• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#12: Hoenn Confirmed!

Do you prefer Team Aqua or Team Magma?

• Total voters
    Years
    Hello, and welcome to the twelfth installment of the Poké-Poll of the Week here in Pokémon Voting Polls! I probably don't need to keep telling you to follow both PC and PVP rules, but I will anyway- especially:
    Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon- tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may be up for a warning or an infraction.
    Seeing as there's been a small announcement this week that you may have heard of, the regular user submitted polls will be put on hold until the next POTW. Feel free to keep submitting your ideas though, as any idea that gets used as a future POTW will earn you a shiny new emblem! Now, keeping up with the theme of the aformentioned announcement, this week's question is:

Do you prefer Team Aqua or Team Magma?

We're back to a single choice poll, so make sure to let us know why you made your pick in your post. Now, let the battle of land and sea begin!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I grew up with Sapphire, so I guess I slightly favor Team Aqua. I have to admit that Magma's got the cooler outfits though. Not sure if that's enough to put them ahead of Aqua though.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Going to have to go with Team Aqua on this one. Although I love Fire Pokemon more than Water Pokemon, I've always been more fond of the leader of Team Aqua more than the one of Team Magma. He has better sprite design in my opinion.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I have sapphire so I am naturally going to be biased towards team aqua :P I agree with what Flushed said above as well, team aqua does indeed look Better but its not enough to change which one I prefer.

Years
    I love this poll haha - TEAM MAGMA FTW!!!! :)

They're my #1 favourite "evil team" from any of the games, not just in Hoenn haha so Aqua for me don't really stand much of a chance :)

I like them for many reasons: their outfits, Pokémon, leader, agenda for Groudon (I like him way more than Kyogre) and that hilarious Grunt in the Emerald hideout that just kept running in circles lol xD

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I really liked the Team Aqua outfits because of that hawt admin because they had this pirate-ish look going on them, without sturdy clothes, as if on a rough sea journey. And also because Hoenn had better water types than fire, so I really liked to see Caravanha as a 'bad guy' Pokémon; Numel was simply too cute.

Years
    Even if Ruby was the one I played more, I voted for Team Aqua because I like Water-types better and they also have that awesome pirate-themed uniform design. I'd definitely want to be a Team Aqua member over Team Magma if I were to join one of the two teams.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I'm more of a water kind of guy, but I chose Team Magma. I like their outfits, and the admins as well. I honestly thought the idea of expanding both the land and sea was silly, but yeah. Also, I didn't like Shelly.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    Team Aqua! I love water! <3 I totally wouldn't mind having water all over the place compared to fire and land. xD

But I do have to say that Team Magma has the better outfits. xD

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Team Magma.

They had better outfits, a better boss (I loved how Maxie was portrayed in the games and anime compared to Archie), better Pokemon choices (I like Fire better than Water types), and ambition.

They want to help human settlement by expanding land expand the land using Groudon. I think Kyogre's better than Groudon because, I mean who doesn't love whales that make it rain? but, Kyogre's movepool and appearance just appear better to me.

Years
    Aqua - I was more invested into my Sapphire game than my Ruby, so I suppose I'm inclined to choose them, haha.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Team Aqua. Bandanas are cooler than hoodies. I also like the design of the redhead admin.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
    Team Magma.

Mainly because they use Fire-types (although their type is actually Ground- Numel being their signature Pokemon doesn't really help that case) + I really like their outfits (horned hoodies are cool, okay). Wanting to expand the land also makes a good deal more sense to me than wanting to expand the sea does, but I still stand by the fact that both teams are nuts for wanting to disrupt the natural balance.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd have to go with Team Aqua, mostly due to their outfits; compared to Magma, theirs make them look a lot more serious. :] Team Magma's pretty cool, but I think they would've looked a lot better if they didn't have hats attached.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm kind of torn between both teams. I love water Pokemon and the color blue, and I really like the designs of Team Aqua. However, I prefer Team Magma's motives over Team Aqua's.

When it comes to the Aqua admins, Shelley is my favourite because she's so hot and ruthless at the same time. I don't really care about Matt, though.

As for the Magma admins, I find Tabitha pretty cool, but I forgot about Courtney at one point. Something tells me that she's kinda forgettable.

And finally, the admins. I've only recently managed to recognize that Maxie was wearing a long coat. I honestly thought he wore some kind of weird red pants with half a coat on it. Archie, on the other hand, looks like a badass with his beard and his clothes. It gives him a pirate-like vibe. Also, he was a beast when he absorbed the Red Orb in the anime.

So, probably Team Aqua for me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    While I always thought TA's goal and looks seemed to make more sense (wanting to flood the world is something you actually want to stop, and they look like pirates, so cool!), I gotta vote for TM. Pure nostalgia factor since Ruby was my game, yeah. So sue me 8D

Also, Courtney was a Magma admin in the R/S Pokémon Adventures manga and she was downright brilliant as a character. Also, Magma's clothes are actually pretty cute, even though silly.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I chose Team magma because they are based around my favorite colors. <3 I love their outfits, and I have always adored them more than any other team. At least besides Team Rocket anyway. However, I do like Kyogre over Groudon though. XD

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    I'll go with Team Aqua, since expanding the oceans and minimizing land mass sounds more dangerous and badass, and I like pirates.

Back