• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
Hola! I'm doing pretty good for the first time in a while! How about everyone's favourite correctly spelled colours? 😊

Come on peeps be honest... who has (or at least thought about) put up their holiday decorations?

i think i might've landed a new job :o so my day has been made lol

i havent put up holiday decorations yet, but im unsure if my landlord would let me... i'm sure it isn't a big deal, but still.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
i think i might've landed a new job :o so my day has been made lol

i havent put up holiday decorations yet, but im unsure if my landlord would let me... i'm sure it isn't a big deal, but still.

Congrats hun! I'm sure you'll do great! ٩(ˊᗜˋ )و

As for holiday decorations, I'm already sick of them lol. Imo they shouldn't go up before Thanksgiving and should come down the day after New Years. Done. ψ( ` ∇ ´ )ψ

Years
So have I put up holiday decorations yet? Well, that depends on which holiday we're talking. I haven't displayed any Christmas decorations yet, but I have recently added some new ornaments to my collection, and can't wait to arrange them around my tree when the time comes, I have fallen in love with Egyptian handblown glass creations.

I actually still have some leftover Halloween mischief hanging around the house though, so I am technically decorated. I never did take the jack-o-lanterns out of the yard, and there's even the decorative cobwebs hanging up in high places, and monster decals on the windows that I haven't gotten around to pulling down-- but need to. I'm probably not going to put up any special Thanksgiving decorations besides maybe lighting some candles since it's not one of my favorite holidays, but there will still be plenty of feasting at my house on the big day.

In a neighoring city in my area there's a parkway you can drive through that hosts an annual event called The Festival of Lights from mid November to early January. You ride by miles of evening holiday lights and winter wonderland arrangements There's all sorts of delightful construction in the light show, glittering bridges and archways, lighthouses, scenes of falling snowflakes, enchanted forests with romping animals and even displays with mythical lreatures like dragons. Rawr!

I think it would be fun to go the park this winter. I will probably wait until closer to Christmas though or around New Year's at the latest.

Last edited:
Years
In a neighoring city in my area there's a parkway you can drive through that hosts an annual event called The Festival of Lights from mid November to early January. You ride by miles of evening holiday lights and winter wonderland arrangements There's all sorts of delightful construction in the light show, glittering bridges and archways, lighthouses, scenes of falling snowflakes, enchanted forests with romping animals and even displays with mythical lreatures like dragons. Rawr!

Dear goodness, that sounds like heaven <3

Years
christmas season usually makes me feel more joyous than usual~ one of the reasons it's my favourite holiday. c: just the sheer happiness of it all.

Years
I decided to give my Switch away. BDSP is just not looking like my cup of tea, and LoA...I just find it less and less appealing as time goes on. I'm not the gamer I thought I was. I am keeping my 2DS and N64, but just those two. Anyway, I decided that the perfect candidate for my Switch is my brother. We grew up on games together, so it's only fair. Don't know when i'll give it to him because i'm going away from November 20th to December 26th (yes both Thanksgiving AND Christmas). Christmas should be fun this year because i'll be with my dad this entire holiday season, so i'm looking forward to getting away from just people in general. I'll be in NYC for the first week, than Vegas for the four weeks after. I'm bringing my laptop so i'll still be in touch with you guys if you wish. Well, I really don't know because i'm not on PC as much as I used to, so who knows.

Needless to say, I give up on Pokemon for the Switch, but the 2DS Pokemon games still hold a special place in my heart...and the 2DS in general. I've actually been gravitating toward Sonic the Hedgehog recently, but once again, not on the Switch. I mean the 2DS Sonic games.

I'm NOT deleting my PC account just saying.

Years
for me personally, i'm not really getting tired of pokemon anytime soon~ swsh was ok, but could've been better. looking forward to both bdsp and l:a c:

Years
I'm just upset that I have to hold a charge of $20 a year just to hold forty something boxes of Pokemon in Home. Just give me a physical game to dump them all, then and maybe my outcome would've been changed. Also, the Switch isn't holding my attention nor are their games. The 2DS though, it's a mixed bag when it comes to Pokemon, but the other non-Pokemon games are neat in my opinion. Sad TPC and Gamefreak didn't do Swsh or LGPE justice. Also...that horrible NSO. Shaking my head

Years
I hate how Nintendo makes you PAY to go on the internet with your Switch when it's your own internet you're using.

Years
I hate how Nintendo makes you PAY to go on the internet with your Switch when it's your own internet you're using.

A friend of mine didn't know much about computers, but wanted to join "the web" so I built him one and got him all set up.

After a while he had illegal files everywhere. I said "better hope nobody catches you!" He didn't understand at all...

His argument was: "I subscribe to the Internet. So anything on it is mine, I pay for that"

Years
i just kinda wish nintendo would have a bit... more to their online offerings, if that makes sense. kinda feels like they're doing the bare minimum, but it doesn't really matter cause they're raking in cash, regardless. ._. making take some notes on how sony does things, maybe? iirc with PS+ there was pretty decent discounts on games and even some free ones. that's a lot more tempting than what nintendo is offering.

Back