• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

pkmin3033

I keep waking up at 4:30am for some reason...it was 3:30am this morning since the clocks went back. I just put a compilation playlist on my iPod and dozed off until 5. xD

Years
    • Seen today
    Happy Halloween to all who celebrate.

Halloween is also my mother's birthday, hopefully we can do something nice.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Today would also be a holiday for some people. At least in those places where people celebrate the day when Martin Luther accidentally split the church into catholic and evangelic camps.

pkmin3033

Any day where you don't have to work is a holiday tbh xD

Speaking of, I have a week and a half off starting from next Tuesday! Thank god. But it's also my birthday next Sunday...sigh...

pkmin3033

i'm guessing you dont really like birthdays, zeria? D:
    I hate them, it feels like everyone is celebrating me being closer to death. I hate it when people who completely forget about/ignore my existence decide I'm suddenly worth acknowledging just for the few seconds it takes for them to express their happiness I'm one step closer to death as well >.>

...but the presents are nice at least.

Years
  • I hate them, it feels like everyone is celebrating me being closer to death. I hate it when people who completely forget about/ignore my existence decide I'm suddenly worth acknowledging just for the few seconds it takes for them to express their happiness I'm one step closer to death as well >.>

...but the presents are nice at least.

i feel like birthday are kinda meaningless to me these days. i think after a specific point, birthdays are just the same as regular days and only remind you of how old you're getting and that's it u_u ...maybe that's too cynical of a view.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I try to celebrate mine but no one ever seems to be around to do anything. I mean I almost didn't make it as a baby and for my 26th birthday I had my pacemaker put in.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I can't say I have much fondness for my own birthdays anymore either. When you're a kid, there's still "milestones" to hit in age, the novelty's not worn off yet, and you can't wait to grow up and become an adult.

And then you become an adult, find out it's not what you thought it would be, find out the world sucks, and have no new milestones to hit. Each passing year kind of just ends up feeling like another chapter in the slow march towards a body that doesn't function well and eventually death.

And even if you try to view them through the lens of celebrating the existence of someone, what is there to celebrate exactly? I'm not worth anything.

Last edited:
    Years
  • i suppose 30 is another milestone... sorta. and every decade after that is sort of a milestone to hit in age i think. after 50 though it's probably just whatever at that point.

pkmin3033

I can't see myself hitting 40, never mind 50. Although that said I couldn't see myself hitting 30 either, and I wasn't expected to see 20 when I was 15. So who knows. Thinking that far ahead into the future isn't something I am particularly good at, haha.

Years
  • idk how to feel about 30. im mostly pressured and stressed because i feel like it's the age where i should Figure Out Shit about my life and make significant progress by then, but with the way my life is going... @_@ i can only hope i'll get out of my funk of a life by the time i'm 30.

Years
    • Seen today
    I turned 21 over the summer. I was lame enough to order a lemonade instead of alcohol that night.

I tried alcohol later that week while running supplies for the bartender. It didn't appeal to me and I switched back over to water.

Years
  • Alcoholism runs in my family so I avoid it.
    If you use twitter, people call you a boomer at 30. I just ignore it.

Last edited:
    Back