• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have siblings?

Years
    What the title says.

If so, how many brothers/sisters do you have? Are they older or younger than you? What are they like? Also, do you guys get along or fight? Maybe a bit of both :p

If you don't have brothers or sisters, then tell us about being an only child in the house. Maybe it's strengthened your relationship with your parents since you are their one and only. I'm my mother's only child and we're extra close, since it's been me and her for many years. For others it could be lonely to not have siblings. I am super close to my cousins, and see many of them as sisters, and there are times where I wish I could take them home with me. I also have some special friends who are like brothers and sisters to me. Shout outs! I guess you could say I made myself an extended family.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I am my Mom's only child but I have 2 older step sisters as my Dad was married once before.

Years
    I have an older sister! She moved out last year and lives with her boyfriend. We're about 2.5 years apart (I'm 19, she just turned 22 in March). I'd say we get along very well and we love each other dearly. Growing up we'd usually get in fights over wearing each other's clothes (which she still loves helping herself to my closet when she comes to visit, as if she doesn't already have a million clothes.)

Having an older sister was amazing when I was younger and she'd buy alcohol for me/drive me to parties.

I'd say we do look quite similar. We both are naturally blonde (although I've been dying my hair black for a while now and her hair has naturally darkened.) I inherited my father's genes as I am taller with minimal curves, whereas my sister definitely got my mother's hips. (I'm not jealous I swear). My sister is also able to tan whilst I burn/remain ghostly pale. We both have blue eyes though and I'd say we have similar facial features. Most people can tell we're related!

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Not from my mother's side, I've lived as a single child all my life. Though I wonder sometimes if I could end up having a half-brother from my biological father's side.

Years
    I have a sister two years younger than me. We have some common interests, but we are very different people. So, we get along pretty well but we don't spend loads of time together either. Our relationship is definitely better now than when we were younger though.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Two younger sisters, we get along fine

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I have an older sister! I think we were closer when we were younger but we're different people now and I feel like it's harder to get along at least from my end. I try to avoid talking if I'm being honest :p

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    I have a younger brother and we pretty much got each other's backs and even if we fight, we resolve them.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
    I am an only child and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. My entire family doted on me, and the ones that are still alive still do such. Though I realise now that for many siblings are a blessing, I did feel bad for people with siblings in the past; I would never have been okay with sharing my family's attention with a brother or a sister.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm the youngest of three other siblings. (2 older brothers, 1 older sister).

I text with them often, but they live far away with busy lives. If I'm lucky I see them on Christmas, or sometimes one will drop by around my birthday. Which is usually my sister.

Years
    I didn't mention it at first because I thought it might be a little complicated to explain on the forum, but I see that I am not the only one to comment about complex family situations, so I will share.

While it is true that I'm my mother's only child, and I didn't grow up with brothers or sisters in the house, I may have half siblings on my father's side.

I was told for some time that I had an older half brother from a relationship my father was in before he married my mother. He was a lot older than me. He was in his late teens before I was born, and I don't remember him well because my mom and dad split up when I was still in daycare and she got custody and moved far away with me in tow.

As I hear it told he was a bit of a problem child, and would get in trouble stealing things, running away from home. I know that he finally settled down and married with children of his own, and became a teacher like my father, and concentrates on helping troubled children and getting them off the streets. I have met him a couple of times. He seems okay. He's friendly.

However, my father recently told me a year or so ago that what I thought I knew was not true. He said he was actually raising someone else's child, and the man I thought was my half-brother was not biologically related to me at all. It wasn't a formal adoption, my dad just brought him into the home and told people that it was his son, and took care of him as if he was his own because this child's mother was not able to. It's like Cosette from Les Miserables or Adele from Jane Eyre.

That's not the only plot twist. According to my father I do actually have an older half sibling, it's just not the person I thought it was. My dad did indeed have an important relationship with someone else before my mother, and says that this woman had a daughter and that he is really the biological father of the girl. I believe the child's mother was married to someone else when she had an affair with my dad, and by the time my dad found out she asked him to not claim paternity and to just keep it a secret. For this reason my dad out of respect never publicly acknowledged this girl he says he is the father of, or even spoke of her to friends or family for many years, but he says he has a lot of regrets that he was not there for this child, and would have made a different choice is he could go back.

