• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Today was actually not too bad. Public transportation is still terrible but at least the sidewalks are now less tiring thanks to people having created little paths you can walk on without sinking into deep snow. Stairs still suck, tho, ngl.

Years
    Sideways get plowed here, along with roads, however the county takes ages to even start it.
    I feel safer on a bus in this weather.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Really not into work right now. With all this snow chaos, the lockdown stuff and the fact that I've been trapped in one of the circles of programming hell for weeks and no exit in sight...

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Everyone here's been talking about the snow and... yeah. Apparently it's some sort of record cold for where I live and of course I had to be sent out for shopping during it. Really wish I wasn't.

Hope y'all are keeping well though, I've been gone the past two days performing summoning rituals.~

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Gacha idol games! Over the past couple months I'd been saving up the equivalent of $400 in currency for a girl I wanted who came out last night.

a good ol' fashioned DCC!

I got her. <3

Years
    I really don't like posting negative stuff on the forum, but today I finally received an official and final reply to a complaint I had raised about a hospital doctor. I've had many bad experiences over the years but I never once complained. This was extreme and I cried my eyes out every single day for weeks afterwards.

I was sent to her because my condition was life threatening. The doctor in question spent the entire appointment deliberately degrading and dehumanising me due to her intense hatred and bigotry.

She also refused to listen to my symptoms, which lead to something very important being missed. I was unable to get the treatment I needed for a very long time due to her, in fact I'm still waiting. My life has been utter hell. She could have killed me because she sees me as a disgusting piece of scum that doesn't deserve to live. My GP knew all about her - she used to work with the doctor in question - and asked me to officially complain.

Today's final response made a series of false excuses for the delay in treatment (I know for a fact they're lies after speaking to her receptionist pre-complaint) and that she was actually polite and courteous with me the whole time. The trust (not her) are sorry that I felt offended.

All I want is for her - or them - to say that her behaviour was wrong and that she is sorry for the way she treated me, that's it. I just want the next patient from a demographic she despises to be treated with dignity and resepect. Nobody should have to go through what I did, but then apparently I deserve it. 😭

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Do you have other options you'd feel like pursuing, or was this kind of it?

Years
    I will persue it as far as I can. Another doctor told me about the proper channels. An ombudsman is next I think.

I know there's no point, but the way I see it is, if I raise enough fuss, then she might think twice about doing it with the next poor soul that gets sent to her.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    You're way too kind and considerate, you know that? I hope things turn out the way you want them to! :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    You know, I've been thinking about PCs badge system. Since its inception I managed to get only a single one while others seem to have no trouble at all getting a bunch of them. I suspect I've had multiple instances where I was close to getting one but then maybe a sort of "timer reset" happened that brought me back to square one. Or ,alternatively I just severely underestimated those requirements and my performance was just lacking? Then again even new users don't seem to have too much trouble getting them. So, maybe it's not the quantity but rather the quality? If that is the case it makes me wonder: how can I improve?

^random things I think about on a sleepless night <_<

Years
    You know, I've been thinking about PCs badge system. Since its inception I managed to get only a single one while others seem to have no trouble at all getting a bunch of them. I suspect I've had multiple instances where I was close to getting one but then maybe a sort of "timer reset" happened that brought me back to square one. Or ,alternatively I just severely underestimated those requirements and my performance was just lacking? Then again even new users don't seem to have too much trouble getting them. So, maybe it's not the quantity but rather the quality? If that is the case it makes me wonder: how can I improve?

i think it's different with each section you go to, and each person who hands them out? so there isn't one set way on how to obtain them, or how to get gold on them or anything.

btw i find it rather hilarious how i literally got modded for M&G because of how i keep greeting people, but i still have the bronze tier badge for that :p brown's a nice color tho, so i'm keepin it for as long as people don't notice lol

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Right but where's the reputation system?

Mine would be in the dumpster. Maybe don't bring it back.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years

Badge distribution is completely manually done by moderators, there are no timers or anything automatic involved. It's purely a subjective reward for what the mods of a given section see as quality posts.

Back