• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#14: Who Let the Dogs Out?

Which are your favorites?

• Total voters
    Years
    Wwwwwwelcome back for another exciting edition of the Poké-Poll of the Week here in Pokémon Voting Polls! You should know the rules by now, so make sure your following both PC and PVP rules, including:
    Don't just list- expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon- tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may be deleted, and could be up for a warning or an infraction if it becomes a recurring issue.
    This week, our POTW was suggested by elheroeoscuro, and he'll be receiving a special emblem for his contribution. If you'd like your very own emblem, feel free to leave me a future poll suggestion either with your post comment, or in a VM. Either way, we're running low on submissions, so why not help out and be rewarded for it? Anyway, this week's poll question is:

Excluding legendaries, which are your favorite dog Pokémon?

Another multiple choice this week, so feel free to pick as many (or as few) as you'd like. Now get voting!

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Arcanine is my favourite out of all of them. It has one of my favourite typings, an awesome appearance in the shape of a lion/tiger dog thing, and is related to myth and legend. It's also the Legendary Pokemon. Having that for a species name is a sign of epicness.

Years
    I like most of the ones listed (the only ones I'm not too fond of are Snubbull/Granbull); however, as of recent I've fallen in love with Electrike/Manectric. This is due to my using Mega Manectric competitively, and though its Mega design is a bit weird, it has been absolutely fantastic on my team. I also really love Electrike's and Manectric's shiny colorations, and Manectric's design is pretty cool. Surprisingly, I've never used one in-game, but I plan to use it in either OR or AS!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    In terms of usefulness, I went with the Growlithe, Lillipup, Houndour and Electrike lines. Lillipup is too cute, Arcanine is majestic and Houndoom is straight-up awesome in terms of looks. I picked Furfrou too because I can't resist trying to make a Doge meme out of it.

Years
    Mine is also one that is among my three favorite Pokémon ever: Houndoom. I've already talked about why I love this thing, for its epic idea behind it and coolness factor. And its rockin' Mega Evolution. I also kinda want to use Furfrou sometime. Manectric is my sworn enemy. And I do like Stoutland quite a bit also.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    The Growlithe, Poochyena and Lilipup lines. Growlithe and Poochyena because they're overall cool Pokemon, and have been great members whenever I used them in my team. I picked Lilipup too, because its line is the most "dog-ish" line out there, and Stoutland has been an impressive Pokemon when I battled my sister's. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I def like all the dog Pokemon, but the ones I have used I never had that much fun with. Snubbull and Granbull have always interested me and I've always wanted to use them the most, but just never got around to it. Now that they have a whole new typing I'm even more intrigued to use them I just still haven't gotten around to it!! I'm putting them as my favorite anyway because I have a feeling I'm going to love using it and if not I like everything else about the line anyway.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I actually really like Furfrou, sturdy Pokémon and I love how you can style and have different designs for them. Manectric close second though!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I kind of can't really vote because there are some more pokémon I think of as dogs (I think) and some of these I don't, such as Arcanine/Growlithe. I know they are portrayed with dog-like features and behavior in the anime but I prefer to think of them as tigers still :3

If I would choose between the ones listed here though, I would probably pick Arcanine anyways. It's the pokémon I like most out of these, though Manectric and Houndoom come closely behind! I don't like their prevolutions as much as the final forms, but I always found Manectric nice in Ruby and a bit underrated, and Houndoom was king when I played Gold. (I think it was gold at least)

... Oh well, I'll just choose all three in the poll haha.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
    Years
    It's hard to vote. I like them all, but I prefer Poochyena/Mightyena because they're most similar to my favorite animal: the wolf. <3 Although in terms of usefull I would pick Arcanine, but Mighty is my best for his design.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Growlithe/Arcanine, Poochyena/Mightyena/Lillipup family (Used it in Pokémon White!), Furfrou (have a shiny of it.)

:3

Years
    Easily Manectric, Houndoom and Mightyena :)

Manectric and Mightyena are two of my favourite Pokémon from Hoenn, with Manectric becoming my favourite ever Electric-type and also the first Electric type I ever properly used on my team. Mightyena just looks like an excellent guard dog and I love its appearances in the anime :)

Houndoom I loved the second I saw it in Elite Four Karen's team and caught one as soon as I could when I got to Kanto in Pokémon Silver :) Also, it was freaking adorable in the episode "Houndoom's Special Delivery" :)

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    its growlthee not growlithe! one of the few pronunciation quirks I have yet to shake xD

I grew up on growlithe/arcanine, so this wasn't a tough decision to make. I can never forget when I first got into breeding back in FRLG and made a bunch of growlithe eggs. then, I would go to celedon, buy a bunch of fire stones (because you could do that back then), and run around win a team of level 1 arcanine.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Out of all the dog-like Pokemon (even I'm not really a "dog person") is Poochyena/Mightyena, they just look cute, and are the ones that I'm more than likely to use in a team.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Ooh, I was debating this two days back! I think I'll go for Growlithe (because ARCANINE), Manectric (because MEGA EVO) and Poochyena (because HOENN... and for chasing Birch).

I always thought Arcanine was a rather overpowered fire type, and one who truly deserves the description of a 'legendary'. Though it's abundance and appearances in the game also proves that Growlithe isn't the rarest of Pokémon. It's just a monster hidden in plain sight. Plus points for being cute. (why did they give adorable Growlithe Intimidate anyway)

Manectric was... well, with a cool design. Somebody who would excel in Cool Contests! Also because of the utility he had back in the day, for he was caught as early as Slateport and was pivotal in cruising through Wallace. Manectric also receives an interesting mega evolution... I really like the spiked back.

Poochyena because of sheer nostalgia and Mightyena being one of the earliest used Pokémon. In fact, I owe Mightyena for cruising through the late-game Tate&Liza and Phoebe. To think that one caught so early was useful so far into the journey... although I always preferred Linoone, I think Mightyena deserves a mention!

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Growlithe/Arcanine, although I usually pick Flareon for my team whenever I don't have a fire starter.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Ew, dogs. :c

I chose the Arcanine and Lilipup groups. Arcanine was one of my favorite dog Pokemon from Generation 1, I used him in many adventures. He was so majestic, and I liked him more in the anime! Gary's Arcanine was just plain amazing! Besides, Aracanine I like Lilipup, specifically from Generation 5. The little guy was so cute...well for a dog.

Years
    My choices are Growlithe/Arcanine & Houndour/Houndoom, Arcanine because he's the og dog and I've always thought that Houndoom was awesome...I guess you could say I'm slightly partial to fire types too. It also drove me crazy that you couldn't catch a Houndour until you reached Kanto on Gold/Silver...

Years
    but arcanine is teh legendary pokemanz XDDD

I voted Houndour/Houndoom. Houndoom has become a strong part of my Dark-type team, and I'm a sucker for Fire-type Pokémon, too.

Back