• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DLC news is out!!

Years

• We have news about the DLC! It'll be set in a different location and involve two new legendaries as well as the Blueberry Academy. The DLC will also be split into 2 parts, with part 1 (The Teal Mask) coming out fall 2023 and part 2 (The Indigo Disk) coming in winter 2023.

What're your thougts on this news?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • In general slightly disappointed. For me, I actually hoped for an entirely new game that was like third version/sequels to SV that could potentially fix the glitches and improve the plot and or characters. I knew that there was gonna be DLC but I was hoping it wasn't the main focus.

And even if DLC was the main focus I was hoping for say it wouldn't be exactly like gen8's DLC…

But to be honest the real disappointment is that we're gonna wait a gazillion years before we get any more actual news on these things.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Yeah, I kinda wish we were getting something a little earlier, S/V are really feeling like they need some more stuff to do.
    Especially with the postgame being so short. Also not really all that fond of the new Legendary Pokemon, from a design perspective at least.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The Teal Mask set of legendaries are almost 100% based on the story of Momotaro, I don't like any of their design except for the bird, which looks nice. The Dog and Monkey just look very weird and the dog looks way too much like Zarude.

The Turtle I love though. It is a brilliant color and I like that it has all the type symbols on it, or at least some. I hope the shiny version ends up being similar to Nehiligo shiny color.

Release date seems really late, especially the 2nd part. Which is likely at Christmas or right after.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Not gonna lie, I'm... not impressed with the presentation of these DLC blocks. I wish we had been told more about the Teal Mask set of Legendaries as well as the siblings (?) that will be tagging along with us in these new adventures (like Game Freak did with Avery, Klara and Peony for the Sw/Sh DLC), but it seems like it's not the right time now.

The Indigo Disk block in particular seems like it's gonna contain our Battle Tower equivalent, but it looks... off. I don't like that place, or the person who seems to run it...

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Fall and winter of this year sure is a long wait, huh? That is kind of disappointing. However, I still excited for it. I can't wait until we finally get more Pokémon and Scarlet and Violet finally feels something like a complete Pokémon game.

Years
  • Just happy to finally have some dlc. I wish we got something to titillate us much sooner, but I can't wait to play!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Sword and shield have amazing DLCs. It's upsetting that it required a DLC to make Gen 8 good. I am going to trust the process because of these DLCs are as good as Gen 8 then this game will be amazing at the end of it. I am feeling like I have nothing else to do in the game. Might be time to start breeding some mons for competitive use…

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Really wanted that Higurashi x Pokemon crossover for the first part. Alas, not today.

Does not care for the look of the first part Pokemon, at a glance. Hopefully looks better outside of the stylization.

Spies Zebstrika among the returning Pokemon. About time. Wonders where you even catch it. Appears to take place at an offshore Pokemon arena. Never stopped Pokemon from running wild in power plants, though.

Approves of the later (planned) date. Works out the kinks before release, with any luck. Might run better than mainland Paldea simply for (presumably) being smaller.

Is not that hyped, overall. Did not expect to be either. Was not wowed by Sword/Shield's DLC storylines. Managed fine without the extra Pokemon. Failed to convey what these new areas offer.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • CHARJABUG IS COMING BACK THATS ALL THAT MATTERS LETS GO

In all seriousness I'm cautiously hyped. Although the new Pokémon revealed for the Teal Mask aren't exactly winning me over...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I don't mind the wait, as I'm playing incredibly slowly through SV (and actually have about 100 legendaries waiting to be captured in the SwSh one - I found IoA fun but Dynamax Lair is just…oppressive in its demands. Great if you want shinies though).

But I do hate that these are turning into £110 game, and that you most likely won't be able to get a combined cartridge like I got for SwSh until late 2024. Really big on physical media, plus I might actually have to buy a decent SD card this way.

I'm actually thinking despite owning both versions that I might not get both DLC, then just wait for the cart release.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • A little disappointed that the first DLC is in yet a Japanese based region since we already have so many of those, but I do think these will be good.

It's annoying they're so late in the year, though. Especially since Isle of Armor was much earlier, like...the Summer, I think.
    I suspect Teal Mask will be out in October, but that feels like...forever from now, tbh.

I hope there's no major news dry spell for these. I would like to know more, honestly. Especially since next year, we're definitely getting a new main series game again, I think.

Years
  • I agree with ReKoil. The turtle looks really interesting, while the rest doesn't. I feel like in general I am not really crazy about those DLC. I think it's right to add content to Scarlet and Violet, but yeah I was more hyped for Swo/Shi DLC.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • A little disappointed that the first DLC is in yet a Japanese based region since we already have so many of those, but I do think these will be good.

It's annoying they're so late in the year, though. Especially since Isle of Armor was much earlier, like...the Summer, I think.
    I suspect Teal Mask will be out in October, but that feels like...forever from now, tbh.

I hope there's no major news dry spell for these. I would like to know more, honestly. Especially since next year, we're definitely getting a new main series game again, I think.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on getting news anytime soon. I feel like it may be Later September and Late December. But could be pushed back a couple of months given that the DLC Page for Part 2 says 'Expected by April 2024.' Not sure why the said "Winter 2023". It is very possible we might get another main series game in January of next year given how they did say 'Winter 2023" but would think they announce it. It is also possible we get Wave 3 and 4, but that may be a little much.

My guess is that the next patch of news will be in May or June, which is when we tend to get a batch of news. And then again in August or so right before release.

Back