• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2017: Finale

Which are your favorites? (Choose as many as you'd like!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • PZJ34Z0.png

NnCyJr6.png

Welcome to the final poll of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The Favorite Pokémon Tournament (FPT for short), is a forum tradition dating back to 2013, where Pokémon of every type are pitted against each other in weekly polls, and the members of PokéCommunity vote on their favorites, with the winner of each poll earning a place in the finale. Once we go through all 18 types, we make it to this last stop on the journey, where the winner of the final poll is crowned champion, and PC's Favorite Pokémon of 2017!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below (updated for the finale):

Spoiler:

PREVIOUS FINALE RESULTS:
    2013 ~ 2014 ~ 2015 ~ 2016

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are only open until the end of the year, so don't wait to get voting, and may the best Pokémon win!

The Finalists:

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Lugia, Scizor, Mareep line and Espeon and Umbreon (the rest of the eeveelutions I did not vote for)

Years
    • Seen today
    Interesting to see that the Charizard and Gengar lines have made it to the finale anyway, despite not winning any polls this year. But anyways, I've cast my votes for:

Venusaur - My go-to starter in Kanto. It has a nice combination of Grass STAB, Sleep Powder, and Leech Seed.

Charizard - It may be overrated, but it's still awesome.

Gengar - My second favourite Pokemon of all time. For more information, read my favourite Pokemon blog.

Dragonite - While I like the other pseudo-legendaries more, Dragonite is still a good Pokemon. It's strong, bulky, has a huge movepool, and it's even somewhat cute.

Ampharos - A cute and strong Pokemon that has been a true bro in any of my Johto runs, and in my White 2 run.

Scizor - A badass Pokemon, and one of the best Bug types.

Sceptile - I love the Hoenn starters.

Garchomp - My third favourite pseudo-legendary. For more information, read my favourite Pokemon blog.

Lucario - A badass Pokemon that can go both physical and special, and has boosting options for both.

Although, as much as I'd like to vote for Vaporeon, Espeon, and Leafeon, that'd mean voting for Umbreon and Glaceon too, and I can't do that.

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Voted for:

- Vulpix line: This is mainly for the alolan forms as they are easily my favorite of the alolan forms and one of my favorite pokemon to use in battle. Not to forget how elegant and graceful they are!

- Scyther: This is a newer love as i didn't even vote for it in the original bug poll but since then I started using one and I absolutely love it. It's got an awesome design with more than capable battling abilities. Just all around cool

- Rockruff line: I have loved this line since it was introduced, the midday form being my 4th favorite pokemon of all time already. I love the different forms and their different battling abilities. Dusk has quickly become one of my favorite battling pokemon. I could go on for awhile about this line so i'll just end it here.

As a sidenote: interesting to see Lucario with the early lead, is the reign of the Ralts line over this year?

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Voted for Charmander line, Vulpix line, Eevee line, Gible line, Riolu line, Rockruff line and the Solgaleo line.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I voted for: Gengar, Umbreon, Jirachi, and Aegislash.

Gengar is just a savage pokemon that is incredibly fast, hits incredibly hard, has an awesome yet simple design, and it appears about as terrifying as it actually is in battle. I have many memories of using this pokemon going all the way back to my child hood. It was one of my favorite pokemon in the first generation and I had many great memories of beating my friends using Gengar. It's just an all around awesome pokemon.

Umbreon is in my top six favorite pokemon of all time. I know there is lots of hype for Umbreon and it is largely popular mostly due to its design. However, there really is a lot to love about this pokemon other than just its appearance. In my opinion Umbreon is one of the single most well designed stall pokemon. Umbreon has a fantastic stat build for a stall pokemon 95 base HP, 110 base Defense, and a whopping 130 base Special Defense, and then it has an incredibly diverse variety of attacks for a stall play style both in its natural move pool as well as it's TM move pool.
    One of the things that I enjoy the most about playing with an Umbreon, whenever I send out my Umbreon, I just feel so safe. Playing with umbreon feels like hiding in a bomb shelter. Umbreon gets my vote and I really don't care how popular it is, I like it because Umbreon is just an all around well designed pokemon with both it's appearance and its play style.

Jirachi is an adorable mythical pokemon that is a nasty Serene Grace abuser. I tend to be a big fan of adorable Mythicals, but beyond appearance it is a savage fighter. I actually don't know much more to say about Jirachi other than, I like it's design and I like how it fights. Legendary Pokemon stat build, with a fantastic ability, a decent type combination, and a move pool to compliment its general play style. It's a cool and adorable Mythical Pokemon, what's not to love?

Aegislash is the single most awesome pokemon to come out of generation 6. Before Aegislash existed I was a big fan of the pokemon Meloetta (still am), I was fascinated by Meloetta's ability to use an attack that caused a transformation that changed the pokemon's stats as well as typing. It just seemed like a great gimmick for certain pokemon. When I first understood how Aegislash functioned and then actually played with one, it was like Meloetta all over again with only a few differences. I just loved Aegislash, building a pokemon stat distribution as well as its move pool to suit not only its incredible defensive capabilities but also its astounding sweeping capabilities. It was also fascinating how Aegislash sort of allowed you to out play the opponent by predicting when to swap between its defensive form and its attacking form. Aegislash is a great pokemon for truly testing out the skill of a competitive battlers ability to predict an opponents next move.
    On top of all of this awesome battling insanity that Aegislash does... the pokemon is a freaking haunted coat of arms, I mean come on its design is just awesome. All around fantastic and incredibly cleverly designed pokemon.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • My votes went to Scyther, the Eeveelutions, the Ampharos line, Gabite, Riolu/Lucario and Lycanroc.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Ninetales, Gengar, Ampharos, Aggron, Altaria, and Aegislash get my vote. Tough decision, but the first five are some of my all-time favorites. Aegislash just has a really unique design that I dig.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • okay so i voted for Ampharos, Venusaur, Charizard, Sceptile, Ninetales (mostly for the new one but I guess the old one is also fine) and Garchomp as i just dont want Lucario to win

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    What a difficult choice! Anyways, I voted for Gengar, Eevee, Jirachi, Ralts, Lucario and Lycanroc!

Back