• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

handheld or console?

which one?

• handhelds

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • consoles

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • both

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • neither

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    which type of gaming device do you prefer?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Throughout my life I have spend a lot more time on handhelds than I have on home consoles. So I'm very much more inclined to play on a handheld console. Ironically, I don't count the Switch as a handheld. I've been using it as a home console exclusively and I think what trips me up about it is the size? Compared to a GBA or 3DS it's just so much bigger. I consider the Switch Lite a handheld, though. But I don't own one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Handhelds because it's easier to multi task while you play those vs a console. Also, if your TV is mounted high on the wall like mine, you have to look up while you play on a console and your neck/back get strained. While playing on the almighty 3DS or Switch Lite, you can lay on your bed and sprawl out your body in comfortable fashion while you play, a luxury you don't have playing on a console

Years
  • tbh, i'm kinda split between both? i like both equally, although admittedly going back to my 3DS after playing my Switch a lot is rather... trippy because of the screen. u_u so i don't feel very motivated to play many (3)DS games, anymore.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I guess I'm the odd one out here since I prefer console to handheld. I play both obviously, but I just really like having a big(ger) screen and a proper controller.

Years
  • Handheld for sure - I've gotten really comfortable with playing handheld systems like the GBA and 3DS, so it has really made me prefer it. Once I get a huge TV though… perhaps that will change. I'll report back. :3c

pkmin3033

I grew up with a Gameboy, and handhelds have always been my preference - I like curling up in a chair, on my bed, or wherever I feel like. I'm not overly fond of craning my neck for extended periods to stare at a TV screen, lighting in my room can be a nightmare at times, and...eh, it's just not as comfortable.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    pokecommunit- I mean personal computer, PC. I don't really do consoles. Much. I did like Playstation though :3

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • definitely both over either or, but I'm more of a handheld gamer and spend more time on my handhelds than on my home consoles. Forever love and play on both tho!

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • If i had to choose only between console and handheld, well each has their uses. Handheld for on the go or dont wanna be attatched to a tv/monitor all the time. Thats ideally where the switch shines along where the ds family did too. But you sadly get a performance hit when going for handheld so console does have its perks for being able to handle more power but not as powerful as a PC. If its wut i prefer to game on its big for PC, and console really seems pointless to me now (besides PS for their exclusives that i wanna play) but other than that i can just do a small form factor build (itx) and put it under a mounted tv or on a shelf under the tv and be getting more power than consoles would and more flexibility. But the ease of use of consoles for just grab a controller and play is really nice, but the performance of a pc outweighs that. So to me, there really is no clear winner, each have their own pros while coming at a cost of something.

Back