He anonymously has helped the person he thinks is his bological daughter financially for many years, and has finally met her. She believes that he is just a generous family friend, and has no idea that she is his real father.

My potential half sister I believe is in her 30s, and was a model living in New York. She has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and witnessed 9/11 and has a lot of trauma from seeing the towers fall. Because her mental state is fragile it's not been advised by psychiatrists who my father has sought the help of to give her any information that might confuse or upset her, because she is not emotionally ready to hear it. So she still does not know the truth of who her father may be.

I think because he did not have a relationship with this girl, it's part of the reason that he sorta adopted the boy I thought was my brother, out of guilt.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I have 2 younger brothers - I'm closer with the older one, but get along better with the younger one, if that makes sense. I get into fights with the older from time to time, but the bitterness never lasts and we usually get along just fine. We've been through so much together and I sometimes feel that my bond with him is the strongest one I have at the moment. My youngest brother is much more similar to me in terms of personality which could explain why I get into fights with him very very rarely. Then again, he is much younger than me so there aren't that many things we could get into conflict about in the first place.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i have a sister, she's five years younger than me. we did Not get along growing up but idk by the time i moved out for college, something just clicked and suddenly we were best friends and continue to remain close. i sadly don't live in alabama close by her anymore but we used to go to drag shows together a lot, both to perform and watch, we would go thrifting a lot, i'd bug her at the bar she works at every weekend. that's like the main reason i miss being home bc i always had a friend close by w her.

i also have a step-brother that's 8 years younger than me. we actually were pretty close when our parents dated/got married (he was like 3 when they started dating) and we played pokemon together a lot, but idk we drifted apart when he got into sports and stuff. he kind of like. has no personality now, it's kind of sad. but idk we talk more now that he's in college, or at least when i'm home. like we'll sit away from parents and i guess he feels cool talking about alcohol and he's not 21 yet lmfao like okay kid just be safe. i think college is helping him liven up and have a personality again at least so that's good for him.

Years
    I have two older stepbrothers, an older sister, and a younger brother. Think we were all under one roof for a year tops though... when my mom and stepdad got married, my stepbrothers were teenagers and didn't live with my stepdad. Then people went in and out as they got older and graduated high school, ect ect ect.

I get along well with everyone... though I only talk to my oldest stepbrother when I go visit my parents for family Christmas. Whoops. He's got 3 young kids, and both him and his wife work, so they can't exactly drop everything and go out of town to visit anyone. The rest of my other siblings are in a Facebook chat so I can hit them up whenever.
    My sister and I had some rough bits growing up -- we're only 3 years apart -- but she's my favorite sibling now don't tell the others.
    My younger brother, younger of the stepbrothers, and I all have video games in common. So we'll usually fill up the Facebook chat with video games, haha.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    I have a little sister and a big sister. There's a bit of an age gap between me and my little sister, but only a few years difference between me and my big sister.

I would say me and my little sister are pretty close for the most part. Me and my big sister weren't really close for a while due to a lot of issues, but we seem to be getting a little closer now which is good.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I have a younger sister who's a few years younger and an older brother who's a good eight or so years older; I get on pretty well with both of them and can't remember the last time I would have argued with them. I don't see my brother too often but since he had a kid we've been seeing them more often which is nice

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I have a younger brother. We get on actually quite well. We support and defend each other from our bullies and it feels like having a friend. We trust each other enough to talk about personal problems and get advise.

There's an age gap of a year, but we pretty much like a lot of the same things. They're autistic. so sometimes there's difficulty or miscommunication that can lead to a short falling out, but other than that, we're pretty close. Sometimes he's a lot mature than I am, so he's often mistaken as the older one.

That's alright tho.

Years
    I think I've got the best of both worlds, I'm a single child but am super close with my two cousins, who literally live round the corner to me! I've grown up with them all my life (one is the same age and another is two years younger) so they feel like siblings to me, just without the fights and annoyance haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2020
    I'm the youngest of three other siblings. (2 older brothers, 1 older sister).

Back