• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How easy did you all find SV to be?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • And was the difficulty up to what you expected, and possibly to the point you see future games being like this?

Personally I actually found it to be quite easy, especially my first playthrough. Although my first playthrough I did have some really powerful mons on the team including a very overpowered starter. So how did you guys finf SV's difficulty to be?

Years
  • I think it was medium-easy difficulty. I kinda made some stuff a little harder, like playing manual set mode and challenging gym leaders in a different order (8th was my 4th, 7th was my 5th, ecc.), but it still wasn't that hard. I mostly felt like the difficulty kicked in against Clavel and Arven. In general, team Star wasn't too easy to defeat. But yeah, definitely harder than Sword and Shield. Well, also the post game was a bit hard. I kinda had to deal with being underlevelled after the three main adventures and I kinda had to deal with that for the entire game.

I think this is not a bad level of difficulty in general, especially considering how vast the fanbase is, but at the same time, I wish it was a bit more difficult and that they didn't remove set mode lol.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Some of the titans were challenging, since I challenged them in the wrong order and was under-leveled. Other than that, it was easy.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • This is an interesting question, because Scarlet and Violet, at times, are as difficult as you want them to be. Want to steamroll the game with the same 6 overleveled Pokémon and beat the challenges in the "correct" order? Go ahead. Wanna screw around with team compositions, the now always-accessible boxes, and exploration? You've just made the game a bit more challenging.

I found Scarlet and Violet to be a little hard, mainly because of the way I structured my teams. A Mono-Poison team had Tulip, Rika, and Poppy to worry about, not to mention Larry beating me because I was underleveled, as well as Nemona (I'm embarrassed to admit I lost to Geeta too); Arven provided a difficult fight for my team full of single-stagers and an indecisive team composition (which I didn't, for some reason, add my Falinks to); and my more conventional team for Starfall Street made it out just fine (although Mela was a nightmare since I fought her first, and Clavell proved a strong foe). I lost to the final boss and Arven in the first Academy Ace Tournament once as well.

Overall I have a feeling me intentionally handicapping my teams and thinking held items will solve everything has something to do with how difficult I think SV is. In actuality the games would probably be a lot easier if I actually played like a kid, but that's really not how I want to play. I really liked preparing a mono-Rock team specifically in preparation for the Brassius and Kofu rematches and giving each member of the team a moment to shine, and I'm a fan of using off-beat, sometimes suboptimal picks such as Oricorio and Tropius; inherent disadvantages like those that I placed upon myself made my playthrough all the more fun and satisfying.

Years
  • I was never in any trouble against any of the gyms, titans and team star bases or elite four.
    Meowscarada, Ceruledge and Flamigo in particular deleted so many opponents without any issues.

Story aside, what I find challenging is some of the 6 and 7 star raids, which can get pretty hard depending on the Tera type the mon has.
    I literally could not beat a 6 star Fire Tera Amoonguss raid because none of my mons that could hit Fire types effectively could resist it's attacks well enough and the dang thing always opens with Spore too. I didn't feel like training up a new mon just to beat it so I abandoned that raid.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • For a regular playthrough, Pokémon Violet was easy for me. Many of the trainers on routes only had mostly 1-3 Pokémon in their party. In addition, the Gym Leaders and Elite Four were very easy to defeat as well. Yet, I still had a ton of fun with Pokémon Violet because I enjoy the open world and exploring Paldea, especially with my friends in Union Circle. As for the competitive aspect, it's not too hard either. I win the vast majority of my battles on a regular basis. The hardest aspect of it to me is actually the Tera Raids, but that's because I have no Pokémon close to level 100 yet. I don't plan on getting them to that high of a level until some possible DLC comes out.

