• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Right now we're having what is technically the first thunderstorm of the year, so that's cool! Even tho it's a little lame haha.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Mid 30s (c) this week, then cools down over the weekend and beyond thankfully.

Might still be rather warm during a hike I'll go on soon, but oh well.

Years
    Snow *might* be coming tomorrow, but then again, we might just get rain. After two beautiful days, we get an icky weekend. Ho hum.

Well we had the cleaners come to the house and they...stole my Switch Lite charger GAH! Stupid people. Well, as much as I am leaning toward my Switch Lite more and more everyday, my heart still stands with the 2DS. Even though I was looking forward to specifically Sonic Frontiers and the Klonoa remakes, maybe this is a sign...I am so close to dropping out of the Pokemon fandom, and was in no way planning to get Pokemon Scarlet/Violet or whatever they were called. I didn't even get BDSP or P:LA so...yeah. Sure I turned my room upside down looking for that stupid wire but...after a while...idk.

In other news. I made it into Wednesday night drumline class. YAY! The 16th will be my first Wednesday. I'm going to be playing the tenor drum, which is like five little drums on one...thing. Idk but it's good stuff. I got the drum book that is required too so that's good.

PSA: Change your clocks Saturday night. Daylights saving time. At least where I live.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Seems like my email account I use for most things online got deleted. And since most of these things nowadays require you to do some verification bs in some shape or form (even if you just want to change email addresses) it's basically a lockout for me. Or, you know, going through a lot of hoops. <_<

Years
    It's the same with phones. There's sites that REQUIRE texting but not everyone can get/afford a smartphone.
    The government of Canada sites all require a phone but they have a call option.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    While I've managed to update most accounts I wanted with my new email address, Discord of all things ends up being the most troublesome...

So, I basically asked support what to do in regards to the email address. The answer was "without an existing email we can't verify it's you. Your best option is to make a new account."

Like, why can places like Steam allow me to relatively easily change my email address after a loss but Discord can't? Urgh! <_<

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I hate that crap. Or ones that need more than one verification like another email or phone number. I have an email for all the BS and sign up for this crap and then another email for more personal and important things.

Years
    Seems like my email account I use for most things online got deleted. And since most of these things nowadays require you to do some verification bs in some shape or form (even if you just want to change email addresses) it's basically a lockout for me. Or, you know, going through a lot of hoops. <_<

Hugs Megan. I hope you can get them sorted out and moved to a new email! Have you tried mentioning data protection laws to them since you're in the EU? I'm assuming it is the same as ours before we left - they have to keep your personal data up-to-date if they're informed of a change. It might be physically impossible though depending on their system.

Here in the UK we have just introduced 2fa authentication for nearly everything. It's much, much safer, but not foolproof either.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I worry about things with 2fa if I happen to lose my phone or it suddenly breaks, etc. Seems like a right pain to deal with then. =/

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Finally got to call a company to get rid of my old car. That thing was just standing around for the last two years. It should have been gone a long time ago...well, I guess once that's done it's just a tiny sep further towards behaving like a normal human being ^^"

Years
    There's 10 bazillion pizza products you can get here and I end up always end up somehow buying the worst ones. Like some twisted lottery.

Back