• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
Happy Wednesday PC peeps! How are you all doing?

I guess a lot of our American PCers are getting ready for thanksgiving! Do you think things will be different to last year with covid still being problematic?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Happy Wednesday PC peeps! How are you all doing?

I guess a lot of our American PCers are getting ready for thanksgiving! Do you think things will be different to last year with covid still being problematic?

ohh simple yet effective flair to go with your username i see :)

Years
ohh simple yet effective flair to go with your username i see :)

TY!!!

I needed something in a hurry because this name just didn't look right with my old flair for some reason. I think it was the length. I will definitely get round to fixing it at some point, but I do like stars 😊

The mechanic is our neighbor and he did it for free? Omgg

Omg that is fantastic! You have a lovely neighbour!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today

Yes, unfortunately. Publicly implored people to stay home or keep gatherings small last year. Seemingly worked. Expects no appetite for that this year.

Comes at an awful time. Lives in Michigan. Posted the highest seven-day average of new COVID cases for the entire pandemic yesterday. Accounted for 10% of all new cases in the United States (but only 3% of the total population).

Understands some caveats to those stats (such as testing differences and better outcomes through vaccines). Feels little comfort from them, though, as an immunocompromised person. Received a booster shot a few days ago, on the plus side. Stopped a harsher medication too.

Years
Yes, unfortunately. Publicly implored people to stay home or keep gatherings small last year. Seemingly worked. Expects no appetite for that this year.

Comes at an awful time. Lives in Michigan. Posted the highest seven-day average of new COVID cases for the entire pandemic yesterday. Accounted for 10% of all new cases in the United States (but only 3% of the total population).

Understands some caveats to those stats (such as testing differences and better outcomes through vaccines). Feels little comfort from them, though, as an immunocompromised person. Received a booster shot a few days ago, on the plus side. Stopped a harsher medication too.

Oh goodness, that's so stressful. Stay safe, glad you got your booster! <3 I'll probably start needing mine in the next few months too. The area I'm from (NYC) started doing vaccinations like a year ago almost, and only 68%ish or so are fully vaccinated. It's really disappointing that so many don't want to do it there, but life has pretty much gone back to normal regardless.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
i should be getting my booster next month, i think? assuming i'm supposed to wait a few months after i get my 2nd shot. :s

I think it depends on what one you got. I got Moderna which means I had to wait 6 months before I could get a booster. I got mine last week and it was a bit worse than my first and second one.

Years
I can't get my booster because my age is restricted. Legit.
But for my regular ones I got Pfizer first and Moderna second, so what if I get Pfizer again and do it in a pattern lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Is it eight months after the second shot for the booster still? Then I should be eligible for it in January, right after I get back from my Christmas trip to see family. Hopefully I don't catch COVID while I'm up there.

Then again, I don't know if my state is still "Elderly and/or vulnerable populations only" restricted. Guess I look into that in January.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
The US as of Friday Nov 19th anyone 18 and older can get the booster shot. Moderna and Pfizer should wait at least 6 months from their second shot and then J&J should wait 2 months from their last shot. I actually just got my booster shot last week before Pokémon came out. I still don't understand the 6 month rule as in do you count the month you got it or not. I got my last Moderna in June so I would assume that my 6 months would be this month but they told me my 6 months wasn't until December. They allowed me to get it anyways because I'm more of a high risk and I only got the small dose one because the other was for immunocompromised and I don't fall into that. Other than feeling like crap for the next day or so I didn't have any issues with getting my booster (a month early?). I felt a little worse than my first two shots but other than that nothing major.

Years
See, I hate my provinces method, though it hasn't been 6 months since July, my mother still can't get one. She's 70.

Back