• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Battle Tower, or Frontier?

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
  • Which do you think we'll see?
    Which do you want to return?

Did you even use the Tower/Frontier services?

I personally want the Frontier, it's a nice end game thing to play with ~!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The Tower and not the Frontier is what we'll probably end up getting, like in ORAS. It's easier for them to implement, and these are Diamond/Pearl remakes and not a Platinum remake.

Years
  • I'm glad you differentiated between want and think, because as much as I want a battle frontier to return (possibly even an emerald style where it was its own town basically) I'm certain that we'll get a plain old battle tower like there was in the D/P. Which is a shame, I feel like one of the best selling points of an RPG is the enormous amount of hours you can put into it, but with a battle tower it makes it feel like the post-game stuff is an after thought

pkmin3033

Between the two I'd rather have the Frontier, but at the same time I'd prefer they devote their time and energy to making substantial postgame content rather than a cheap mindless facility where you can just fight generic trainers over and over for things you'll only use if you plan on playing competitively. Since it's ILCA and not GF I suppose there is a slightly higher chance that Platinum's Battle Frontier will get worked into the games somehow, but...ehhh.

Years
  • Frontier was great even though I hardly used it at the time - my vote definitely goes to that. I'd love a full-blown area with different facilities like this to return again, as unlikely as it seems sometimes. Never participate much in Battle Tower-like places like the one we have now in SwSh since it's too same-y and gets uninteresting really fast, but Frontier would give me more options than just a single, repetitive format. Please!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Most likely Battle Tower. Masuda is partly in charge of this game, so it makes me think he has some influence over what does and doesn't get into the game.

& Tbh, I did use the facilities, and I did love the Battle Frontier, but I understand why it's not a thing anymore since Game Freak is thinking about the kids of this generation and not the former kids who used to play the games. But, you never know. No one knows what ILCA has in store yet, since they've never done a Pokemon game before.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I wouldn't have cared about the possible exclusion of the Battle Frontier if I never actually tried to get all the gold symbols in Platinum a couple years ago. Now I think they're harmless to include at worst and a total blast at best. If they don't include the Frontier I won't be heartbroken because I'll still go back to Platinum to kill time in the Factory (I'm just used to how it all works in Gen IV) but it's been over 10 years since we've had a Battle Frontier. I love weird gimmicks like the Arcade and Factory.
    ...With that being said... yeah they're not gonna include the Frontier. Something just tells me. Please surprise me.

EDIT: Now that I'm here, what about the Battleground in the Survival Area in Platinum where you could rematch the Gym Leaders? That's another sweet postgame challenge I'd love to see back.

Years
  • i really want the Battle Frontier to make a comeback. it was great to have more than just one boring building occupy the space. i have no idea what ILCA's like though as a game maker company or whatever, so i'll never be certain which one they'll push through with. who knows, they might even scrap it altogether :3

Years
    • Seen today
    I'd rather have the Battle Frontier solely for a Battle Factory. It was my favorite facility.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I hope we get a battle frontier. I always used it and really enjoyed playing it tbh.

Years
  • after the last few generations, i'm not getting my hopes up for frontier returning. it'd most likely be some sort of battle tower-esque thing returning, if not battle tower itself.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Frankly, we'll probably get some form of the battle tower. It would be nice to get the battle frontier again but I don't think it is likely sad to say.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'd take the Battle Frontier over that god awful Battle Chateau. Even if we get something similar to the Battle Tower, I'd like for it to look like an actual tower. Just going off previous generations, I'm definitely not getting my hopes up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    I see this remake like some kind of commemoration game, I mean, something to enjoy and remember Gen 4. So I think they will implement everything that people enjoyed the most, in this case, both Battle Tower and Battle Frontier

Years
  • I think we'll get the Battle Tower, based on what I read about the reasoning for excluding the Battle Frontier from ORAS.

I'd like to see the Battle Frontier, even though I was never able to win anything there 😅

Maybe expand on it a bit and involve complex puzzles in each facility where you can save your progress?

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2021
    Frontier of course
    It is so damn cool
    I still don't understand why gf didn't make this a thing to be present in all games

Back