• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Chit-Chat (Extra Festive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
    not really, you just get get a vote voucher in the mail and go to a voting thing with id and do it

Had municipal elections recently in the NCR. Literally showed up, didn't realize they needed photo ID with address (mine expired and I haven't gotten a new photo ID card yet since my health card and passport work for everything), and the guy just kinda looked at me and was like, "Hmm... Whatever. Fill this out. Normally I would need a guarantor to sign, but mehhhh".

lol

Years
    Oh yeah and a letter, I didn't have one and the old ladies working there gave me a huge fuss and kicked me out, but I came back with a letter. That's about the worst of it

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    *sits back to watch the battle and eat popcorn* !

re: voting
    My state is blue now, and I am pleased

Years
    *sits back to watch the battle and eat popcorn* !

re: voting
    My state is blue now, and I am pleased

That's an awesome feeling!! I'm a bit sad about Beto, but uh it's definitely impressive he made it this far at all. I'm also excited to see the first gay governor elected in Colorado, as well as first Lesbian Native American elected in Kansas! 2020 is coming, and I feel positive.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That's good news! The US is modernizing at last.

It's not at all as historically loaded in Sweden, but idt we've had a non-white or female prime minister ever so far.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hahaha, yeah, the whole nation (almost) has officially decided that it's tired of asshole republicans. Not all republicans, but a lot of themmm.

I hope that 2020 ends well, or that Trump is out even before then.

Even the other countries were like "America wtf" there for a while...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    yeah I'd rather that for 2020 the Dems go with someone who's not just some establishment politician, that was part of the reason why Hillary lost in 2016

tho when I say "not just some establishment politician" I mean someone who also makes for a competent leader....as Trump is "not just some establishment politician" but is not a good president

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back