar cause I didn't care much for it.

I remember it DESTROYING pretty much every notable battle from Clemont onward, bar Valerie and Siebold. Eventually I got to Lv. 100 and 11 year old me was so confused as to why I wasn't getting anymore exp. Good memories.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • First 100s.... hmm.... I do not remember what was first. But Pokemon Red was an Omastar, but I don't even know if I ever got it to 100. My cousin hacked my game when I was struggling and used the Missingno cheat/bug in Cinnabar to get a lot of rare candies. This was a very long time ago.

If it wasn't Omastar it was my Swampert from Ruby, that my cousin also hacked for me and gave me rare candies.

Now my first 100% legit training to Lv 100 without cheats or anything was Pikachu and Glalie at around the same time in Pokemon Emerald. At the time I was a MASSIVE Anime watcher and loved Ash's team. So I wanted a Lv 100 Pikachu and Glalie which was my favorite pokemon at the time. If I remember correctly, I trained between Mossdeep City and Shoal Cave and got them to 100 by purely killing pokemon between there.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've never ever trained a pokémon to Lv 100 hahaha.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Believes Starmie in Pokemon Red. Probably grinded out those levels on the Elite Four. Definitely used the Missingno item duplication glitch for Technical Machines, however. Cannot recall exploiting it for anything else.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • it was WSHMKR jirachi actually. but i used rare candies haha. my first real level 100 was a blaziken named chictor. i still have them both. :)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    In the official games I never trained any Pokémon to level 100, and I doubt I'll be ever willing to spend the required time to do so, let alone doing it with a whole team. I have no good reason to bother doing that.

First level 100 Pokémon was a Rampardos in a fan game with a level curve designed to end with Elite Four at level 100. It was the first one in the team to reach it due to its Erratic growth rate making it easier to level up in the late game than the rest of the team.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    Probably Rayquaza in Emerald. Although Charizard in my first FireRed playthrough also came close.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • Pidgeot in Gold. First mon I caught, first mon I evolved to its final stage (I even remember exactly where it evolved, the route just west of Mahogany Town) and the only mon I got to lv100 in that game. I thought it was absolutely busted with Fly and loved it to bits

Years
  • oh gosh yes lol. it was my first Pokémon, Empoleon, in Pokémon diamond. See, the thing is that it was my first game and i was 7/8 and i had no idea on how to play, like, literally nothing. I ve never used the PC and i completed the game only with my Empoleon, that's how he went up to level 100 lmao. I did everything with only Empoleon, except the League. I have never used revivals or iperpotions, cuz it felt to me like cheating lol. so, every time i lost i went to fight again till my Empoleon was overlevelled and could destroy everyone lol. Unfortunately, I couldn't beat the Sinnoh League with just my Empoleon and with no items lol. I couldn't get past Lucian. he was sooooo strong and I couldn't expect Cynthia was even worse lol. In the end, my cousin traded me a level 100 meganium and a level 100 charizard and with my level 100 Empoleon I could beat the Legue lol. it was cool. Empoleon/Piplup are my fav pokemons lol. And my Empoleon was super strong. I do remember that when i was a child, i showed everyone my Empoleon saying it was super strong and indeed it was. Once a friend of mine decided to challenge my Empoleon against his level 70 Torterra and idk how that was possible, but Empoleon and I won lol. With Surf, that was the move i always spammed. I guess Arceus rooted for us lol

Years
  • Nope, but I'm pretty sure it was in a ROM hack. Grinding to max level in real Pokemon games is a hell of a challenge for me. I don't have that kind of patience, and I also don't have a convenient speed up button to make up for it either lol.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I think it was a Sunkern actually.

I was doing a solo and I needed Sunkern to get to level 100 to get anywhere beating the champion. Other than that I don't really bother with maxing levels - never needed it and I don't really do online play.

Back