• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you drink alcohol/beer

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
  • Mmm yes, I love beer~ I usually go for the cheap-o Rainier but I loooove any kind of lager :d It's always my girl Stella when I go out to eat, either that or a local brew.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    No because I am a good child of god

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've only had one beer in my life and I disliked it.

Other than that, I just drink a glass of wine on occasion.

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • I choose not to drink, even though I'm legally old enough to. After dealing with violently abusive alcoholics in my childhood, it just isn't something I need or want in my life.

Years
  • Hopefully this will get revived. I drink wine. Sometimes. Alcohol is too expensive for me.

But, this is where I need some expert advice. What's relatively cheap but still tastes good? I don't drink enough to understand, but so far, the plan is to have some vodka and cream soda.

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • I'm a lightweight and I don't care, I gravitate towards light, sugary, and smooth drinks. I was told by a wise person once that most people who don't like the taste of beer don't like the taste of hops. Since realizing this, I've enjoyed various Belgian wheat ales and fruit beers (if you love strawberries, try Fruli) that are either light on hops or mask the taste of them. I also enjoy hard cider and mead.

St. Germains is my favorite liquor but it's fairly expensive, so I grab Deep Eddy lemon vodka for regular occasions and Triple Sec when I'm cheap. I also like yuzu liquor and caipirinha but those are unfortunately uncommon here in the States.

Years
  • I'm not one to drink. On a rare occasion perhaps I'll have some whiskey though. There's a lot of calories in alcoholic beverages so I steer clear.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    technically I drink; if I'm out with friends I'll have a few ciders and maybe a few when I'm home alone with nothing to do, but nothing more than that. I haven't developed a taste for anything other than cider and beer yet and I've seen too many of my sister's mishaps to want to get drunk... but a drink now and again is good, and I enjoy it!

Years
  • I have drank numerous times in high school and gotten drunk before. It's pretty fun but I am not encouraging anyone. My favorite so far is ice-cold beer, which doesn't taste so bad. Alcoholic root beer literally tastes like root beer so that's pretty cool too. Alcoholism can be hereditary and I can see myself drinking in he future but not taking it overboard; just a beer or so after work or something.

I am not trying to sound like a parent but don't take it overboard at a young age. It stunts growth and kills many brain cells.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I love beer of many kinds, recently learned to enjoy stouts which I haven't much before. Indian Pale Ales are my absolute favorites. I also quite enjoy red wine, especially with food. But it's been a while since I tried to get drunk just to get drunk. I think that phase of my life is over, which is nice. I'll still do it a couple of times a year of course, I just have friends and clubs where it's tradition and very fun (: But the hangovers do get worse hahaha. It's not worth it anymore.

#oldgal

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • I like beer, good after a hard days work, I love a good red wine (emphasis on the good part, can't stand wines that aren't quality) especially at functions or dinners. Can happily get through my fair share of a bottle... or two...or thr.. I should probably stop now :P , I can drink cider, If I had a spirit it'd be vodka, of the grey goose variety preferably!

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
  • I drink but I don't do it to get drunk. My mom and grandfather have issues with alcohol so I limit myself.

I really enjoy Angry Orchard Hard Cider with some Fireball whiskey in it. I'm also into craft beers and the like. Big name beer I like would be Sam Adam's.

Jiggling Jigglypuff

I'll Sing Ya To Sleep
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I am only 14 years old almost 15 so I should say no I never tasted beer or any alcoholic drink, but I have had a few drinks in my life first raiding my parents liquor cabinet when a friend was over and at a party last year where I had 3 beers.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I drink, when it's suitable and suitable being every day

Nah, I like a cold Radler in the evenings after work. Right now with this heat they are so refreshing it's like heaven in a bottle. Otherwise I'll drink beer at the Heavy Metal bar I frequent and play at, or I'll drink whatever is going in any other situation. 90% of the time it's beer, and I've had some pretty good sorts, here in Germany.

As for Spirits, Rum would have to be my choice, but anything else (aside from Vodka) is fine. Vodka is okay in small doses, but before it used to really pull out the negative in me. But now I don't know.

Also, for all those people saying "I don't drink alcohol because I don't want to lose control over my body/become a different person/whatever" that's not how alcohol works. Alcohol simply reduces your inhibitions for doing certain things. Whatever you do when drunk is just something you would have thought about doing not-drunk, except you may have persuaded yourself not to do it. It also heightens some senses and feelings that you are currently feeling, so is best not mixed with depression (done that, not fun) or anxiety, or the like. In good company, it's really uplifting and just adds to a good evening.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I don't drink often, but when I do...j/k

I don't drink too much due to my job, but I usually drink hard cider or I'll drink the occasional Jack & Coke.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I think the taste of beer is nasty and have never tasted hard liquor before. The only alcoholic drinks I have had are Seagram's Wine Coolers.

Years
  • Not a huge fan of the taste of beer, but I do like the affect of the steady buzz...I am getting too old to throw down straight liquor all the time!

My absolute favorites:

Wine: Malbec
    Liquor: Tennessee Fire Whiskey

Back