• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Have you ever crushed on anime characters?

Years
  • For a very brief period in my childhood, I had a crush on the girl robot in the Medabots anime. The one with the pink bow.

I was a strange kid.

Years
  • I think the furthest back I can go that I can say with certainty was a crush was 11/12 year old me having a crush on Botan from Yu Yu Hakusho. Beyond that? I can't really remember any proper crushes, but I'm sure I had some, both before and since. Probably Yoko and the Bachika sisters from Gurren Lagann back when I watched that in high school. Also probably Mimi from Digimon (Adventure, probably), Tea from YGO, and probably Erika, Sabrina, and Jasmine from the Pokemon anime and games when I was a kid, but those I'm less confident in as they pre-date the definite Botan crush. In hindsight I was hella basic with my anime crushes, but preteen/teen me was also hella basic, so it fits.

EDIT: Oh, right, there's probably a Bulma crush somewhere in there, too.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • Oh where do I begin -_-'

I've been watching Tokyo Ghoul recently and late S1/S2 Kaneki is fiiiiine. So is Touka, though. That's just an anime full of good looking characters! There's a lot more but it'd take me quite a few sentences to list them all.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Oh my god HAHAH

When I was 13, I thought I had a crush on Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist. But in reality I was crushing on this girl I knew who said Rin was one of her favourite characters ever. At the time Rin was also one of my favourite anime characters but I wouldn't say it was ever a crush on him, just misplaced feelings haha.

Other than that, no. I have had anime character I like a lot like such as Aomine from Kuroko's Basketball when I read the manga in HS, but not in the sense of a crush more just liking their character design/thinking their character is cool. So come to think of it, I don't think I've had a genuine crush on any anime character. :'D

Years
  • Oh my god HAHAH

When I was 13, I thought I had a crush on Rin Okumura from Blue Exorcist. But in reality I was crushing on this girl I knew who said Rin was one of her favourite characters ever. At the time Rin was also one of my favourite anime characters but I wouldn't say it was ever a crush on him, just misplaced feelings haha.

This is hilarious.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Hmm, I love Giyu, Nezuko and Shinobu from Demon Slayer,
    Riley and Lance from Pokémon,
    Takeru from Digimon,
    Kawaki from Boruto,
    Neji and Itachi from Naruto,
    Yuki Judai from Yugioh,
    Benimaru from That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime,
    Sukuna from Jujutsu Kaisen
    Kumoko and Wrath from Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?.

I mean, I don't crush on them, I just love these characters more. I do tend to love characters with more dark sides and character development than a 100% positive main character like... Ash. That is so stale.

Last edited:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Yes, I have! Nowadays I crush way more on videogame characters (which is why I won't be including any Pokémon characters in my list unless they're anime/manga-exclusive) and real people who play/voice characters in live-action/3D animation, but when I was a kid/teen, I was all about anime and manga guys. Some notable ones I can mention are:

-My first crush was, what you know, Atem/Yami Yugi from the original YGO series. I'm still not entirely sure I'm over that one even though it's been years since I left the fandom.
    -My biggest and most influential crush is Sabin from the Pokémon RéBURST manga. He was a minor character, but he set a whole new standard for future fictional guy crushes; at least 3 out of 4 of my simp targets resembles him in some way, either by being a mysterious masked man, a protective quasi-parental figure/friend of the protagonist's father, or a good father himself. It's been ten years since RéBURST ended and I still get mental keymash when I see new fanart of him on Pixiv. :D
    -My strangest crush (second to Sabin) was Iwanoi from the Medarot anime. He was a loser, but for some reason kid me found him super cute. And when adult me found out that an adult Iwanoi was in the later Medarot games... I had a looooooot of feelings bubble up there.
    -My most embarassing crush was Jarvis/Alva from the sixteenth Pokémon movie, the one with Volcanion and Magearna. I hated the guy so much that I loved him, but I wasn't willing to admit to the latter part because some of my villain-hating friends would have maimed me otherwise. Nowadays I find him bland even as a villain, but hey... something's gotta count.

Last edited:

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I just went through a phase of crushing on Near from Death Note. He's soooo freakin cute and weird and I love him. I wanna learn how to draw his hair <3

And I'm still in-and-out of a spell with Kaworu from Neon Genesis Evangelion. The anime one, in particular. I don't like manga Kaworu :( But anime Kaworu is intelligent and insightful, perceptive, empathetic, calm, socially inept but well meaning, soft-spoken, and downright gorgeous. 🖤🖤

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jun 26, 2022
    My first anime crush was Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi, and looking at who I am now that explains a lot lol.

Some of my other more prominent anime crushes were James from Pokemon, Zelgadis from Slayers, and Sanosuke from Ruroni Kenshin.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Sebastian from Black Butler. As a teenager around 2006 to 2010, I very much believed this guy was perfection itself. Who wouldn't want a handsome, mysterious, and powerful butler at their side?

Also, not sure if I had a crush or obsession with Lelouch from Code Geass. That anime was an emotional rollercoaster when it was airing.

Latios

Editor of the Johto Times newsletter
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yes, a long time ago when I was younger. I'd rather forget those days personally :P

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    Man, I've been susceptible to fictional crushes since I was like, 5. Some (most?) of them have been anime characters (though my current one is not).

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    I had a couple of anime crushes especially in my childhood and teenage years. I think Kiiro (eng Limone) from Wedding Peach was the most serious one since I really hated Yuri his girlfriend. I was also into Yami Yugi, Trunks (DBZ) and Ace. Nowadays they turned into favourite characters. Also in my country Yami Yugi and Trunks shared a voice actor, a very good one. It makes me happy every time I hear his voice.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Oh dear. Now let me tell you about a time in middle school when I became obsessed with Gaara from Naruto. If looks could kill, then tween Pudding would be long gone.

…That is, until a new heartbreaker arrived in the scene during my early high school years: Ulquiorra from Bleach. Aw man, I cringe thinking back at that time my desk practically looked like a shrine for that fictional man haha.

Nowadays I have characters I would point and give a thumbs up every once in a while. The days of daydreaming and becoming infatuated with them are long gone.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2022
    I have a crush on Ryuuichi Asami. He is from the FINDER manga series and I had a own collection of him and FINDER.

Years
  • Of course! As a kid, I was enamored with Gary. Yes, that Gary.

As an adult, I don't really have crushes on fictional characters anymore. But, uh, Dio Brando is like... 😳

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • Absolutely. My first two anime crushes were both Edward Elric and Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist. And now, it's kinda tied between Shota Aizawa from My Hero Academia and Soma Yukihira from Food Wars.

Years
  • Absolutely. My first two anime crushes were both Edward Elric and Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist. And now, it's kinda tied between Shota Aizawa from My Hero Academia and Soma Yukihira from Food Wars.

Food Wars has some of the best character designs and art ever - it is really impressive how good the art style is! Almost all the characters look really good haha.

Back