Years
  • Started easy til the fire team star group which i barely beat. Then took down some titan and after the 2nd i went immediately south and got beaned by a titan you aint suppose to fight til like level 40s. Electric gym also gave me grief. After that, smooth sailing. So kinda hard at first and easy later

Years
  • I don't think I'm used to bigger maps and worlds so I've been constantly getting lost here and there, also meant I'm not used to open world games much since I don't really play any games much nowadays. Still stumped trying to get find my way to the 4th gym (water). Haven't much other trouble getting around other than that. Took me a good while to find the crab titan however, and I'm very familiarized with all the new names in Gen 9, so I'm calling by how I see it and how I remember it.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Main playthrough: Feels hard to gauge. Tended not to fight at equal level. Leans towards the easier side of things, assuming equal level. Ramped up for the final fight of every path (as it should). Sees nothing super dangerous outside that otherwise. Maybe Iono and some Starmobiles? Suppresses most of the Titans with Charm.

Would like to see the Elite Four at equal level, however. Tackled the Elite Four last. Demolished them while playing as if on Set Mode with no in-battle items. Kept all Pokemon alive anyways. Looks respectable at a glance, move-wise. (Matches the gym leaders on the details, however: neutral natures, 20-25 IVs, and full Hitpoint EVs on the ace only.)

Could be a great game, difficulty-wise, for a monotype. Guarantees multiple challenges strong against your type.

Tera Raids: Difficult at first. Became easier with proper training and more options. Did not have Zacian to thrash (most) raids like in Sword.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Honestly I blew through everything. I didn't struggle at all. At times I thought I was going to. but I never did. They hardest was I think Team Star Fighting Leader because I was below the level because I thought it was the next one, but it wasn't. But I still found it fairly easy.

I barely even battled trainers. If I had, it would have been even easier.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Literally the same as Iceshadow for me as well. The only difference was that I did the Fighting boss last.
    Howerver, I was using mostly Dark/Steel Types, so even though I was over leveled I still got owned pretty hard lol.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Like in the rest of Pokémon games (especially modern Pokémon games), a lot of the difficulty is subject to aspects and choices made by the player, so we can't really compare each game's difficulty unless we actually played them all under equal conditions.

There are well known handholding issues, such as forced Exp. Share that leads to overlevelling if you battle everyone and stick with a team of six like you normally would in Gen 1-7 games, the Anime powers your Pokémon gain if you use Refresh, Camping, or whatever it's called in SV, the earlier accessibility to competitive items and other tools to improve your team easily while the AIPC trainers don't use any of that, etc.

SV are stupidly easy if you make use of everything you can. But not particularly easier than to most of the main games... you just have to play pretending that some of their features don't exist to make them more challenging.

Pokémon is a franchise in which you can "defeat" a champion after spamming full restores and Revives, and you would still be called an amazing trainer and a champion after that...

Years
  • Pretty easy. Not sure I suffered anywhere at all, the closest was the final boss fight in Area Zero but even then it wasn't much. Candies and the Exp. Share being shared made it super easy to overlevel haha. Would prefer it if we could have difficulty options since the games were definitely very easy but I enjoyed it nonetheless. My husband trained around 2-3 teams worth of Pokemon and still overleveled too.

Years
  • I pressed A and won. I don't think there was a single moment, where I would fear I could lose or struggle. Just like any other modern Pokémon game. I was slightly overleveled ever since the tutorial and the game couldn't really catch up with me. And I swapped my Pokémon few times to counter this to no avail.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Mostly easy apart from when I tried to fight the desert Titan about 20 levels under-levelled. None of the Gyms or Team Star battles gave me any real trouble, nor did the final boss.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Bumping thread, what do you guys think?

I have two playthroughs of this game now and both times I found the game to be super easy.

TBSRB2

Rookie
    Days
    • he/him
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Fairly easy. It was only hard when I ended up being underleveled for certain story events I did out of order but after I had gotten my main team over level 55, everything else was a breeze. I mainly only find difficulty in building up certain mons for 6* raids that I can't just thoughtlessly Belly Drum Drain Punch through with IH.

Back